Doctor in Dr V.K Kakkar Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr V.K Kakkar ClinicYour feedback matters!
Acne is one of the acute skin troubles people face every now and then and thus desperately look for the best solution to cure the same. There are many people who think that medications are the only way out, but this is completely wrong.
This is because most of the acne treating drugs have got stronger antibiotics that are believed to cure acne speedily, but the real fact is that you will get temporary recovery, and your skin texture will get adversely affected by the same. Thus, you are recommended to look for only those solutions that are safe and can replace antibiotics in the most efficient manner.
Top 5 methods for treating acne without using antibiotics
1. Blue light: Acne creating bacteria can be only killed by using this therapy. This therapy is quite improved, and it is not at all invasive in nature and thus your skin quality is not affected at all. Total four sessions are included for getting the ultimate result and these sessions are only conducted under clinical supervision. You can also make a purchase of blue light, especially Tria Skin Clarifying light so that skin acne can be cleared along with the clearance of acne marks. There are few safety precautions that need to be maintained so that skin damages can be easily prevented.
2. Giving up sugar: Sugary foods should be completely curtailed from your regular diet so that acne trouble can be kept in control. Excessive sugary components lead to the creation of excessive skin oil, and this oil is highly responsible for creating acne, and on the other hand, bacterial infection can also occur due to excess oil secretion.
3. Taking Omega-3: Acne are very much irritating as they create inflaming sensations and these sensations can be only be effectively dealt with this particular component. Fish oil gel caps are highly enriched with this component and in this regard Omega Max deserves special mention. This will help in maintaining absolutely flawless and healthy skin.
4. Silk Peel Microdermabrasions: Pink scars can be treated well using silk peel. This kind of peel plays the most useful role in making the skin unclogged from different unwanted wastes causing acne and bacterial infections. In this case, collagen production can be stimulated along with the maintenance of healthy and glowing skin.
5. Glycolic acid lotions and cleansers: Sugarcane is enriched with glycolic acid and this acid is now available in different lotions and cleansers that are useful for skin exfoliation and pore unclogging.
Diabetes is a condition wherein one suffers from high blood sugar levels. Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes which occurs only during pregnancy. It is certainly possible to bear a healthy child, provided certain lifestyle modifications are adhered to. Once the baby is born, the condition usually tends to disappear. However, this does make you prone to Type 2 diabetes (a condition wherein the body is unable to utilize the insulin effectively).
High blood sugar levels during pregnancy can affect the baby. It usually gives rise to complications such as high blood sugar levels in the baby, impaired functioning of the pancreas in order to produce insulin, and excess sugar deposits in the form of fats. The baby might also become predisposed to jaundice and other breathing difficulties.
Pregnancy causes the placenta to produce hormones that impair the functioning of insulin. The pancreas too does not produce the required amount of insulin. Both these factors contribute to the rise of sugar levels in the body.
There are certain factors which may put you at risk of being affected by gestational diabetes –
A family history of diabetes
Past history of the condition
There are measures one can adopt to reduce risks of this disorder. Shed the extra pounds and maintain optimal weight levels. An active lifestyle would ensure proper utilization of the insulin by the body. The main goal of treating gestational diabetes is to get the blood sugar levels back to normal. This can be done by:
Insulin Shots: Insulin shots help normalize and regulate high blood sugar levels. Another advantage is that these shots do not affect the baby.
Diet: A healthy eating plan helps prevent sudden surge in blood sugar. You have to be conscious of the type of foods you eat and be mindful of the portions you eat. Processed foods should be avoided; instead the focus should be on natural foods.
Being Physical Active: Pregnancy does put certain restrictions on your mobility and your ability to perform certain exercises. Hence, an exercise plan should be designed accordingly. In times such as these, cardio vascular exercises, such as brisk walking, swimming or Yoga should be enjoying maximum priority in your list of the doable exercises.
Hypothyroidism is a condition called deficiency of thyroid hormone. The main duty of thyroid hormone is to rmaintain the metabolism of the body. Hence, the person affected by it will experience slow metabolism. Hypo means underactive, which means the lack of thyroid hormones in the body.
Types of Hypothyroidism
This happens when the functioning thyroid gland fail to produce T3 and T4. As a result, pituitary gland releases Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). This helps in producing T3 and T4 hormones. This cause is termed as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Primary Hypothyroidism is the deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate production.
- Secondary Hypothyroidism is deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate stimulation of the thyroid gland through pituitary gland.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
- Deficiency of Iron
- Viral infections or other respiratory disorders
- Certain medicines such as lithium that is used to treat psychiatric
- Radiation therapy for some cancers
- Treating hyperthyroidism with anti-thyroid medicine
- An underactive thyroid gland by birth
- The hypothyroidism during pregnancy.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Weight gain
- Dry, rough pale skin
- Coarse, dry hair
- Hair loss
- Muscle cramps and muscle aches
- Cold intolerance
- Memory loss
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Decreased libido
Homeopathy Treatment for Hypothyroidism
Homeopathy medicines are always known for treating the disease permanently and same way the medicine performs here too. The disease could be treated through different medicines in homeopathy. Choosing or prescribing the right medicine depends on the cause of the disease and its effect.
Here is the list of homeopathy medicines that helps in eradicating the effectiveness of the disease completely.
- Calcarea Carbonica
- Sepia Officinalis
- Lycopodium Clavatum
- Nux Vomica
- Iodum treats hypothyroidism. The person is emaciated
- Thymusinum - treatment of stunted conditions in children
- Bromum treats goiter
- Lapis albus treats hyperthyroidism and goiter
- Natrum muriaticum treats an under active gland
However, these are just the names of the medicines, which should not be taken without prior approval from a homeopathy doctor, as the dosage and frequency of the medicine will be decided by the doctor based on the patient's condition and symptoms.
A million-dollar question for spouse and parents these days is to take a call on whether to induce labor or hold on till the normal labor begins. An induced labor is initiated with Syntocinon. Pregnant women and her families should be aware that initiating induced pregnancy for low-risk pregnancy brings with it a lot of complication that at times is uncalled for.
Here is a list of difference between how natural and induced pregnancy differs in their nature:
- Pregnancy hormone: Oxytocin that initiates contraction in a pregnant woman does so over many hours. In case of natural labor, the body gets around 10 hours of contraction with periodic rests in between. It helps the body get enough time to recover from a contraction before the next contraction begins. However, in case of an induced labor, Pitocin is used to initiate contraction. The biggest disadvantage of this method is the fact that the body gets no downtime. Contractions happen one after another with no breaks in between.
- Contraction pain: Natural contractions build gradually that are mild and short. Over time, the contraction might become more intense and close together. However, in the case of an induced labor, the Syntocinon or Pitocin used through intravenous infusion or IV does not communicate to the brain to release endorphins. As a result, a pregnant woman feels intense pain right from the start of the pregnancy. Doctors often inject pain medication to counter the sudden and intense pain.
- Movement during labor: During a normal labor, women can seek out places and positions in which they feel most comfortable. It is important to move during the contraction so that the baby finds enough room for the birth. In induced labor, it requires constant monitoring by the medical team to ensure that the fetus is not in distress. The mother gets no room to move during this process and the baby gets less room for the birth.
- Fetal ejection: It is a phenomenon that involves the body’s uncontrollable powerful urge to push. High level of oxytocin along with adrenaline is accumulated in the cervix region for the downward and outward movement of the baby. In case of an induced labor, the fetal ejection doesn’t occur. Women undergoing induced labor often requires medical intervention at different stages of the baby’s birth.
- Baby’s brain: During the process of normal labour, the oxytocin protects the brain of the baby from getting damaged due to lower volume of oxygen. This is not the case when it comes to induced labor. The synthetic oxytocin interferes with the ability of the body to produce the hormone. Thus, it exposes the baby to oxygen deprivation.
You must have come across Marigold, a common flower that is bright orange in color as it holds a prominent position during festivals and other occasions. It is commonly known as "Genda" and is used as a “thorana” which means garland. Though it is not an aromatic flower, it is preferred for a garland due to the reason that it can repel insects.
But apart from its usage as an aesthetic element and insect deterrent, did you know it can offer numerous health benefits too?
Marigold comes with a host of benefits that might be simply unbelievable, but the alternate form of medicine Ayurveda has long known about it. Some of the surprising benefits of marigold are as enumerated below.
- Phenomenal antioxidant properties: The marigolds possess excellent antioxidant properties, the reason for it being used as a homemade treatment for the skin. It is used for soothing sunburns, bites, warts, and acne. Moreover, it is helpful in the treatment of wounds, burns, and rashes. It has been found that Marigold has the ability to promote the growth of fresh skin tissues, increases the flow of blood to the area of the skin which has been affected and boosts up the production of collagen making the skin firm which speeds up the process of healing to a significant extent.
- Anti-inflammatory properties and lowers free radical damage: The flowers of marigold contain a number of active chemicals which has been found to reduce the number of cells that are being damaged by the free radicals. At the same time, it also helps in fighting the growth of bacteria at the places where the skin is wounded.
- In addition to this, the marigold flowers have excellent anti-inflammatory properties which help in the easing of the symptoms of bowel disease or colitis. The tea prepared from marigold is extremely beneficial for the treatment of gastritis, ulcers and acid reflux. Also, it helps to reduce cramps in the stomach and menstrual cramps as well.
- Treatment of eye diseases: Marigold plays a vital role in the treatment of many eye diseases. It helps to reduce the inflammation of the eye, treatment of conjunctivitis and a number of other chronic ocular inflammatory conditions. It speeds up the treatment of the infections in the eyes.
- Boosting up of the immune system: The extracts from marigolds are extremely helpful in managing the symptoms of the common cold; flu coughs fevers or sore throats. It greatly enhances the immune system of the body to a significant level.
You can consult an Ayurveda expert to more about it and utilize the benefits it offers effectively.
The field of medicine has evolved to a considerable extent that most health issues can be treated using drugs and minimally invasive procedures. Still, there are circumstances wherein surgical intervention is the best possible course of treatment where the pros outweigh the cons and prove to be highly beneficial to the patients.
One such situation is when a patient is suffering from colorectal disorders such abnormal cracks and tears in the anus to fecal incontinence, congenital disabilities in colon or anus, rectal or colon cancers or rectal or anal prolapse and does not respond to medication. This is when colorectal surgery, once known as proctology, becomes essential. It is a field of medicine that refers to the various surgical procedures that are performed to treat such disorders in the colon, anus, and rectum.
Here are few more compelling reasons why the surgery is the best possible solution in this scenario.
- Availability of various types: Colorectal surgery doesn't refer to one single surgical technique, but a collection of different surgical methods that can offer relief from various colorectal conditions. Some of the common colorectal surgical methods are colectomy, endoscopic surgery, colostomy, rectopexy, IBD surgery and hemorrhoidectomy which can effectively deal with the colorectal issues.
- Complete relief: In case of many colorectal conditions such as fissures, piles, and fistula, medications or lifestyle changes fail to offer a complete relief from the discomfort. They tend to come back again, making surgical removal the only option for complete relief. Similarly, in colon cancer also, it is through colorectal surgery that the disease can be cured.
- Lesser downtime: Depending on the type of colorectal surgery performed, there are different recovery time required. Though for traditional open colorectal surgeries, such as inflammatory bowel disease surgery, the recovery time may be weeks, for laparoscopic colorectal surgeries the downtime is considerably lesser as only ‘keyhole' like cuts are made. A laparoscopic colorectal surgery means lesser hospital stay as well as less pain, less scarring and quicker getting back to normal life.
- Various conditions can be treated: Whatever be the state of the colon, small bowel, anus, and rectum and be it malignant or benign, the problem can be addressed through either laparoscopic and open colorectal surgical techniques as applicable. From anorectal disorders like an abscess, cancer, fissure, fistula, haemorrhoids, polyps, stenosis to rectal, etc. and colon disorders like colorectal cancer, ulcerative colitis, diverticular disease, bowel obstruction, hereditary non-polyposis, etc. can be treated through colorectal surgery. So, as can be noted, because of the numerous benefits it offers, colorectal surgery is the preferred treatment option when it comes to the colorectal disorders especially when medications are not helpful. Your gastrointestinal surgeon would decide on the course of treatment plan depending on your condition and proceed accordingly.
So, as can be noted, because of the numerous benefits it offers, colorectal surgery is the preferred treatment option when it comes to the colorectal disorders especially when medications are not helpful. Your gastroenterologist would decide on the course of treatment plan depending on your condition and proceed accordingly.
The thyroid disease is increasing rapidly in India and this is creating an alarming situation. According to the Indian express over 30% of Indians suffer from thyroid disorders. This makes it a possibility that every third Indian is suffering from this disease. As there are many ways to cure the disease but surgery is an effective way to cure the disease.
What is thyroid?
It is a small gland located below the voice box at the front end of the neck. The function of the thyroid gland is to produce hormones that release through the blood in the body. Thyroid is good for maintaining the metabolism of the body. It also helps in the proper functioning of the organs. The problem occurs when thyroid starts to produce hormones in excess.
Due to this excessive production body faces many changes such as swelling and growth of nodules. For treatment of this disease, thyroid surgery is necessary. In thyroid surgery, the whole or portion of the thyroid gland is removed.
There are multiple reasons why surgery is required to cure thyroid such as
- Presence of nodules on the thyroid gland: The growth of nodules are the reason why surgery should be preferred as some nodules can be gentle but in some cases, these nodules can be very dangerous as nodules can be cancerous. And, these nodules help in the overproduction of the hormones. As these nodules, if not removed can become large enough that they hinder the functioning of the throat. So surgery is a good option as nodule is removed so the cause of the problem is eliminated by it.
- Hyperthyroidism: The second reason is Hyperthyroidism. As it can be cured by the surgery. Hyperthyroidism is caused by the Grave's disease. What it does is that it interrupts the functioning of the body. The body attacks the thyroid glands by the antidotes. Which intensify the production of hormones, which causes overproduction. Therefore, surgery is the most suitable option.
- Swelling and enlargement: As due the excess of hormones. The swelling is caused in the throat this disrupts the functioning of throat and throat gets blocked due to swelling. It effects the speaking, breathing and eating . This swelling and enlargement is called goiter. This goiter can be removed through surgery. As medicine takes a lot of time to heal the swelling.
Moreover apart from things mentioned above surgery is the most suitable way to cure thyroid it takes less time than the medication. The type of the surgery depends on the nature of your thyroid.
When it comes to accidents and other such traumatic incidents, a concise approach is needed to assess and manage the person’s injuries. The immediate response to an accident is known as basic life support and can be performed by anyone, but advanced trauma life support must be performed by a certified medical practitioner. The main objective of trauma life support is to address the greatest threat to life first.
Trauma life support has three stages primary survey, secondary survey and tertiary survey. A primary survey is the first part of proving trauma life support. This should be addressed in a series of steps that follows the mnemonic, ABCDE.
- Assess the airways: If the person is able to talk, his airways are clear. Hence call out to the person and try to get a verbal response. If the patient is unconscious, make him lie down on the floor with the chin tilted back. Open the mouth and check for any obstructions. Fluids such as blood or vomit that is obstructing the airways may be suctioned out. In case the airway is still obstructed, an endotracheal tube may be inserted.
- Breathing and ventilation: Check for chest movement that may indicate breathing. If present, tracheal deviation and subcutaneous emphysema should be identified. An inspection of the chest can help identify penetrating injuries, bruising, tracheal deviations and a flail chest segment.
- Circulation: Look out for hypovolemic shock that may be caused by excessive bleeding. This bleeding can be controlled by applying direct pressure on the wound. Establish two intravenous lines and administer crystalloid solution to the patient. If the person still does not respond, administer type specific blood or O negative blood to the person.
- Disability assessment: A basic neurological assessment can be made by alerting the person, verbal stimuli and its response or unresponsiveness. Towards the end of the primary survey, the Glasgow coma scale can be used to determine the patient’s level of consciousness.
- Exposure control: While the patient’s clothes will need to be completely removed, protect him from hypothermia by covering him with warm blankets. Warm intravenous fluids before administering them and maintain a warm environment.
Once the patient’s vital signs are turning normal, the medical practitioner can start the secondary survey. This involves a head to toe medical examination and understanding of family medical history. X-rays of the injury sites may also be taken. If at any point, the person’s condition begins to deteriorate, a primary survey should be repeated. As soon as possible, the patient must be shifted off the hard spine board and placed on a firm mattress. This is followed by a tertiary survey, which helps identify injuries that may have been missed earlier and other related problems.
Not everyone can conceive a baby easily. The inability to conceive a baby despite having intercourse during the fertile window in a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year is termed as infertility. Infertility does not affect only the physical health of a woman, but also her mental and emotional well-being as well as the couple’s social health.
In some cases, infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, a couple needs to be both physically and mentally strong and healthy. Ayurveda believes that a lack of nutrition in the shukra dhatu or the person’s reproductive tissue is the cause of infertility. This can be triggered by indigestion, anxiety, depression, insomnia and the presence of toxins in the body. Some of the ways ayurveda can be used to treat infertility are as follows:
- Eat cool foods: Spicy food can affect the quality of shukra dhatu and lower the quality and quantity of both sperm and ovum. This is because shukra dhatu requires a cool environment to promote fertility. Hence, eat food that is easy to digest and which has a cooling effect on the body. Men can benefit from foods like asparagus, dates and almonds, while foods like quinoa and pineapples can help a woman conceive easily.
- Shirodhara therapy: Shirodhara involves the movement of liquid over the forehead in a rhythmic manner at specific points. This stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands and aids in the secretion of hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When it comes to women, FSH stimulates the ovarian follicles into releasing an egg without which it would be impossible to conceive a child.
- Fight stress: One of the effects of stress is reduced libido. Prolonged exposure to stress is often a major factor that contributes to infertility. When it comes to women, stress makes a woman ovulate less regularly. In men, stress can affect the sperm production and affect testosterone levels. To fight stress, try deep breathing exercises like alom vilom or keep a little time aside each morning for a walk or light exercise.
- Lodhra: This herb is very beneficial in treating women with infertility. It stimulates FSH and luteinising hormones (LH) and lowers the risk of a miscarriage. It also increases chances of conception. Lodhra should be taken twice a day along with honey and milk.
- Lifestyle changes: Ayurveda is not only about herbal medicines but also following the right lifestyle. Bad habits like smoking, drug usage and alcohol not only affect a person’s overall health but also interfere with fertility. Hence, when trying to conceive a child, quit these bad habits and try following a healthier lifestyle that involves following a routine, eating right and exercising regularly.
Your eyes are one of the most important sense organs, which help in perceiving up to 80 percent of all major impressions. All your important daily activity like reading, internet surfing, driving etc are done with the help of your eyes. You should never take your eyes for granted. There are many ways in which you can take care of your eyes to ensure that you see and experience the world at its very best.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking makes you vulnerable to a majority of health related problems. When it comes to the health of your eyes, smoking can place you at a risk of uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of your eye which includes ciliary body, iris and choroid) and cataracts (clouding of the lens in your eyes leading to a blurry vision).
- Wear sunglasses: Proper sunglasses can protect you from the harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. You should still use sunglasses even if your contact lenses offer UV protection. Too much of UV rays can cause pingeucula (yellow bump on the eyeball) and other serious eye problems. Polarized lenses can help to give your eyes proper protection while driving.
- Screen time: Minimize the amount of time staring at the computer screen as it can cause
- Anti- Glare: Use an anti-glare screen on your computer at work so that the strain and pressure on your eyes are less.
- Regular exercise: Exercise such as walking can prevent degeneration of the macula (present in the center of the retina in your eyes) which typically occurs by the time you reach the age of 60.
- Don't Ignore: You should look at changes in your vision as an early warning sign. The changes would include difficulty to see in low light, hazy and double vision, along with abnormal swelling and severe pain in your eyes.
You should visit your eye doctor for check ups at least once every two years. Eye diseases like diabetic retinopathy have no early warning symptoms and can only be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam. You should also ensure that the prescription for your contact lenses and eye glasses are up to date.