Morning after pill is an emergency form of contraception. It is a type of birth control which can prevent unwanted pregnancy which is a potential risk after unprotected sexual intercourse. The typical name, “morning after pill”, is on account of the fact that it is usually taken on the morning after you have had unprotected sex the earlier night.
How does it work?
It primarily works by inhibiting or delaying ovulation. It does not cause abortion, but merely stops ovulation temporarily and thus, prevents fertilization of the egg with the sperm. It is required to be taken within 72 hours or 3 days after having unsafe sex for it to work effectively, but the sooner you take it, the better it is.
Risks associated with the Morning after Pill
Although the prospect of using this pill seems very useful and handy, there are risks associated with it as well.
It has temporary side effects such as nausea, headache, dizziness, lower abdominal pain or cramps.
It is not a reliable form of birth control like condoms, copper-Ts or IUDs as you might still get pregnant.
It can lead to bleeding between your periods or heavy menstrual bleeding can be experienced. It can even make your menstrual cycle irregular.
In serious cases, it can even lead to cerebral haemorrhage (bleeding inside the brain) and cerebral thrombosis (formation of clots in the brain).
It does not protect you from any sort of STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) or STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection).
It can even lead to hormonal imbalances if taken on a regular basis as it can interfere with your regular estrogen and progesterone levels.
If taken multiple times, it can even affect your fertility in the future as it can alter the pH levels of your uterus.
- It is an emergency contraceptive and not recommended for routine use.
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary.
Our performance in bed is often affected by a number of reasons and ailments, which are both of physical and psycological in nature contribute to it. Premature ejaculation is a problem that men face due to a variety of reasons. Some may be biological issues like abnormal size and level of hormones as well as faulty neurotransmission, which can give rise to reflexes that cause this condition. Also, the patient may experience premature ejaculation due to psychological factors like stress, anxiety and even relationship problems. The presence of chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease could also lead to the occurrence of this condition. Read on to know about the Ayurvedic ways of dealing with premature ejaculation.
Material and medicine informed is for general use and not to be taken by patients without doctor's advise.
Diagnosis: The first and foremost step in treating premature ejaculation is with the help of the Shukra diagnosis. The seventh and final dhatu of all the seven dhatus, which when nourished well (pusht), leads to sex power, enhanced quality of sperms and if conserved leads to OJA - the elixir of life.
Treatment Basics: The basic method of treatment follows a complex process of detoxification of the Dhatu or substances in the body and Panchkarma therapy that includes removal, liquification, purification, mobilization and evacuation of the Doshas that may have caused an imbalance in the body. Panchakarma can't be carried out in day to day treatment and preferably should be done by admitting in Ayurveda hospital. Panchakarma is for comprehensive treatment. Hence day to day medicines are given which carry miniaturised / mild detoxification effect.
Massages: The most important form of treatment for premature ejaculation under Ayurveda includes the use of massages. The first form of massage that helps in treatment of this condition includes Abhyangam or the application of oil in all areas of the body. This form of oil massage focuses on the individual parts of the body and seeks to open all the pores as organs for a state of better functionality. The next form of oil application or massage includes Swedem, which makes use of a medicated stream that can be allowed to drip onto a focused point on the patient's head or body as to create an impression there. The leaf bundle massage or Elakizhi can also be conducted along with an oil bath known as Pizichil which applies oil through a drip method on the head. This is also known as Shirdhara. Vasthi is also a form of oil massage that can ensure the flow of vata and other doshas, which has stopped. Mini form of massages are given in day to day treatment. Pure classic herbal taila application on penis is also a kind of massage.
Herbs: The use of herbs is an integral part of Ayurvedic treatment. The Ayurvedic herbal medicines that are to be used for dealing with premature ejaculation or for delaying the ejaculation, are known as Stambhaka herbs. One can use Jaiphala paste as well as Ashwagandha powder or churna. One can also take Atirasadi Churna which also improves the sperm count of the patient even as it improves blood circulation for fighting premature ejaculation.
Most of these medicines and methods do not have any side effects and should be taken as per the dose prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor, at the recommended times of the day.
Sir kindly prescribe any medicine which should be taken before having sexual intercourse for longer time and erection. Should b readily available in the market with least side effects.
Hello 2 days back I gone through D & C operation. What are the precautions I need to take care also after how much time I can again have intercourse?
I am in problem. My problem is that I don't want to do masturbate because I THINK it looses my height as well as growth. But if I do not do masturbate manually it happens automatically when I sleep and spread out in my pants. So what should I do? Can I do masturbate twice a week? Or let it happen automatically when I sleep. (Sleep time masturbate this I don't like and also happen thrice in two week)
How to find virgins at 1st nit? My wife vagina is free at 1st nit time So I can not believe her So tel me sir how is it possible.
Hi I had done unprotected sex 5th of dec during the cause give him a i-pill for stop pregnancy. But reason is that's she's feeling much weakness, tiered, suffocate. So kindly tell me please what's the reason and if that's medicine not work properly then will we do for avoid pregnancy. Because we are newly married couple. Thanks.
I have stomach cramps, breast tenderness and I got bleeding during. My late menstrual cycle but bleeding seems like implantation bleeding. Am I pregnant?
I have in lacking in erection for the past two days. When I got up in the morning there was one but none as such later in the day. I tried watching porn and there was some sort of very soft erection once or twice without any feeling of rigidness or something. Am I suffering from erectile dysfunction? Please help.
Hello sir can you please give me a advice I want to massage my penis to make it strong so can you z help which oil should I use nd also the results nd side effects of applying oil on penis is it safe? Without any side effects please rply fast sir im waiting for your rply.
I took ipill. I am get bleed on 7th day. I took the ipill within 24 hrs. I took ipill twice in a week. I had sex om the 2nd and 8th day of my period end. Then took ipill within 24 hrs. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome(AIDS) is caused by a virus called Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV). It should be remembered that it is not necessary that a person having HIV is suffering from AIDS or will inevitably result in it. The illness damages the immune system of the person and makes them more vulnerable to diseases and infections. As the syndrome progresses, opportunistic infections attack the patient, ultimately causing their death.
What are the causes of AIDS?
The virus is spread by person-to-person contact like:
1. Through sexual contact.
2. By sharing the same needle or through blood transfusion.
3. The disease can be spread from mother to the newborn child.
What are the symptoms of AIDS?
1. You may have a high fever or suffer from constant diarrhea which may last for weeks.
2. Red rashes may appear on your skin.
3. You may feel weak and tired all the time.
4. You may have excessive sweating, particularly at night.
5. Your muscles and joints may ache.
6. Your swollen glands don’t heal for weeks.
What are the complications related to AIDS?
During the last stage of infection, there is a high risk of having life-threatening diseases.These include:
1. Infections to the nervous system like meningitis, peripheral neuropathy.
2. Inflammation in the lower end of the esophagus.
3. Cancers like cervical cancer, neck cancer, and lymphomas.
Can AIDS be treated with homeopathy?
Homeopathic treatment can be of a great help for such patients. It can boost up not only physical health but mental health too. It can combat opportunistic infections very effectively by boosting up the immunity of the patient. There are marvellous results with homeopathic medicines tried in Africa (an epidemic zone for AIDS). Many patients of AIDS are still waiting to die after using homeopathy and their quality of life has improved drastically. Homeopathy works by modulating the immunity which is an important factor in AIDS patient. Some of the homeopathy medicine used to treat symptoms of AIDS are:
2. Arsenic iodum
6. Kali carbonicum
7. Calcaria iodum
9. Arsenica Album
These medications can be used in conjuction with ART or antiretroviral therapy along with other treatments and has been shown to be very effective in alleviating some of the commonly encountered symptoms of AIDS related complications. But utmost care must ensured and these medicines should not be taken without consulting a homeopathic doctor.