Doctor in Maxcare Clinics
Smile Design Procedures
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Smile Makeover Procedures
Maxillo Facial Treatment
Smile Architect Procedure
Temporomandibular Joint Disorder Treatment
Minor Oral Surgery
Submit a review for Maxcare ClinicsYour feedback matters!
Chemical peeling is a type of body treatment technique, which is used to improve the texture of your skin. This treatment is mostly done on the facial skin to remove the dead skin cells. The regenerated skin is usually smoother in texture and less wrinkly. This treatment helps to eliminate problems of uneven tone, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Although chemical peeling is a safe technique, there are a few things that you should keep in mind before opting for one.
1. Peeling is a kind of exfoliation - Peeling involves flaking skin off and is the only way to regenerate healthier and better skin. In some cases, certain types of gels are used to speed up the peeling process. These gels contain micronutrients, which are beneficial for the skin.
2. Chemical peels are not only for facial treatments - This technique can be used not only for the face but for several other parts of the body as well such as the hands, chest, neck, and legs. They help in removing dark spots and acne from the surface of the skin.
3. A solitary chemical peel isn't enough - You should keep in mind that a single peel may not be enough to get the job done. Unless you opt for a deeper chemical peel, chances are that you won't get satisfactory results. Your skin care professional can advise you on the number of sittings that would be required.
4. Sunscreen is important - It is necessary to use sunscreen after your chemical peel treatment as it helps you in maintaining long lasting results. There are a wide range of oil free sunscreens available, which you can wear under your makeup.
5. Having realistic expectations - One should remember that years of scarring and skin damage wouldn't be resolved or removed with one single peel session. It can, however, lead to smoother, tighter and brighter skin.
5 acts that can rid you of dark circles
Dark circles are a very common cause of concern for most people around the world. More than 50% of the world's females are troubled with dark circles as the major cause of affecting their beauty. If you are one of those women, here are 5 factors you must work on to rid yourself of dark circles.
1. Identify the type of dark circle that you have
Dark circles are mainly of three types, namely blue circles, brown circles and hyperpigmentation circles. To rid yourself of dark circles, it is extremely important for you to find out the type of dark circle that you have, because without knowing so, you can never find the appropriate remedy for your problem.
2. Detect the reason why you have dark circles under your eyes
Dark circles are caused due to a variety of reasons, ranging from hereditary causes to health and stress related reasons. Some of the common reasons why dark circles are caused include-
- liver problems
- excessive exposure to sunlight
- dehydration etc.
3. Find out what treatment suits you
Dark circles can be treated using a number of ways like natural aids, such as almond oil, rose water, lemon juice etc.; cosmetic surgical procedures; use of creams and lotions; use of a dermal filler or laser therapy and so on and so forth. You need to search for the appropriate cure for your problem.
4. Be aware of the side effects
Another important factor that you must consider while trying to get rid of your dark circles is to be aware of the side effects that can be caused by the treatment that you are opting for. Certain creams and lotions can cause itching, swelling or stinging. Light therapy may result in temporary puffiness. You must discuss with a physician your skin type and the possible side effects because that would be a more effective way to address the problem.
5. Ensure a proper lifestyle for yourself
Getting rid of dark circles cannot happen simply by treating the problem from the outside. You must also make sure to eliminate all the self-induced causes of your dark circles. It is important for you to quit excessive smoking, drinking and other personal habits that may be the root cause of your predicament. You must also make certain that you get adequate sleep and learn to manage stress.
Related Tip: Quickie Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
What are dermal fillers + how different it is from botox?
Dermal fillers are an artificial or naturally-derived material used for directly injecting into the skin. These soft tissue fillers are used with the aim to restore your facial appearance to address issues related to facial aging. Depending on the kind of filler that you opt for, the effects can vary from 6 months to 5 years. Nonetheless, they are used for a number of problems associated with facial aging such as:
- for smoothen out and add volume to creases known as laugh lines
- for enhancing thin lips
- for providing shape and fullness to cheeks so as to provide a youthful appearance
- for enhancing the under eye areas to the point that depressions or hollows are no longer visible
- for merging scars from chicken pox or acne with surrounding skin
- for adding volume to your temple or lower cheek area when shifting of fat pads (masses of tightly packed fat cells) underneath your skin surface occurs.
How are these fillers different from botox?
Even though both these procedures involve the use of injections, they are completely different from one another. Botox or botulinum (a purified, natural protein) works by numbing muscles that contract to create facial lines. It is mostly used around the eye and forehead areas for stopping the movement of muscles that cause wrinkles to form. Moreover, it treats active lines, which are visible when you smile, frown or squint.
Dermal fillers, on the other hand, treat wrinkles that are very deep and static, which you can only be seen when the face is in a restful state. Furthermore, it serves to enhance the skin while lightly swapping the collagen (a protein that helps connective tissue in the body to remain strong) that gets lost as you age. When it comes to swelling and bruising, botox reports minimal effects and dermal fillers a certain amount of swelling and bruising that disappear within 7-10 days.
Related Tip: 6 Face Washing Mistakes that are Damaging Your Skin, Every day!
I have an issue regarding that my hair is falling continuously and I used minokem with some tablets refer by dermatologist but when I stopped the medicine the hair fall again started so please tell me the solution.
1. A wig gives a constant feeling of weight and discomfort in hot days.
2. Sweat cannot be cleaned properly and bad hygiene can lead to skin problems.
3. The wig’s fixing methods like weaving, bonding, pinning etc. can exert a pull on
the natural remaining hair, add to further hair loss and can even lead to scarring.
4. Wigs give a same look at all times which looks unnatural and feels artificial. You
have a “fixed hair style” all hours of use.
5. Wigs are highly detectable and become a butt of jokes and teasing by friends,
colleagues and media.
6. A Wig’s cost varies from Rs 2000 to Rs 3,00,000/- depending upon quality
7. These wigs need a regular maintenance every few weeks for the rest of your life.
Attachments may become loose. One might experience a constant state of low-
level “paranoia” and anxiety about it’s public discovery.
8. Long-term financial investment due to regular maintenance may exceed cost of a
hair transplant. The life time maintenance, a few monthly replacements, and
frequent visits to the wig maker becomes quite expensive.
9. You need to change the wig every few months.
10. Wigs are not “made” or sold by qualified surgeons practicing ‘Hair Transplants’.