Doctor in Dr Mehtab Rai Polyclinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Mehtab Rai PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am 26 year old guy. I want to increase height. Since 3 months I am doing strength training, cardio and stretching exercises daily for 40 minutes but my height has not increased yet. Please refer best exercise to increase height.
What are mood swings?
There are days when you feel a sudden surge of excitement and days when you find yourself beating the blues and on those days you struggle. You will be surprised to know that even emotional problems have a cure that is natural and without any side effects.
What causes Mood Swings?
Most people know that our brain produces a “good mood” hormone called serotonin. If we do not produce enough of it or it gets broken down too quickly, then a low mood results. Various genetic factors and your surroundings also play a huge role in determining your mood, but the way you perceive things can change your attitude towards them.
- Physical Illness: A physical illness can be followed by depression, esp. those like cancer, AIDS, and heart diseases etc which carry serious implications..
- Result of diseases: Depression or mania could be the presenting feature of cerbrovascular disease, neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis.
Symptoms of Depression
- Depression of mood is the primary symptom. There may be a diurnal variation of mood, depression being most distressing early in the morning or at the end of the day.
- Loss of pleasure in life (anhedonia)
- Loss of interest in oneself and others
- Low self esteem
- Self blame
- Suicidal thinking
- Feeling of guilt and worthlessness
- Sleep disturbance (initial insomnia, early morning wakening or hypersomnia)
- Poor concentration
How can you treat depression with Homeopathy?
Most treatments comprise of drugs and other anti depressants that take a toll of a person’s mental and physical health because of this various side effects. Therefore treatment like these may not always solve your issue completely, this is when homeopathy comes to your rescue.
Homeopathy offers very good treatment possibilities for depression with good results. There are a large number of medicines which can be used and the selection of medicine depends not just on the symptoms, but also on the cause. Like all psychological disorders, depressive illness also requires good case study and continuous monitoring by a competent homeopath. One should not try any form of self-medication
Some of the commonly indicated medicines are anacardium, arsenic-alb, aurum-met, ignatia, acid-phos, pulsatilla, natrum-mur, sepia, antim-crud, naja, nux-vom, stann, psorinum etc. The selection of medicine varies from case to case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
After a hard day the only relief one has is to get a good night’s rest and drift off to the world of sweet sleep. You might find yourself wide awake at night, even when your body is extremely tired. This difficulty to fall asleep naturally is called insomnia. If this inability to sleep continues for a long time, it becomes a sleep disorder and can cause many physical and health issues.
Reasons behind Insomnia
The lifestyle of the twenty first century can be very demanding. A disorder like Insomnia can be easily triggered with various factors they include:
1. Emotional stress: The rollercoaster of emotions that one deals with had a huge effect on their sleep cycle. A stressed mindset will find it hard to be put to rest and as this unwanted stress continues each day.
2. Fluctuating hormones in a woman’s body: Women tend to be the victims of insomnia more often than their male counterparts. These changes may include conditions such as PMS, menstruation problem, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Use of caffeine and anti depressants: Excessive coffee drinkers might find it difficult to relax their brain, since the caffeine in tea and coffee keeps one brain alert, hence too much of caffeine consumption can be a cause of insomnia. Even smokers might face the same problem since the nicotine acts as an alerting agent.
4. Systemic disorders: Disorders like Asthma and Hyperthyroidism and other various medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, allergies, hyperthyroidism and Parkinson’s disease can do the same.
Treating insomnia with homeopathy
The reason why Insomnia can be treated the best way through homeopathy is because this treatment is both free from any side effects and is quick in its effects as well in comparison to other conventional methods which induce artificial sleep that can have harrowing effects. On the contrary, homeopathy is a completely natural treatment that doesn’t include any artificial drugs and its small doses work just the right way.
1. Coffea Cruda is a homeopathic medicine that is most often used for treating insomnia of acute origin or when the disorder only lasts for a brief moment of time. As the name suggests it is made from coffee beans.
2. Nux Vomica is more suited when insomnia is due to the abuse of stimulants like too much of alcohol, coffee or nicotine. Other medicines such as opium, aconite, arsenic are also recommended by a specialized homeopath.
It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any medication.
Whether you are running out of time or just not hungry in the morning, missing a breakfast is equivalent to a grave crime. It is particularly a big mistake if you are aiming to lose weight or avoiding gaining weight. The metabolism rate slows down while you are asleep for conserving energy, and it invariably requires a power-packed energy to restart the metabolism with a forceful vigour. Therefore, the sooner you fuel your body with a healthy breakfast, the better it is.
When should you eat?
In a report published by National Weight Control Registry, it was declared that about 78 percent of successful dieters have a wholesome breakfast every morning. The ideal time is within an hour from when you wake up because you are more plausible to eat more than needed in the latter half of the day if you do not eat anything in the morning. This will lead to unwanted weight gain and other health troubles. Furthermore, eating a moderate meal in the morning improves cognition and mood as well.
If you are not able to eat immediately after you wake up, you must at least eat something wholesome within one hour. Eating early can keep your blood sugar and insulin levels under control while boosting your metabolism. When you are waiting too long to have the first meal of the day, you will develop a habit of opting for food rich in fats and bad carbohydrates and lower in nutrient content owing to irresistible hunger.
What should you eat?
Before breakfast 1 glass of water is necessary for cleaning of stomach. The ideal first meal of the day must include a balance of carbohydrates, protein and healthy fat. It is advised to abstain from high sugar foods like cookies, pastries, donuts or sugary cereals. Instead, you can look for hard-boiled eggs, proteins, brown bread, oatmeal, muffins and fruit juices. You must also have a cupful of green tea with a few drops of lime juice squeezed over it. This will help in detoxifying your body and bring out your skin's natural beauty and glow.