Doctors in Medanta Mediclinic Defence Colony
Liver Transplant Surgery
She is very claim to listen your problem and give best advice. I know her since 2004 when she was in Moolchand Med city.
Karan Singh Yadav
he is simply master.great doctor i have ever met
Very good experience
Platelet-rich plasma or PRP is a concentration of platelet-rich plasma protein that is extracted from a patient's own blood. PRP is a clear, yellow fluid that has an increased concentration of growth factors than regular blood; therefore, it is used to encourage healing and growth and is often referred to as liquid gold.
PRP for hair loss is a minimally invasive, highly effective procedure meant for anyone concerned with a receding hairline or hair loss both men and women, as well as younger and older patients can benefit from this procedure.
PRP can also be used to rejuvenate the skin when used in conjunction with a procedure called micro needling. Medical-grade micro needling is a great way to improve complexion, fine lines, texture, coloration, and acne scars.
This procedure is particularly popular for its minimal downtime and camera-ready skin results.
Blood in a stool ,I think it's piles ,it's bleeding, I get pain during motion and its been happening for 20 days.
Ayurveda also believes that wrong diet and lifestyle are two main causes of skin diseases. For instance, following a diet or lifestyle that is against the season or nature of a person, results in the creation of imbalances in bodily energies, thereby contaminating body tissues resulting in skin disease. Skin is the biggest organ of the human body, constituting of seven layers. Unlike what many of us think, skin is not merely peripheral but stretches itself to deeper levels in the body. Hence, Ayurveda believes that skin diseases have deep-rooted causes. Most skin diseases are rooted deeply in various tissues, and ‘dhatus’ like fat, blood, muscles etc.
Common skin diseases and its characteristics:
Some major skin diseases are: Itching, Erythroderma, Psoriasis, Urticaria, Eczema, Blisters, Angioedema, Metastatic skin carcinoma, Widespread blistering, Photosensitivity, Acne, Scabies, Pressure sore, and Vitiligo.
- Itching (Pruritus) – provokes a desire to scratch, sometimes accompanied by a scaly rash, and is a common symptom of primary skin diseases and underlying medical disorders.
- Erythroderma – Eczema, drug eruptions, psoriasis, lichen planus may all rarely progress to erythroderma, which presents itself with or without scaling on all of the body surfaces.
- Urticaria – This is also known as Nettle Rash or Hives, characterized by itchy or burning swellings, occurring throughout or anywhere in the body and lasting less than 24 hours.
- Photosensitivity – Sunlight is the main cause of several skin diseases, due to exposure from UV radiation and visible light. Face, particularly nose and cheeks or area under the chin, hands, are usually light-exposed sites subjected to photosensitivity.
- Eczema – Presents itself with symptoms like redness and swelling, ill-defined margin and papules, blisters, vesicles, cracking or scaling.
- Psoriasis – is a non-infectious inflammatory disease of the skin, presenting with defined erythematous plaques with large adherent silvery scales. It is believed to be due to an excessive division of cells in basal layers, and is well-treated in Ayurveda.
- Vitiligo (Leucorderma) – This disorder is due to little or no melanin in the skin, and is an acquired condition, with depigmented patches developing often in the wrists, knees, neck and around the body orifices. Psoriasis is believed to be due to emotional stress that poisons internal system, manifesting in the form of rashes and skin problems in the body’s surface. Ayurveda believes that Urticaria is largely caused by allergies, whether external or internal, while Eczema is caused by major aggravation in kapha, which coincides with more minor unsettlements in vata and pitta.
Causes of skin disease:
According to Ayurveda Skin diseases may manifest when a person indulges in one or more of the below listed reasons:
- Intake of incompatible food combinations such as milk with fish.
- Consumption of excessive amounts of drinks which are unctuous and heavy to digest.
- Suppression of the urge to vomit or other natural urges.
- Physical exercise or wandering in excessive heat after eating a heavy meal.
- Haphazard intake of foods with hot and cold properties.
- Use of cold water immediately after exposure to scorching sun heat, exertion or exposure to frightening situations.
- Intake of excess food, uncooked food and eating before the complete digestion of the previous meal.
- Improper administration of Ayurvedic detox therapies.
- Excessive intake of foods made from freshly harvested grains, curd, fish, salt and sour substances.
- Excessive intake of black gram, radish, pastry, sesame seeds and jaggery.
- Performance of sexual activity while suffering from indigestion.
- Sleeping during the daytime.
- Insulting people and engaging in sinful acts.
Although skin diseases are caused due to imbalances of the doshas, the prime dosha involved here is Pitta, which symbolizes heat or fire.
Apart from that, allergies, over-exposure to hot conditions, mental stress, genetic disorders and fatigue are also common. Diabetes is also a major cause of skin disorders, as the excess sugar in the body is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, which multiply rapidly using the skin cells.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD) refers to a health condition wherein the stomach acids tend to leak backwards from your stomach into the oesophagus, causing the latter to experience a good amount of irritation, thereby triggering a number of other problems. GERD has a way of affecting people irrespective of their age or gender.
Obese people are at higher risk of suffering from GERD. Excess belly fat causes pressure on stomach leading to the development of hiatan hernia, which prompts backflow of acid or hormonal changes like a increase in estrogen exposure that can take place in people who are suffering from obesity.
GERD is a condition that everyone has experienced at one point or the other in their lives. It generally happens when on burping you are left with a bit of an acid taste that lingers in your mouth, followed simultaneously by a case of heartburn. A sure way to ascertain this condition is to check for the following symptoms:
- Sudden and excessive rise in saliva
- Acid regurgitation
- Gums show inflammation
- Sore throat that is chronic
- Bad breath
- Encountering pain or difficulty while swallowing
- Hoarseness or laryngitis
- Chest pain
How can it be treated?
The prime treatment measure for GERD is to adopt necessary lifestyle changes so that you may nurture better health. In case you happen to be overweight, it is important that you look into the matter of weight loss.
- Medicines must be taken along with a lot of water, and doctors must ensure that prescribed medications do not actually worsen your heartburn.
- Over-the-counter medications and antacids can be used every once in a while after meals, but it does one good to remember that the effects don’t last for long. Side effects of excessive dosage of antacids include constipation or diarrhoea.
- Proton pump inhibitors might also be recommended in acute cases of GERD to reduce the total amount of acid that is manufactured in your stomach. H2 blocker is another antidote that aims at reducing the level of acid that is released in your stomach.
- Anti-reflux surgery is also prescribed for those people whose symptoms persist despite a change in medications and lifestyle patterns. An endoscopic surgery is another important procedure that may be opted for in order to correct GERD.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility.
A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms.
A romantic image of candle light and soft music often also has a bowl containing strawberries, chocolate, and wine. Food not only makes you look and feel better but also has an effect on your overall health.
Take a look at a few foods that can increase your sexual desire.
- Strawberries and raspberries - Strawberries and raspberries are delicious antioxidants that have been linked to high sperm counts in men. Both contain zinc that regulates the production of testosterone in men and prepares a woman's body for intercourse. These berries also provide high levels of energy at the cost of very few calories.
- Avocados - Avocados are great sources of energy and boost the libido. They also contain monounsaturated fats that are essential for hormone production. Avocados are rich sources of vitamin B6 and vitamin E which increase oxygen and blood flow throughout the body. Vitamin B 6 is also linked to testosterone production. The high potassium content also boosts a woman's libido.
- Watermelon - In summer, watermelon not only cools your body but also increases your libido. In a way watermelon can be compared to Viagra. This popular summer fruit is rich in lycopene, citrulline, and beta carotone which help the blood vessels relax and act as natural enhancers.
- Almonds - Almonds contain vitamins and minerals essential for sexual health such as zinc, vitamin E, and selenium. Selenium is also linked to fighting infertility. Almonds are packed with proteins to give you energy and stamina and are known to stimulate the production of testosterone in men. They also contain omega 3 fatty acids that help blood circulation.
- Figs - Figs enhance the secretion of pheromones and are known to be fertility stimulants. They also contain magnesium that aid in the production of androgen and estrogen and an amino acid that increases blood flow. Figs are also said to be mood enhancers and credited to increase sexual stamina.
- Sweet potato - Sweet potato is rich in vitamin A that fights infertility and vitamin C that produces collagen and fights high blood pressure. Since high blood pressure increases the risks of erectile dysfunction, sweet potatoes indirectly fight erectile dysfunction.
- Dates - Dates literally melt in your mouth making the very act of eating them sensually. This makes them popular aphrodisiacs for both men and women. Dates are rich sources of amino acids that increase sexual stamina and blood circulation. Dates are also used to treat sexual impotence and to promote the production of hormones.
While spectacles are a fashion statement for some people, for others they are an uncomfortable necessity. Though contact lenses may be a little more aesthetically pleasing they too can be quite uncomfortable and cannot be worn throughout the day. Thankfully, there is a third way to correct vision. Laser surgery or LASIK, it is a popular refractive procedure that can correct common vision problems, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. This procedure aims at reshaping the cornea so that light entering the eyes can be focused onto the retina for the person to have a clearer vision.
The first step of laser surgery to correct vision is to create a thin, circular flap in the cornea. This is then folded back to access the stroma or underlying cornea. An excimer laser is then used to remove some of the corneal tissue. For people suffering from nearsightedness, the cornea is flattened while for people suffering from farsightedness, the cornea is made steeper. In cases of astigmatism, an irregular cornea is smoothened.
Once the correct gradient has been achieved the corneal flap is put back into place and the cornea is allowed to heal naturally. There are no stitches or bandages required in a laser eye surgery. You may feel a temporary burning or itching sensation in your eyes immediately after the procedure. It is important not to rub your eyes or place any pressure on them. Your vision may also be cloudy or blurred for the first few hours. A doctor will usually advise you to rest for a few days after the surgery so that your cornea can heal properly. In a few days, your eyesight should stabilize, though, in a few rare cases, it may take a little longer. You should also avoid any form of strenuous exercising for a few days after the surgery.
Though LASIK surgery has a very high success rate, there are very rare occasions where spectacles may still be needed even after the surgery. Thus LASIK is a choice of treatment for many who seek freedom from glasses.