Doctor in Rama Krishna Orthopaedic & Trauma Centre Orthopedist
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Rama Krishna Orthopaedic & Trauma Centre OrthopedistYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was a bad case of foot pain. The APOLLO HOSPITAL is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. I consulted a number of specialists but the way Dr S S Sanyal treated me was the best. Both S.S Sanyal and staff were very helpful. A friend of mine referred to S.S Sanyal. I was having this foot pain, but the symptoms were not very visible. By chance, I approached S.S Sanyal for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me very patiently. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but Dr S.S Sanyal did it immediately and started the foot pain treatment for it.
Dr. Sanyal was very highly recommended by my family when I was going through extreme backache. He patiently spends time in nailing the cause and then discussing options and possible outcomes. I owe it to him to be able to decive the surgery which other doctors recommend and still be able to go about my life without going under the knife. Dr. Sanyal has also successfully cured my mother when she met with an accident and broke her ribs. I would very highly recommend him for his experience and knowledge along with unending compassion, just what a patient needs!
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The guidance Dr Sanyal gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from knee pain like this. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. It was amazing, apollo hospital was so nicely made. Even after my treatmentwith my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but he has treated me completely. I am so much benefitted with his treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
Dr Sanyal doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. The facilities available in the APOLLO HOSPITAL are very nice. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Due to my lower back pain my daily activities were suffering. I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best
The neck pain treatment for neck pain has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Over the period of time the neck pain treatment has helped me a lot. I was in too much pain because of neck pain, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. The best thing about S.S Sanyal is that he prescribes limited no. of medicines. Never thought I will suffer from something neck pain like this.
He is very experienced and has very steady hands. My wrist bone was completely broken and he operated it to put a plate with about 7 bolts. It has been about 3+ years and I Dont feel the plate is there at all and even the moment is just as normal as it was earlier, everything is jist tue way as he told it would be! I thank him for his services and the way he fixed my wrist & gave post operation therapy!
I was suffering from shoulder pain for which I consulted Dr Sanyal. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it for my shoulder pain. But thanks to Dr Sanyal for the perfect advice. I am back to my normal self post treatment.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my muscle cramps. I am so thankful to Dr Sanyal for giving me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. I am really grateful as his muscle cramps treatment has give me a ray of hope.
I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. During the leg pain treatment, Dr Sanyal supported me a lot. I saw his clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. I was admitted to the APOLLO HOSPITAL in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked.
I am so much benefitted with his joint pain treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. Due to my joint pain my daily activities were suffering. Dr Sanyal has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant.
I went to dr S.S Sanyal with my problem of back pain at his clinic APOLLO HOSPITAL in Delhi .With his treatment I am happy to see the results in my problem and i will surely suggest you to visit here for any kind of any such problems.
The finger pain was increasing day by day. Dr S S Sanyal's advice has helped me immensely. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I thank him for the treatment.
Thanks for successfully treating my son's complete ACL tear in March 2013 and also my wife's heel spur problem earlier.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. S.S Sanyal to be helped me improve my health. Veryhelpful
Dr. S. S. Sanyal is a shining example of a brilliant, courteous and dedicated doctor.
Accurate diagnosis and a pleasant attitude are Dr.Sanyal's trademark.
Dr. S.S Sanyal provides answers that are sensible. Thank you sir
Over masturbation Hello sir I have masturbate last 8 years for 3 times day. Now I have lot of weakness due to over masturbation I have back pain, neck pain, tired all times, not interested any work, enlarged foliate papillae tongue, joints pain. Please sir tell me medicine to recovery from side effects thanks a lot.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
This query is with regard to my wife Age 54 years. She is a patient of hypo-thyroid since her childhood for which she currently consumes 1 Tablet of Eltroxin 100 mg/day. She has issues with her bowel movements which are irregular, despite taking care to include fiber based diet, off and on. She is also allergic to nights and can only be prescribed other pain-killers like Paracetamol. She is a post-menopausal housewife and we do not have any children. For the last few days she has been complaining of severe pain in the forward part of her left heel which is sometimes felt upwards to her knee. This is impeding/obstructing her movements while walking and performing daily morning exercises. She also periodically complains of hot flushes in both her feet below her knees. She takes a Paracetamol tablet whenever the pain in her left-knee (which is an old health issue since 2013) is unbearable, may be 3-4 times a year. She regularly consumes Shelcal 500 mg or Supradyn tablet with breaks of about a month, which gave her relief from her left-knee pain. Kindly advice what could be the cause and remedy for these issues of my wife. Thanks and best regards.
Hello Sir, My Age is 20 year. I am 1st year BHMS Student, my problem is my knee joint often hurts, and when I masturbate After very pain in knee joint.
The human body experiences various types of aches and pains from time to time depending on injuries and other kinds of joint, muscle and nerve pain and various types of these pains include somatic pain, visceral pain, and neuropathic pain.
While somatic pain refers to the pain that comes from injuries caused to muscles, connective tissues and joints; visceral pain happens due to inflammation and excessive stretching of organs. Finally, neuropathic pain is a more long lasting kind, which can be caused by conditions like cancer, HIV or Shingles. The pain can be acute or chronic. Read on to find out more about pain management.
- Somatic Pain: This type of bone pain is usually localised and can increase with movement, becoming sharper with increased motion. Somatic pain can usually be treated with the help of analgesics, which treats the area suffering from pain, especially for pain that takes place due to surgical incisions and other dull aches or sharp pains that are localised. This kind of pain can also be treated with physiotherapy, acupressure and other exercises based on the area of pain.
- Visceral Pain: While this kind of pain can be treated with the help of medication, it also usually improves and fades with time. The medication for this kind of pain usually alters the neurotransmitters of the brain that convey pain signals and trigger pain in the body. This medication also helps in bringing down the inflammation for pain improvement.
- Neuropathic Pain: This kind of pain is usually accompanied by irregular limb movements and discomfort as well as motions like twitching. It is a more permanent kind of pain that lasts long and causes greater discomfort than the above two kinds of pain. Neuropathic pain can be treated with the help of anticonvulsants, which usually help in preventing the nerve pain and irregular movements that can trigger from this kind of pain. It also impacts the serotonin level and other chemicals in the brain for better nerve pain management and act as an anti-depressant as well.
The various kinds of pain discussed above can be treated in different ways, both in medicated and non-medicated ways, however, the method will depend upon whether the pain is acute or chronic.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Knee pain used to afflict the elderly till some years back, but now even those who are as young as 25 could also be seen jostling with it. Sedentary lifestyle and almost no physical activity are the primary reasons why even youngsters are not untouched with it.
There are multiple reasons which can cause knee pain. It might be due to some injury, infection or disease that could lead to discomfiture in your knee and pain. If the pain does not subside in some time, it should be enough to ring an alarm bell to consult an orthopedician, who will tell you in the nick of the time what might be causing the pain and the best treatment procedure to fix it.
Signs and symptoms of knee pain
Human knee is not a stable joint. It is a complex joint having bone, cartilage and ligaments and its movement is aided by muscles and tendons. While disease or light damage in any of the structure can cause knee pain, any serious damage can leave a person impaired for life. So what are the symptoms you must be careful about:
Not being able to place weight on impacted leg
Swelling and redness of the knee or on the calf beneath the affected knee
Can’t bend or straighten the knee
Knee painfully locks or clicks when bending or sitting
Don’t ignore knee pain
Any knee pain should not be taken lightly and medical assistance must be sought. And if the pain has been there for a long time, it needs to be taken seriously and requires medical care. In fact, any pain that persists for more than three days must be brought to the notice of an experienced orthopedician.
Knee diseases that cause knee pain
The most common disease that has become the leading cause of disability in India is arthritis. In this disease, the cartilage, which is the connective tissue that protects the joints, break down. This allows bones to rub together, causing pain and swelling.
It is one the most common form of arthritis, in which there is loss of bone density and deterioration
In its quality.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis
It happens due to inflammation of joints and surrounding tissues. Pathological infections, genetic predisposition and hormonal imbalance trigger it.
Knee arthritis in its severe form hampers a person’s normal day-to-day activity, crippling all movement, even simple ones like walking or even standing. It not only restricts a person’s movement but could also lead to problems like avascular necrosis (AVN) wherein blood supply to bones get disrupted.
Knee surgery is not for everyone as it’s still a major procedure and isn’t something that has to be done unless your pain can't be controlled with simpler measures.
But it may really be time for you to consider knee replacement if the pain, swelling, and knee stiffness is so much that it curtails most of your daily activities or if you suffer pain even at night or when you are resting. A knee deformity also signals that it’s time to make the move towards knee replacement surgery.
During knee replacement, the surgeon removes damaged bone and cartilage from thighbone, shinbone and kneecap.
Cartilage is soft, gel-like padding between the thighbone (upper portion of knee joint towards thigh) and shinbone (lower portion of knee joint towards the feet) that protects the knee joints and allows for movement.
After the removal of diseased portions, artificial joint made of metal alloys, high-grade plastics and polymers are inserted.
With technological advancements, knee replacement surgery has become very safe and stays now for longer durations. With proper care after surgery, patients can resume most of their daily activities and functionalities like walking, sitting, bending and climbing stairs.
My wife 29 weeks pregnant she feel burn on neck What is its reasons and treatment related medicines.
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hi. weakness in my lags and arms. Sometime pain in lags and arms and feel feverish and pain/weakness between both my eyes just the upper part of my nose no cough no cold and no fever. Sometimes it show little fvr 98.6. Cbc kft spine chest xray, lungs ct, esr urine, widal sugar bp r normal vitamin d 29.2. Good appetite sleep. Stomach have n sometimes pain please need help.
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.