Salicylic Peel Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstruction of Smile Procedures
Revlite Laser Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Pityriasis Rosea Treatment
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Chin Reduction Treatment
Chemical Peel Treatment
Fat Injections (Transplant) Procedure
Submit a review for Mahindru HospitalYour feedback matters!
I have problems of hair falling from last three months .please advice me How I can growth my hair. Please suggest my best ayurvedic medicine and anti dandruff shampoo and hair oil. Also shows what type vegetable and fruit I can take.
Psoriasis is a chronic disease. It develops when a person’s immune system sends faulty signals that tell skin cells to grow too quickly. New skin cells form in days rather than weeks.
The body does not shed these excess skin cells. The skin cells pile up on the surface of the skin, causing patches of psoriasis to appear. Psoriasis may look contagious, but it's not.
You cannot get psoriasis from touching someone who has it. To get psoriasis, a person must inherit the genes that cause it.
Types of psoriasis
If you have psoriasis, you will have one or more of these types:
- Plaque (also called psoriasis vulgaris).
- Inverse (also called flexural psoriasis or intertriginous psoriasis).
- Erythrodermic (also called exfoliative psoriasis).
Some people get more than one type. Sometimes a person gets one type of psoriasis, and then the type of psoriasis changes.
Its treatment depends on chronicity,severity,types,also patient's age,lifestyle also play an important role in its treatment.For appointments call 9004839333 to visit our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra.
In the modern times, hair removal has become very common. Most people get a hair removal done for fashion reasons, although hair removal is extremely hygienic as well. The common hair removal methods are waxing, shaving or tweezing. The latest and the most effective hair removal method is laser hair removal.
- Lasers are extremely useful to remove unwanted hair from different parts of the body like the face, the legs, the arms, the underarms, the bikini line, and any other area. Here are a few benefits of laser hair removal:
- Laser hair removal can focus on a particular portion of the skin leaving the surrounding areas. It can also remove coarse hair without affecting the skin in the area.
- It is a very fast method as each laser pulse takes just a fraction of a second. An upper lip laser hair removal takes about a minute whereas laser hair removal of the back can take almost an hour.
- Laser hair removals are mostly permanent after a series of minimum 3 sittings.
What to do before Treatment?
Laser hair removal is just not a method to remove hair, it is a complete treatment. Make sure the person who will conduct the treatment on you is a professional technician or a doctor.
If you are getting a laser hair removal, abstain from waxing, plucking, or electrolysis for at least six weeks before going through the treatment. Also try to avoid the Sun as that can create certain complications.
What to expect from Treatment?
Before your unwanted hair is removed with laser, it will be trimmed to just a few millimeters right above the skin. The equipment of the laser treatment will adjust to the colour, the thickness, as well as the location of the unwanted hair being treated, along with the skin colour. The technician and you will need to wear eye protection, according to which laser will be used. Your outer skin will also be requiring a coolant gel or device before the treatment takes place.
After the treatment is done you will be provided with ice packs and anti-inflammatory lotions to relieve the discomfort. Schedule your next sitting after at least six weeks. You will have to keep going for more sittings until hair stops growing.
You might look sunburned after the treatment. Moisturizing will help ease the burnt feeling. Use sunscreen to prevent any colour change of your skin. Some other side effects can be blistering (which is usually very rare), swelling, scarring, or redness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Darunak or commonly known as dandruff, is a disorder that affects the scalp. Dandruff causes white, dry flakes of dead skin cells to shed from the scalp. Although dandruff rarely causes baldness and hair loss, the itchiness of this condition may most certainly be a cause of concern. If white flakes persist for a long time, the person may experience symptoms of seborrhea, psoriasis, or eczema. According to Ayurveda, Darunak is a Vatakapha predominant tridoshaj disease. According to Acharya ‘Sushrut’, Madhav’ and Yogratnakar’, Darunak have symptoms like Itching, White scales like structures, Dryness in the scalp. Along with aforesaid symptoms of Acharya Vagbhatta also considered Hair loss and Numbness of scalp. The Adhisthan (place of origin) of this disease is the keshbhumi (Scalp).
Over time, proponents of Ayurveda have conducted various researches on this disease, trying to find out an effective solution when it comes to dandruff related problems.
Prolonged Treatment for Wet or Oily dandruff:
The scalp skin produces sebum (Kapha), which is an oily substance. This sebum helps in keeping your scalp and hair hydrated. It is a natural process, without which your hair may turn dry and frizzy. However, when this sebum (kapha) is over produced due to certain reasons, you may suffer from problems of the scalp. Over production of sebum (kapha) causes oily scales to appear on the scalp, which may cause severe itching and may also result in infection. Therefore, wet dandruff requires prolonged treatment, whereas it is easier to treat dry dandruff.
Impurity in the blood:
According to Ayurvedic system of medicine, dry dandruff is caused because of ‘Vata Pradhan Kapha dosha’. On the other hand, wet dandruff is caused because of ‘Kapha Pradhan Vata dosha’. As per Acharya Videha Pitta and Kapha are involved in causing darunak i.e. Dandruff. The vitiation of Vata and Pitta in the body leads to vitiation of Raktadhatu(blood) thus giving rise to impurities in the blood. This in turn leads to poor nourishment of the scalp. In such cases, detoxification of blood is also required to get rid of dandruff.
Ayurveda places the problem of dandruff in the category of Shudra Roga, which appears due to an imbalance of all three doshas (Ayurvedic humor). The primary doshas involved are Kapha and Vata.Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes Softness, Stickiness, provides nourishment & lubrication. Vata is dry and rough in nature. In an aggravated state, both doshas as per their predominance cause the production of specific impurities in scalp, which are dry and sticky in nature. These impurities accumulate in the deep tissues of the scalp and contaminate them. Contamination of the deep tissues and aggravated Vata-Kapha Dosha causes itching and flaky patches on the scalp. Due to these factors, the scalp sheds larger than normal amounts of dead epidermal cells, which leads to the problem of dandruff.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment is to generally pacify Kapha and Vata through herbal medicines, as well as a tailor-made diet and lifestyle plan. Also, special herbs are administered to cleanse the body of accumulated digestive impurities.
The Ayurvedic system of treatment for wet or oily dandruff, in particular, is briefly mentioned here:
- According to Ayurveda, dandruff could be caused due to prolonged intake of cold water, Excessive usage of foods that taste salty, Chronic Rhinitis, Irregular Sleeping Habits, Excessive Exposure to UV of sun, Suppressing Natural Urges, Excessive consumption of alcohol, Excessive sweating , Improper maintenance of Hair and using very less or no hair oil for massaging Head and Scalp.
- Ayurveda suggests both topical and internal medicines for the treatment of wet or oily dandruff. The topical medicines are intended to manage dandruff and also provide relief from itching and infection, if any. The internal medicines are intended to detox the blood and also improve immunity, nourish the skin and thereby help in improving the quality of hair.
- If dandruff is caused due to psoriasis and eczema, then there are exclusive medicines to combat the infection, detox the body and nourish the skin and hair.
- Ayurveda suggests that foods like coconut, Indian gooseberry ( Amla), Raisins etc. help in preventing dandruff.
- In addition to these, Ayurveda also suggests various home remedies for effective management of both wet and dry dandruff, like washing your hair with decoction prepared with Neem Leaves or Take powder of Mustard seeds and licorice, make them into paste by adding milk to it and leave it on head for 20min and wash later with water.
- Taking Panchkarama detoxification procedures like Nasyam, Raktamokshnam, Shirobasti, Abhyanga Swedanam under the guidance of expert can also play very important role in the management of both the types of dandruff.
- Accumulated hair and dandruff scales can be made returned to the healthy scalp from unclean combs and brushes. This may irritate the scalp and causes flare of dandruff again. Combs and brushes are the tools for the care of your hair; they should be properly made and well cared to accomplish this purpose. Neem wood combs can work wonder but they should also be regularly cleaned and changed every six months. It can be easily deduced that wet dandruff can be effectively managed and treated by undergoing treatment under Ayurvedic system of medicines.
However, you should avail such treatment under the supervision of an experienced doctor specialised in Ayurvedic medical science.
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hair, which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair will permanently be gone if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing: All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
There are also several risks of laser hair removal, which are pretty common and about which you should be aware of. These include.
Blisters and sunburns: Even though blisters are rare, sunburns are pretty common. You can wear makeup on your face to cover up the side burns unless it has blisters.
Changes in the color of the skin: Sunscreen can be worn to treat this problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks.
I am a 35 years man. I have thin hair and are falling. They are turning grey too. How can I improve my hair health and how can I have regrowth of hair. Please advice.
I have flaky area on my breasts ND waist bone .If I starch over it I gonna get power like, peeling of dry skin. Why it is like tat? In all season facing dz from from past 1 year. Even moisture also won't work after 15 hr. After applying moisture n leave it for 15 to 20 hour it will again like tat. What is reason for this? Y I hv dz at tat particular area. It makes me so embrass please give me out the best solution to rid off it.
I am 21. And the shine from my face is gone. My body and face looks dull. Not matter what I try. I tried almost everything including my diet. Which had almonds, green tea, fruits, every kind of face packs, now I am feeling terrible.
What is the real reason behind the surgery?
The decision to have breast augmented surgery should be a woman’s alone. Friend’s advice or pressure from your partner should not play a role in this. Since this is a complicated procedure, getting the surgery done with external pressure can lead to disappointment.
How expensive are these surgeries?
Breast augmentation surgeries are slightly expensive compared to other plastic surgeries. However, the price of the surgery varies depending on the procedure chosen and the doctor who is performing it. It makes sense to consider a clinic which fits the budget and has a very good reputation of its own. Planning your finance well in advance should be one of the top priorities of a woman.
While most breast augmentation surgeries are harmless, there are potential complications that go with it. Bruising and swelling are common risks that are involved with this procedure. This might even last for a week. If surgeries go wrong there is a potential risk in getting a second surgery to set things right. The candidate might have to take antibiotics and pain medication for quite a few weeks till things become normal.
Think about a realistic size-
There is this general notion that breast augmentation surgeries do not give a natural look to a woman. To ensure that one gets a natural look, it is very important to choose the right size of the implant. While it remains a personal choice, the appropriate breast size makes a woman more attractive.
Set the expectation right-
Most breast augmentation surgeries give people a positive outlook towards life. They feel more confident and happier than before. Having said this, there are chances of potential changes in the physiological and physical front. Before the surgery, a detailed discussion with the doctor is recommended.
Where should you have the surgery from?
While there are many places that offer cheap implant options, money should not be the only consideration. A surgery as important as this should have various parameters weighed such as the experience of a doctor, the success rate of the doctor, talking to people who have undergone the same procedure from the same facility etc.
Is a night stay at the clinic mandatory?
A night stay at the clinic is not mandatory. While some clinics emphasize for a night stay so that the patient can be kept under observation, some prefer that their candidates go home and heal at the privacy of their homes.
If a person is planning to get pregnant after the surgery, there is a potential risk of breastfeeding. While most women do not face this, there are considerable ones who come across this problem. A prior consultation with the doctor will help to take an informed decision.
The skin is the largest organ that covers the human body from top to toe. It is also most susceptible when it comes to myriad infections and conditions that can range from mild and temporary to extreme and permanent. Seborrheic Dermatitis is a condition that produces red and itchy patches on the skin as well as flaky scales on the scalp. It may stem from an allergic reaction like eczema. Read on to know more about the condition.
This condition can be found at any age. It may be found in infants and in elderly people as well. The main causes of the condition include stress and even your genetic make-up. The hereditary factors also play a major role in conditions like these. This condition may be caused by the yeast that feasts on the skin and causes sores. Additionally, it may be caused as a side effect of certain medicines and other medical conditions. Many patients experience this condition when the weather is cold and dry.
Seborrheic Dermatitis may be caused by oily skin that can lead to excessive acne and other such eruptions. Depression and eating disorders can also result in this condition as a painful symptom. Patients who are HIV positive can experience this condition as a symptom.
The symptoms of this condition may vary from mild to extreme. Dandruff, cradle cap for babies, etc. are some of the main symptoms. This condition can cause eruptions around the face and neck as well as the navel and buttocks areas. It may also be seen in the folds of the skin like armpits and below the breasts. Scaling and redness are the main signs and symptoms that point towards the presence of Seborrheic Dermatitis. Inflammation may or may not occur. If it is associated with cradle cap, then there may not necessarily be any related inflammation.
There have been many instances where a mild flare up may end up healing on its own without any medication or medical intervention. In such cases, you can actually try some home-based treatment like ice packs. Good skin care and hygiene will also ensure that the condition clears up on its own, yet one should be prepared to see eruptions for a year at a time. Coal tar and zinc are some of the most commonly used elements in the medication that can be prescribed by a dermatologist. Anti-fungal products and a mild shampoo for babies can also be used in order to successfully treat this condition. Steroids may be required in order to successfully treat Seborrheic Dermatitis, if it becomes too extreme and difficult to contain.