Doctor in Dr. Sapra's Sera Health Center
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sapra's Sera Health CenterYour feedback matters!
Every married couple undergoes relationship troubles, but these troubles should not linger for a long time otherwise you might end up facing dreadful consequences. If you want to save your married life by maintaining a smooth relation with your partner, then you have to look for the best solutions that can resolve marital issues.
How to manage marital relationships?
- Maintaining Trust: Since trust is the base of every relationship, therefore you should make special efforts in maintaining the same. Unresolved issues should be resolved quickly and there should be transparent communication between the married couples. Some of the special qualities that should be maintained in order to maintain trust within a marital relationship in long run are being on time, consistency, being sensitive towards feelings, avoiding lies, sharing feelings, respecting partner's feelings, avoiding jealousy and others.
- Healthy Communication: If the problems remain unresolved, then more and more conflicts will be invited. Have open discussions and clear up your points so that confusions can be eliminated. If you make efforts in understanding the real causes, then only the problems can be resolved. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the partner and understand where the person is coming from. Most conflicts occur because we only see our view points and not that of others.
- Giving time to the relationship: You can maintain your marital relationship in a healthy state only by considering the married life as the prior issue. Keep your marriage above every other social thing and then only relationship can be made secured. Give time for repairing all dubs and defects of your relationship. In this case, you can also take the help of any expert counsellor. Spend some quality time with each other so that the warmth of your relationship can be maintained.
- Tackling monetary problems: Do not allow any conflict to come into your relationship just because of a pathetic financial condition. It is important for both the partners to put-in efforts in saving money so that monthly expenses can be kept under strict control. A perfect budget needs to be scheduled so that financial strength can be restored. If you are incapable of catering financial support, support your partner at least mentally so that he can come out of the financial trouble as soon as possible.
- Maintain a Happy Sexual Life: Create a proper schedule for lovemaking in order to maintain a healthy sex life. You should try to know the sexual needs of your partner so that you can fulfil the expectations. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How to identify you or your loved one might be struggling with Depression?
Most of us have faced the feeling of being weighed down by life's harsh realities and have been sad or low for a long while. It is very common to be upset for some time and most people recover from this feeling and start smiling again in a short span of time. But, if you or any of your loved ones are almost always very sad and this spirit is affecting your daily life considerably, then chances are you might be undergoing a phase of depression.
Here are certain signs to watch out for to determine whether you are struggling with depression.
1. Cultivation of a pessimistic approach about everything in life - You feel a sense of hopelessness and that your situation in life will always be the same without any improvement is a sure shot sign that you are suffering from depression.
2. Sudden variation in weight or appetite - If you suddenly find that you've lost or gained a significant amount of weight without any substantial reason, then chances are high that it is happening because of your depression.
3. A significant change in sleeping patterns - If you've been experiencing insomnia lately or have got a habit of oversleeping, then these might be symptoms of depression.
4. Feeling of guilt without any particular reason - If you have started feeling guilty or constantly blame yourself for everything you've done in the past then the reason behind this may be your state of depression.
5. Anger or irritated mood - Having a low level of tolerance, getting angry quickly or always being in an irritated mood can be a prominent sign of depression.
6. Displaying an uninteresting behaviour towards regular activities - If you no longer feel pleasure in pursuing your favourite activities or things from daily life like hobbies; socialising doesn't interest you anymore then it can be a warning sign for you. In such cases, you can visit a psychiatrist to get treatment for depression. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Drug addiction is a major problem in today's world. The major part of these drug abuse victims are teenagers. There are several reasons may drive your teen kid to hard drugs which include peer pressure, neglect, curiosity or just for the sake of being cool. This could be a major concern for the parents whose children get addicted to drugs but an important thing to keep in mind is that the only person who can help your kid overcome addiction are the parents.
Here are a few measures that can help your kid overcome drug addiction:
- In order to put your kids on the right path, the most important thing is to show them love. You should keep aside your anger, fear and grief and approach them. Tell them why you are scared or angry. Proper love and affection is required to bring your kids back to the normal track.
- Try to find their strengths and weakness. Your child should be complemented for any good thing he or she does. You should observe them properly and try to perceive their current nature and mental state.
- You should try to keep your calm and talk to them instead of scolding, shouting or threatening them. You must also listen to them carefully and try not to react in any way. Talk to them about your concerns and see whether they are cooperating with you.
- Getting your kids involved in some activity, which will let them mix with a different group of peers will be a positive remedy. You have to make them feel good about themselves. Try to find ways so that your kids will get into some positive, productive activity.
- Fixing an appointment with a psychiatrist who deals with drug abuse situations can also help you deal with the issue. You must explain to your kids that there is an obvious reason behind their addiction, and it must be solved for their own good.
- You should also connect with the counselors at schools and colleges. They have seen many cases like your child’s and know about the situation well. You can enroll your kids in a substance abuse program which is connected with his school.
- You must tell your kids that what they are doing is risky and illegal and as parents, you have the right to help them overcome this in order to maintain good health, and that you do not want them to go to prison.
- Find an expert therapist specializing in teen substance abuse and make your kids have weekly appointments with him. A good therapist knows the best ways to guide your kids to the right path.
Drug addiction in kids is a common syndrome these days. If your kid is into hard drugs, you need to do your best to save him and help him overcome the addiction. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Teenagers face a huge amount of pressure, from puberty changes to questions regarding their identity and where they fit in. With this kind of uncertainty and instability, it is generally not easy to distinguish amongst depression and the developing hormonal changes. However, teen depression goes way beyond general teenage moodiness. It is a serious medical issue that affects each part of a teenager's life. Luckily, it is treatable and parents can offer assistance.
Here are a few signs that can help determine whether a teenager has depression:
Genuinely depressed teenagers regularly think, talk about, or make attention gathering attempts at suicide. However, a disturbing and increasing number of teenagers’ suicide attempts do happen in reality. Therefore, self-destructive or suicidal thoughts or behaviors need to be considered important and taken seriously.
- A teenager who stays sad, cranky, void or in an irritable mood and believes that life meaningless and good for nothing, is suffering from depression.
- They may experience a loss of enthusiasm for games or exercises they used to appreciate or a withdrawal from loved ones or an inescapable inconvenience seeing someone.
- They experience changes in appetite, critical weight gain or loss.
- A depressed teenager has a tendency to indulge in increased late-night activities, has too much or too little sleep, faces inconvenience getting up in the morning and is regularly late for school.
- A teenager who is depressed suffers from physical agitation, paces forward and backward and displays over the top or dull behaviors.
- He/she may have a loss of energy, social withdrawal, withdrawal from regular exercises, or fatigue.
- He/she may make basic remarks about themselves, conduct issues at school or at home, or become excessively sensitive to being rejected.
- A teenager who is depressed usually has poor performance in school, a drop in test results, or a poor attendance.
- He/she frequently complains about physical pain (headaches, stomach aches).
- He/she thinks or writes about death, gives away the most loved assets with remarks like "You would be better off without me."
Remember that a lot of these signs and symptoms are similar to the conduct of an ordinary teenager. That is the reason why a specialist or a psychologist should be considered in order to determine whether your child has depression or not. In case you are uncertain if your child is depressed or simply being an adolescent, consider to what extent these signs have been going on, how extreme they are, and how different your child is acting from his or her typical self.
Depression is a natural condition. It is not something to be embarrassed about and it should be dealt with. A mix of medical and psychological behavioral treatments are regularly prescribed for teenagers. Request a referral to a psychological wellness clinician from your doctor or medical attendant, a neighborhood recreational center or healing center, friends, kins, care groups, or clinicians. It is important that the entire family get instruction and support about the disorder as patients suffering from depression need company and support. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!