Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Dr. S. PrakashYour feedback matters!
In India, especially the urban centers, obesity or even being overweight is becoming a new epidemic. The increases in consumption of fast foods, sedentary lifestyles and stress have increased the incidence of this problem. This has in turn, led to an exponential increase in the cases of diabetes, heart diseases and blood pressure among a host of other problems.
The Ayurvedic approach
Ayurveda is a discipline, which has been practiced over many millennia and contains the collective wisdom to effectively treat problems of obesity or being overweight without side effects. According to Ayurveda, the body is made up of 7 elements or Dhatus:
- Rasa (Lymph)
- Rakta (Blood)
- Maans (Muscle)
- Meda (Fat)
- Asthi (Bones)
- Majja (Nervous system)
- Shukra (Reproductive System)
However, if you are overweight then it means that due to an imbalance of the ‘Kapha’ dosha, you are accumulating more ‘meda’ or fat. Ayurveda has some very effective actions to prescribe through which you can lose weight very effectively. Some of these tips are mentioned below.
- Drink a mixture of lemon, honey and water first thing in the morning: Drinking a mix of lemon, honey and water helps to jump start your metabolism and boost your digestive system. Drinking this regularly over a period of a few months and would help reduce your weight very quickly.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day: This is a very important step as meditation helps relax your mind, muscles and nerves and reduces stress. This enables you to take better decisions throughout the day. It also controls your appetite thus stopping you form binge eating. Meditation and relaxation have also been shown to contribute to weight loss by keeping the metabolism regulated.
- Do at least 30 minutes of exercise: It is important that you do at least 30 minutes of exercise daily as it would regulate your metabolism and help you to keep burning fat throughout the day. Incorporating light yoga along with a brisk walk is possibly the best way to safely and easily lose weight. Some of the easiest poses to lose weight would be
- Dhanurasana or Bow pose
- Setubandhasana or Bridge pose
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
- Vakrasana or Half spinal Twist pose among many others
- Consider your diet according to season: According to Ayurveda, you should be careful about what you eat during the various seasons as this will ensure maximum nutrient absorption without the deposition of fat.
- Eat three meals a day, not more: According to Ayurveda, you should have three meals a day without any snacks in between. Have a heavy breakfast as that tends to set the tone for the day, followed by a comparatively light lunch and an even lighter dinner. This is because your digestive system functions most effectively in the morning, fairly fast at noon, but it is the most sluggish at night.
- Go to bed early and rise early: This is often propagated as disturbances in the Circadian rhythm or the natural sleep and waking cycles are a big contributor to weight gain. Once this is properly regulated, it could result in weight loss because of your body metabolism being properly regulated.
Pregnancy loss could be devastating. Not only does it affect a woman mentally, but it also often takes a huge toll on her confidence. Post miscarriage trauma is a common phenomenon in this case. The range of emotion a woman might go through include denial, guilt, anger, depression, envy and yearning. Although the process of grieving takes a lot of time, the first step towards post miscarriage trauma is to accept the inevitable and move on.
Here is a list of tips that will greatly help a woman to cope up with the loss:
- Take time: While listening to friends and family seems to be the best course of action around this time, your loved ones need not get priorities at this time. If you believe that clearing your baby’s belongings is causing pain to you, take the time to prepare yourself. Clear away the stuff only when you are emotionally ready to do so.
- Create memories: While a lot of people suggest to completely get rid of all the memories that are attached to the baby, it may not be a great thing to do. Studies have shown that creating a memory about your loss helps to heal faster. So go ahead and take a picture with your baby, plant a tree, take a footprint or christen the baby. Good memories attached to your baby will not haunt you about the loss.
- Take care: Do not neglect your personal health and well-being. Eat well, take enough rest, quit smoking and drinking and seek pleasure in your loved one's company. The more you embrace life, better are your chances to get back to the grooves. Following an old hobby or working out one hour per day goes a long way in the process of healing.
- Get your partner’s help: Being open about your emotions is a good thing to do. Express your feelings about the baby to your partner. The process of coping up can be entirely different from each other. What matters is to let each other’s feelings known. Your partner’s broad shoulder is your best bet to come out of your loss.
- Set the expectations right: Women often get cranky and irritated after a miscarriage. Speak to your loved ones and let them know about your feelings. This will help you to get your loved ones support you and let you heal quickly from your loss.
- Support group: It is very comforting to share your feelings with people who have already experienced the kind of loss you have faced. Sharing in person can reduce your pain a great deal. A spiritual healer or a professional psychiatrist can also play a crucial role in your recovery.
Human beings are designed to relish contact and interaction with one another. After all, it is what makes us different from quite a few members of the animal kingdom. Having said that, sometimes, separation between people is a fact of life and it does have an impact on the lives of the people who get separated.
One of the interesting things about separation is when it occurs between couples is not only a feeling of sadness, but also a feeling of insecurity. It is to be kept in mind that the entire process of adjusting is not only one that is to be gone through by the couple, but also by their children. While it can prompt children to become independent and not overly reliant on their parents’ love, separation can also lead to a deficit or inadequate love being provided to them in the years that they are in the greatest need of it. This is quite an unfortunate aspect of separation.
There are a range of feelings which a person is likely to feel when separation occurs and there is a lot to be done by the way of working through these emotions. The mix can include resentment, disappointment, as well as a longing for the partner, even for quite some time after the divorce has taken place. In a number of cases, the most tormenting phase of separation is the time leading up to separation and the few days following it. Facing legal challenges, letting friends and family know about their decision and undergoing the entire role change leaves the couple as well as their children fatigued.
It may be ironic, but the fact of the matter remains that a person is not always rational after a divorce. Whimsically, it can be said that a separation of a marital bond does often affect the person’s ability of separation of rationality from irrationality!
While life as a single mother is quite tough, it is intriguing that women are the ones who initiate divorce twice as often as men do! After a divorce takes place, women are the custodians of the children they had in 90% of the cases; so it is true that women do have a high level of concern for their children. Often people in a separation emotionally act the same way children do when separated from their parents.
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
The disease is contagious in nature, so it is advised to stay away from people who have shingles. Remember that if you are not immune to chickenpox, then coming in contact with a person who has shingles, might result in you developing chickenpox.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin.
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing. Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
1. Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
2. Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
3. Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
Sildenafil (Viagra), whose function is to inhibit a substance called Phosphodiestarase-5 or PDE5 - was initially used only for the treatment of angina pectoris (a cardiovascular problem) and pulmonary hypertension. Incidentally, it was discovered that it could help the issue of erectile dysfunction too, and thus became hugely popular in the late 1990s. The little blue pill, as it was called, ruled more than 50% of the sexual dysfunction market for more than 15 years. However, as its popularity and usage increased, so did the scientific information about this drug, and now there is an increased speculation that it could be contributing to skin cancer, specifically melanoma. This is considered as one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer and so the safety of Viagra sildenafil came into question.
Research has shown that users of Viagra sildenafil are at a higher risk for developing melanoma. There are reports stating that about 45 million men are at an increased risk of developing melanoma due to associated Viagra sildenafil use. The risk of developing melanoma was found to increase in men using ED drugs by 21%. Though there is no conclusive proof as yet that sildenafil is the cause, research is increasingly pointing out its role in melanoma. For example, PDE5 inhibitors (sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) are known to promote melanin synthesis, which may exacerbate melanoma development.
The analysis of biochemical pathways of this correlation suggests that Viagra sildenafil triggers a special biochemical action involving the growth-stimulating cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate (an intracellular signaling molecule) which in turn promotes the growth of malignant melanoma. In normal cases, the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) regulates the cGMP preventing any adverse cellular activity. Sildenafil inhibits the production of this enzyme, and potentiates a specific cGMP-related biochemical mechanism (called cGMP-cGKI pathway) , and thereby contributes to malignant melanoma. This has been proven to happen in mice and is yet to be proven in humans.
However, there are also reports which suggest that this does not happen due to Viagra sildenafil per se, but due to greater exposure to sun, which even otherwise increases the chances of skin cancer in general, and melanoma in particular. The countering theories also say that the population in which skin cancer was detected, comprised mostly of high income individuals who spent a significant amount of time holidaying on beaches and are not connected to the extensive use of Viagra per se.
Therefore, though there is a correlation that has been established, there is no definite proof that Viagra sildenafil causes skin cancer. It is however, advisable to use ED drugs after medical consultation. If a patient has a genetic predisposition to develop melanoma, it is advisable to seek medical advice before the use of ED drugs. Occasional use should not be harmful. Also, when going out in the sun, limiting exposure to direct sun and UV protection should be managed too.
Asthma is a common disease, characterized by the inflammation of the airways. These airways are responsible for the passage of air and therefore their inflammation causes shortness of breath and extreme discomfort. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways to deal with this problem, Ayurveda with its emphasis on natural remedies has emerged as a clear favorite. According to Ayurveda, it is the stomach that is the source of all chronic diseases. The science believes that as impurities accumulate in our system, diseases like asthma come to the fore.
The different ways by which Ayurveda treats asthma are:
- Maintaining a proper diet: Since stomach is identified as the source of most diseases, any attempt to treat them should begin from the stomach itself. Ayurveda believes that those foods, which are easy to digest, inevitably helps in relieving you from the bouts of asthma. The concept that operates behind this is that easily digestible food provides nutrients, which are further absorbed by the tissues. This helps in rebuilding the strong strength as well as keeps the stomach in a sound condition.
- Herbal oil massage: A daily massage with herbal oil has always proved to have an extremely soothing and a calming effect on your system. Ideally the massage should be performed before taking a bath as it increases the blood circulation and pacify the nervous system.
- Exercise: Ayurveda is perhaps the only branch of medicine that gives equal priority to medications as well as exercises. It is believed that stretching and those exercises that facilitate flexibility can markedly reduce bouts of asthma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Depending on various factors like time, quantity, age, sex, purpose, physical condition and health issues of the drinker, alcohol consumption can be harmless or can turn poisonous. While moderate and wise consumption can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, be good for circulatory system and may also prevent type2 diabetes and gallstones, heavy drinking and alcohol abuse may increase the risk of high blood pressure, liver disease (cirrhosis), pancreatitis, heart muscle damage (leading to heart failure) and even certain cancers.
To be a responsible drinker, the most vital point to be aware of is the right and the healthy time to have a drink, besides knowing how to control and prevent heavy drinking.
Times when cons outweigh the pros
Consuming alcohol during pregnancy, after being diagnosed with liver or pancreatic diseases, while taking medications or over-the-counter medications that can interact with alcohol, despite having a history of a haemorrhagic stroke are some of the times and situations when it should be avoided at any cost.
The right times:
Full stomach: If you wish to grab a drink, it is sensible and proper to have it after a full and hearty meal. The richer the pre-meal is with proteins, healthy fat, starch and other macronutrients, the more it will help slow down the rate at which alcohol gets absorbed into the bloodstream, thereby reducing the severity of nausea, dizziness, headaches and other alcohol-induced sicknesses. Eggs, fibre-rich cereals, nuts and salmons – source of vitamin B components, protein-rich chicken are some of the pre-game food items and delicacies that can greatly trim alcohol effects and hangover heaviness at the same time. Refined carbohydrates like chips and cookies don't slow down or prevent the effects of alcohol due to the fact that they can be digested comparatively quickly. Medical help regarding pre-alcohol meal should be sought in case of any health issues.
Hydrated body: Alcohol decreases the number of anti-diuretic hormones produced by our body, which helps us to stay hydrated. As a result, our body loses precious fluids fast and gets dehydrated at a faster pace. On top of that, increased urination and vomiting (if occurs) brought about by drinking further causes dehydration. Some of the signs of dehydration can be a dry and sticky mouth, decreased urination and headache. So it is really important to swallow a glass or two of water before so that you can start drinking with your body already hydrated with necessary fluid. In this context, it is also necessary to keep your body hydrated throughout. Maintaining a healthy alcoholic to non-alcoholic beverages ratio during the consumption process is always the best idea.
Sufficient sleep: Alcoholic drinks can interfere with our sleep. It disrupts the Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep and accelerates our metabolism. Hence our body becomes more alert than general and sleeping becomes difficult. It is advisable to avoid alcohol, if you had slept poorly the previous night and looking forward to a good night’s sleep.
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.
Tendinitis is a discomfort of the tendon. It results in pain outside the joint. There are many tendons in the body, but this condition is mainly witnessed in wrists, heels, shoulders and elbows. Some frequently used names for different kinds of tendinitis includes pitcher’s shoulder, tennis elbow, jumper’s knee, golfer’s elbow and swimmer’s shoulder.
Symptoms of tendinitis:
Symptoms of tendinitis are witnessed at the point of contact between bone and the muscle. Some of the visible signs of tendinitis are tenderness, swelling and a dull ache while moving the affected joint. Even constant pain can be felt in some cases.
What are the causes of tendinitis?
Tendinitis is frequently observed among sportsmen and athletes. If a job involves repetitive motion of a particular joint, the stress on the tendons can result in tendinitis. It is therefore very important for sportsmen to use the right technique in order to refrain from tendon related problems. Sudden accidents can also result in an injury to the tendon.
Risk factor of tendinitis:
Risk factors for this condition include job, occupation, and sports. As a person gets older, tendons tend to lose their flexibility which can lead to an injury of the tendon. If the job of a person involves frequent reaching of the overhead, vibration, repetitive motion and forceful exertion, he might face an injury to the tendon resulting in tendinitis. Last but not the least, tendinitis is very common among players who are involved in sports such as basketball, tennis, golf, baseball, running , cricket and bowling.
What are the complications involved?
Tendinitis can aggravate to tendon rupture of proper treatment is not done on time. Tendon rupture needs a surgical procedure to fix. If tendon pain lasts for few weeks at stretch, there is a good chance that the condition has turned into tendinitis.
Diagnosis of tendinitis can be done with the physical exam itself. A doctor might want to look at an X-ray scan to negate other condition that might be causing the pain.
Treatment includes the prescription of pain relievers, such as ibuprofen and aspirin. Tropical creams can also be prescribed to relieve the pain. Doctors often suggest corticosteroids be injected along the tendon in order to relieve tendinitis. If the condition is not very serious, a doctor might suggest specific exercise such as eccentric strengthening to fix the condition.
If the condition is severe, the doctor might want to go for a surgical procedure to fix tendinitis. Especially in conditions where there is a tear in the tendon and the bone. Another invasive technique to treat tendinitis is the focused aspiration of scar tissue. This procedure is performed under anesthesia thereby causing less pain to the patient.
Infertility is a condition wherein a woman does not get pregnant in spite of having unprotected sexual intercourse over a period of a year or even more. An abnormal menstrual cycle that is either too short or too long, irregular or even scanty can be an indication of a lack of ovulation, which in turn, is another factor behind female infertility.
Ovulation disorders are characterized by either a lack of ovulation or irregular and infrequent ovulation. These are a major cause of infertility. This may be due to defects in the regulation of the reproductive hormones by the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus (brain center responsible for producing some of the most essential hormones required by the body). Malfunctioning of the ovary is another cause in itself. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, premature failure of the ovaries (a condition wherein a woman’s ovaries fail to function properly even before she is 40 years old), hypothalamic dysfunction (a dysfunction of the hypothalamus) and excessive production of prolactin (a hormone that stimulates milk production among women after childbirth) by the pituitary gland are some of the factors responsible for the occurrence of such a disorder.
Damaged fallopian tubes do not allow the sperms to fuse properly with the egg. They might also prevent the fertilized egg from entering into the uterus. This condition may be caused due to pelvic inflammatory diseases (a group of infections of the reproductive organs in women), an infection in the fallopian tubes or the uterus caused due to various Sexually Transmitted Diseases, any abdominal surgery or surgery of the pelvic region and pelvic tuberculosis.
Endometriosis, wherein the tissue that usually grows in the uterus, starts growing outside it, is another factor responsible for infertility.
Several cervical or uterine disorders, such as tumors, inflammation within the uterus, uterine abnormalities, a cervical narrowing or the inability of the cervix to produce mucous for the sperm to travel to the uterus, are likely to impact fertility by obstructing implantation or enhancing the chances of miscarriage.
Reproductive assistance by Intrauterine insemination (a process that involves putting sperms inside a woman’s uterus in order to help her conceive) and Assisted reproductive technology consisting of IVF, which is the safest and the best.
Fertility drugs can be used to regulate and induce ovulation. But they carry with them certain risks and therefore you should consult your physician prior to consumption. Few examples of these drugs are Clomiphene Citrate, Gonadotropins, Metformin, Letrozole and Bromocriptine.
Surgical procedures can be recommended to correct reproductive abnormalities and restore fertility. A laparoscopic surgery or a tubal ligation reversal surgery (a surgery that unites one’s fallopian tubes again in order to enable the woman to have a baby) can be advised by the doctor.
I am 26 years old and female. I have periods problem. From the date after the next month came I never had the cycle on the due time. Its start after 15 days from the date of previous months and the cycle stay for only 2 to 3 days.
It can be very uncomfortable when you experience tongue problems.
For clues about problems in your mouth, stick out your tongue and look in the mirror.
A healthy tongue should be pink and covered with small nodules (papillae).
Any deviation from your tongue’s normal appearance, or any pain, may be cause for concern.
Most conditions are not serious, though some tongue problems can be a sign of oral cancer or other more serious problems.
Tongue movement problems are most often caused by nerve damage.
Rarely, problems moving the tongue may also be caused by a disorder where the band of tissue that attaches the tongue to the floor of the mouth is too short. This is called ankyloglossia.
Tests never show the reason behind the diseases it only shows the disease like increase in uric acid, increase in hemoglobin likewise. We should try to know the reasons behind the diseases not why these increased or decreased.
The types of tongue and the problems related to them will be shown in the video briefly.
- Tongue (Human Sense Organ)
- Normal Tongue
- White patched Tongue
- Rough Tongue
- Flabby Tongue
- Furrowed Tongue
- Cut Chapped Tongue
- Swollen Darkened Tongue
- Centrally Cut Tongue
- Dark Black Spotted Tongue
- White Coated Chapped Tongue
- Lime White Paste Tongue
Dr. R K Aggarwal is trying to opportune people by self examine themselves through Hatya Yoga (Ancient physical and mental strength building exercise).
Our aim is to let people self examine problems within their body and opportune them to cure themselves.
It includes vitamins, trace enzymes, amino acids, and minerals like calcium, iron, sodium chlorine, magnesium, phosphate, and potassium. Doctors advise taking Honey.
Some benefits of Honey
Because of its bend toward the acidic PH level (3.2 to 4.5), it helps reduce bacteria growth and the antioxidant properties help it wipe out some free radicals.
Because of its high carbohydrate load, honey is a wonderful source of unprocessed sugar energy.
Honey also helps the brain absorb calcium, which helps with memory as well.
The World Health Organization (WHO) gives credence to honey as a demulcent, which helps alleviate a cough due to the honey acting as a protective film over the throat.
When I masturbate sperm comes out fast. Within 2-3 mins. Is it any problem when I will done sex. I am 24 now. How to enlarge sex time. What should I do for better sex time and control my sperm I am 24 now. And unmarried. Also virgin.
One of the most common infections, particularly among children, is strep throat, and due to its contagious nature, it is important to recognize the symptoms quickly, and also know home remedies for the infection, including the use of salt water, garlic, cayenne, apple cider vinegar, licorice root, honey, peppermint, and fenugreek tea, among others.
Caused by the group of streptococcus bacteria, strep throat is a fairly common infection that attacks the back of the throat, including the tonsils, and is spread through respiratory droplets – such as saliva and sneezing – which can be picked up from any surface and spread by touching the eyes, mouth or nose. The ease with which this infection can be spread makes it particularly common in schools and among children, who have yet to develop proper hygiene protocols. While there are certain possible complications, such as rheumatoid fever, this infection can usually be taken care of rapidly, without any permanent damage. Following exposure to the streptococcus bacteria, the infection usually manifests in less than three days, and can last for a week or more, particularly in severe cases.
Some of the most common symptoms of strep throat include fever, enlarged lymph node in the neck, difficult or painful swallowing, red tonsils and a constantly sore throat, as well as headaches and nausea in some cases. While many people simply think a “sore throat” is an oncoming illness, cold or a symptom of a flu, strep throat of some kind is responsible for up to 40% of “sore throats” in children. For this reason, if your child (or you) is displaying these symptoms and complaining of a worse than normal sore throat, there is a very good chance they have contracted the infection and medical attention should be sought out. In the past, parents have commonly turned to antibiotics to quickly eliminate the infection, but repeated visits to the doctor for this condition, combined with antibiotic resistance over time, has caused some people to turn to home remedies, which can be highly effective. Furthermore, since there is a very small chance of this infection increasing in severity or endangering your life, natural remedies are a wise choice.
Home remedies for strep throat:
Garlic: As with so many other ailments, one of the most effective and fast-acting home remedies for strep throat is a clove of garlic. While this hardly sounds appetizing, if you are suffering with this infection, you can cut a garlic clove in half and suck on it, occasionally swallowing and allowing your saliva to carry the garlic’s natural compounds down into the throat. Garlic contains allicin as its active ingredient, which has powerful antibacterial properties and can also reduce inflammation, thus helping soothe the painful burning in your throat and attacking the underlying infection.
Salt water: Few remedies are as simple or successful as a salt water gargle when it comes to naturally treating a strep throat. The taste is anything but pleasant, but it can quickly suck the water from the inflamed tissues and cells in your throat, easing the pressure and making it easier to swallow. Salt is also very effective at breaking up mucus, so any associated congestion from the infection in your sinuses can be cleared out as well, speeding the healing process.
Chamomile tea: Not only is chamomile a soothing and delicious beverage, but it also has certain antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties, which can help it eliminate strep throat very quickly. Chamomile tea is known to boost the immune system to fend off the underlying infection, while the astringent properties can help relieve the raw, narrow feeling in your throat that makes swallowing so painful.
Honey: As a natural healing agent, honey is packed with important minerals, antioxidants and organic compounds that can boost overall health. However, there is a very good reason why people put honey in their tea so often; it naturally coats the throat and relieves inflammation and pain, being an analgesic. This can reduce the irritation in the throat and also stimulate the healing process by neutralizing dangerous bacteria.
Lemon and water: Many of the best remedies for strep throat include gargling, and mixing lemon and water is also highly effective. Gargling this mixture can soothe the throat and also deliver citric acid and antibacterial effects to the inflamed areas, helping you to get relief and ward off the bacteria.
Ginger: Ginger is a powerful antioxidant compound with an active ingredient called gingerol, which has immune-boosting properties and can easily defend against the bacteria that causes strep throat. Let ginger soak in water overnight and then gargle each morning; it will not only clear your sinuses, but also help eliminate the bacterial infection more quickly.
Cayenne: It may seem counterintuitive to put cayenne pepper in your throat, given how spicy it can be, but in reality, capsaicin (the active ingredient in most peppers) is an excellent analgesic and anti-inflammatory substance. Mix some cayenne pepper with water and gargle for 10-20 seconds and feel the irritation of strep throat disappear!
Steam inhalation: As with many respiratory problems, inhaling steam deep into your lungs can help to loosen congestion and works as an expectorant. Since excess coughing and congestion can wear on the throat, further irritating the inflamed tissues, getting this congestion out is crucial, particularly because the bacteria often seeks out mucus to multiply and thrive.
Apple cider vinegar: There is an extremely high level of acidity in apple cider vinegar, which means that it can effectively eliminate bacteria, and it has long been known as an immune system booster. Mixing a bit of apple cider vinegar into lukewarm water and gargling with it 1-2 times per day can speed the recovery process of strep throat.
Peppermint: One of the key ingredients in peppermint that delivers so many of its health benefits if menthol, which is well known to cut through mucus and soothe the throat, reducing the urge to cough, which would further irritate the inflamed tissues. Peppermint oil mixed with water can be an excellent way to reduce inflammation and speed healing.
Turmeric: With its legendary active ingredient curcumin, turmeric remains a popular remedy for almost every affliction you can think of. The incredible antioxidant potential of turmeric is an instant boost for the immune system and can quickly knock out the infection causing strep throat, while also reducing inflammation in the throat and easing pain, as a result of its analgesic properties.
Licorice root: A very effective tea for curing strep throat can be made with licorice root, as it functions as a cough suppressant. The irritation of strep throat can cause excessive coughing, which then makes the throat more inflamed, forming a vicious cycle. A cup of this tea, however, and the urge to cough will disappear.
Final word of warning: While strep throat is often considered “harmless”, remember that it is highly contagious for 2-3 weeks without the use of antibiotics, and special care should be taken when sending a child back to school. Severe pain or long-lasting symptoms should definitely be presented to a doctor, and antibiotics should be considered, particularly if this is the first time strep throat has been contracted.