Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be inspiring, practical, professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. Nice very good article
Dr. Shriyans Jain provides answers that are knowledgeable. B
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be knowledgeable. Inspiring.. And helpfull
Dr. Shriyans Jain provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks so much
better than all doctor
Although having sex is important, maintenance of a few proper sexual hygiene standards is of equal importance. A low standard of sexual hygiene can cause infections which can lead to serious diseases. Some tips for hygiene during sex are suggested below:
- Take a Bath: Of course, no one would feel like getting intimate if you smell bad or you are completely wet with your sweat. So it’s suggested that you take a shower and feel fresh before you get going for a sexual quickie. With this feeling of freshness, you would feel more aroused and can perform the sexual act with better energy.
- Clean Up: Couples always want to enjoy oral sex as a foreplay act or during the sexual stint but if you have not washed your sexual organs properly, your partner could get put off and reluctant to give you the oral pleasure. Also, you must wash off your sexual organs properly before and after having sex for your own personal health.
- Get Rid of Brittle Hair: While enjoying sexual acts, one tends to touch their partner all over their body and if they are too hairy on certain parts, it may put your partner off. So make sure you have shaved off brittle hair or at least trim them neatly, so that your mate can enjoy to the fullest and give you maximum pleasure. Also, the body hair can make you look unkempt and can even come in way of your sexual pleasure and make it uneasy for you and your partner to enjoy.
- Keep Your Hands Clean: You would often feel tempted to love your partner anywhere and at any point of time. But you must ensure that your hands and especially your nails are not dirty, as it may irritate your partner. The dirt tends to carry various germs, dust etc, which your partner would not appreciate when you touch them. So it’s not a great thing to start foreplay right after eating something or when you have come from outside. Always wash your hands, so that your partner feels nice when you softly touch them on cheeks, lips and other parts of the body.
- Breath Fresh Air: If your mouth is stinking due to something that you ate before having sex, it can create a state of discomfort for the other partner while kissing. So always brush you teeth after a meal and before you get into the bed. You can also get rid of this smell either by chewing a mint gum or by taking some mouth freshener that makes you breath fresh and pleasant.
So next time when you seek some romantic moments with your partner, make sure you have gone through all of these hygiene tips, thus leaving no chance to irk your partner in the bed. Moreover, it’s always good fun to love someone who is clean and careful about their own hygiene. So enjoy sex sans any discomfort! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Food items that we eat have various effects on our body, even on our intimate life. Some foods may cause harmful effect in sexual life and some may help you to overcome the problem.
There are few foods that help you to treat erectile dysfunction.
Oyster: Oyster is rich in vitamin B6 and zinc. These substances are responsible for the increased production of testosterone hormone thus, oyster is a very useful food item to solve your sexual dysfunction den helps to overcome erectile dysfunction.
Chillies: Chillies are the most natural food substances that are responsible for causing dilatation of the blood vessels and to increase the flow of blood. It is very clearly evident that chilli has this effect as our face gets flushed with the intake of chillies. Chillies help directly to solve erectile dysfunction by increasing the blood flow to the penile blood vessels.
Coffee: Caffeine present in the coffee helps to boost your body’s metabolism thereby, increases the blood circulation of our body. Regular intake of a cup of coffee helps to treat the erectile dysfunction.
Pork: Pork is rich in vitamin B1 and it helps in treating erectile dysfunction by improving the strength of nervous system. Other sources of vitamin B1 are beans, whole meat and bread. It also helps in improving your nervous functioning thereby, treats the erectile dysfunction of nervous origin.
Salmon: It is well known fact that salmon fish are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid and this helps to prevent the blood clots in the blood vessels. Intake of fish rich in these fatty acids will help your arteries to stay healthy and ensures proper blood flow throughout your body thus, helps to treat erectile dysfunction. Fishes like Trout, mackerel, fresh tuna and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid.
Garlic: Garlic and onion are good in treating erectile dysfunction by thinning the blood and thereby, helps to improve the circulation throughout the body.
Banana: Bananas are rich in potassium. This has positive effect in maintaining the level of sodium in your blood, thus regulate the blood pressure in normal level. Oranges are also helpful to treat erectile dysfunction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
The physiological process of intercourse involves four stages excitement, plateau, orgasm and climax or resolution stage. Excitement is the first stage which, occurs with the physical or psychological stimuli to involve in sex. Plateau is the next stage which involves much of foreplay in which the partner involved is in physical arousal. Third stage is orgasm which involves the mating of the partners and actual act of sex and ends with the ejaculation of the semen. The last stage climax is the resting stage which most often delays for females and men achieve after the ejaculation of the semen. For those male with premature ejaculation the semen ejaculates too early with the initiation of the orgasm. They lack the control over the ejaculation of the semen.
Who is at risk?
Premature ejaculation is most common for those encountering psychological issues. Anxiety (performance anxiety) is the most common cause of premature ejaculation. Relationship issues, unresolved conflict and having sex for a limited number of times may also cause premature ejaculation.
Can it be treated?
Self-treatment: Males usually try self-treatment options like withdrawing themselves from their partner before the sense of ejaculation, slow thrusting or penetration force and purposeful masturbation before sex. Some may also try the use of extra condoms.
Sex therapy: Sex therapy involves doing exercise to improve the strength of the perineal muscle and increase the control over the ejaculation. This therapy involves Kegel’s exercise, stop – start technique this helps to desensitize the response of the men towards sex. This may also include squeeze technique, which involves squeezing at the tip of the penis near the shaft to hold the ejaculation manually by causing obstruction externally.
Psychoanalysis: Psychology states that men ejaculate too early because of the anxiety and over excitement. Many psychologist states that premature ejaculation can be treated with psychoanalysis, but this is much effective in all cases.
Medication: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are commonly used to increase the serotonin level that helps to delay the ejaculation. Antidepressant drugs or topical application of anesthetics like lidocaine are also used to treat premature ejaculation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
In order to spice up their relationship, couples can sometimes consider the option of anal intercourse instead of vaginal intercourse. Some recent studies have suggested that anal sex is actually bad for your health and can also result in severe and life threatening conditions.
Below are a few reasons that will make you aware of the risks of involving in anal sex. They are as follows:
- Fissures or piles: The anal tissues are non-stretchable and thereby an insertion of the penis into your partner’s anus can lead to tearing of the anus which might make your partner prone to anal fissures or piles. Besides, anal sex can cause severe pain while excretion the morning after, as there can be a significant weakening of the anal muscles.
- Increases the chances of anal cancer: If you and your partner frequently engage in anal sex, your partner’s chances of getting anal cancer increases as the act can initiate the transmission of the Human Papillomavirus (the virus responsible for anal cancer).
- Bacterial infection: Anus is a place designed to hold and facilitate the passing of faeces. This makes it a fertile breeding ground and holding area for bacteria. Through insertion, there is a high chance that you can be infected through your partner’s bacteria. Also if vaginal intercourse occurs immediately after anal intercourse, your partner can also get affected by the bacteria that transfer from the anus to the vagina. It can cause UTIs or urinary tract infections at the least and more serious infections as well.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Contrary to popular opinions, having unprotected anal sex can actually increase the chance of getting HIV and other deadly STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). As the anal tissues are extremely fragile, the risk of the transmission of sexually transmitted infections in the bloodstream remains quite high for both the partners involved. Even if you’re using a condom whilst engaging in the act, the chances of getting STD’s looms large as condoms are more prone to breakages during anal sex.
- You can still get pregnant: Engaging in unprotected anal sex does not really mean that you cannot actually get pregnant from it. There is a slight chance of semen leakage from the anus which can seep into the vagina and result in pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I want to make my penis strong (fatty) and long. It's very thin so please suggest me how can I make it strong.
I use to masturbate daily once but now I'm having a problem with that I'm not getting my sexual organ properly erected and with lesser sensation.
I am going to gym regularly ,i masturbate 5 times a week ,does it reduce my muscle growth and recovery.
I have a habit of daily masturbating. Is masturbating good for health if it is not good then how to control it?
मेरी गर्ल फ्रेंड का पीरियड नही आ रहा है।उसका डेट 7/01/16 को ही था। मैंने 2 बार pregnancy टेस्ट भी करवाया but negative दिखा रहा है। ऐसा क्यों? आज 11 तारिक है। 4 दिन delay हो गया। जब pregnancy कीट negative show कर रहा है। तो क्या वो pregnant हो सकती है।
I am having some sex issue like I can't make long with my partner and also having a small penis which I want to increase by atlest 2 inch.
I noticed that day by day my sexual power is getting low. I thought it is happening bcz of low testosterone. Pls tell me. And I am regular hand-jobs pls tell me.
A dysfunction which hampers the physical intimacy of a man with his partner, which is often caused due to both psychological and physiological reasons is commonly known as premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation of psychological origin can be treated easily if identified with the exact cause as this may differ from one individual to other with their personal past experience.
Premature ejaculation is classified into two types based upon the occurrence
- Primary premature ejaculation: A person is considered to have primary premature ejaculation if he never ever had withheld his ejaculation for at least two minutes. He might have never had any history of satisfactory sexual attempts in his life time.
- Secondary premature ejaculation: A person is considered to come under secondary premature ejaculation type if he had previous history of successful sexual attempts with ejaculation lasting for longer period of time. In this case premature ejaculation may be caused because of any trauma, systemic disease condition or any strong negative sexual experience.
1. There is wide variety reasons behind premature ejaculation in a man and this varies from one individual to the other. The most common cause in adolescence is the fear. They might attempt to complete the masturbation before they get caught from their parents, friends or elders. Frequent attempts of such masturbation become a habit in later life and leads to premature ejaculation.
2. The most common cause for adults and men above the age of 50 – 60 is the systemic diseases like diabetes mellitus, hypertension and neurological disorders. This affects the control of ejaculation and makes the male even impotent. Smoking is also another cause for this premature ejaculation
3. Stress and anxiety can also lead to premature ejaculation. Performance anxiety or previous bitter experience of sex may also affect the present event of sex and that anxiousness may lead to the development of premature ejaculation.
4. Usage of drugs both narcotic or even therapeutic drugs may lead to the development of premature ejaculation.
5. Since premature ejaculation is a common problem that affects the sexual life of both partners there are several remedial measures available to overcome this premature ejaculation. This condition needs much psychological counselling than the therapeutic treatment.
Erectile dysfunction now has become a common disorder for most men. Middle aged men are most common to get erectile dysfunction mainly due to unhealthy life style, smoking and excessive stress. There are several other factors that are responsible causing this erectile dysfunction, but most men look forward for nutritional way of treatment to overcome this erectile dysfunction. Vitamins that really help in recovering from erectile dysfunction problem and enable men to have satisfactory sexual life.
Vitamins to overcome erectile dysfunction
Dietary changes play a major role in solving many health issues of various concerns. Few vitamins that beat the erectile dysfunction are
1. DHEA: Dehydroepialdosterone is a hormone released from the adrenal glands. DHEA reaches the peak by the age of 25 and above for men. However, this vitamin is not directly available from natural foods, but is wild yam and soya beans may stimulate the body to produce more DHEA when there is a need. Excessive intake of this food may not lead to increased level of DHEA as this is produced by the aldosterone only with the decreased level in the blood.
There are several other factors that stimulate the production of DHEA are regular exercise to keep your body physically active, taking healthy nutritious diet, adequate rest and sleep and avoiding excessive stress.
2. Carnitine: Combination of vitamins like propionyl L carnitine, L carnitine and acetyl L carnitine are helpful to overcome erectile dysfunction in elderly persons. Combination of these vitamins helps to increase the level of testosterone hormone in the body. 2gms of each vitamin is required daily to overcome erectile dysfunction
3. Arginine: It is a type of amino acid that affects the production of nitric oxide. But nitric oxide is responsible for the vasodilatation effect thus, leading to the increased blood flow to the penis and causes penile erection. There are few studies that say that arginine also helps in removing erectile dysfunction. Hence there is a controversial issue with the usage of arginine for erectile dysfunction.
4. Pyconogel: 120mg of pyconogel daily helps to solve the sexual problems. This vitamin is found in pinus pinaster and helps to improve the sexual life.