Doctor in Dr Anil Kumar Sharma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr Anil Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
- In 2000, Alonzo Mourning was on top of the world: He had a fat new NBA contract, an Olympic gold medal, and a second beautiful child–plus the fame and wealth he had earned playing the game he loved. But in September of that year he was diagnosed with a rare and fatal kidney disease. Over the next couple of years, as his health faltered, he retired, unretired, and retired again–and sought to make sense of what remained of his life. Finally in 2003, after a frantic search for a donor match, Mourning had a new kidney and a new outlook. He vowed to make this second chance count by dedicating his life to others.
- By sharing his experiences of the chasms and peaks of illness and recovery, Mourning delivers a message of faith and fire, trust and triumph.
Migraine is a very common problem in every socioeconomic group specially in females of all age group.
- General stress and strain on eyes are the commonest causes for that.
- Generally we are prescribed some over the counter drugs which give relief for some times but the problem relapse time to time.
- First of all improve your diet by eating healthy food, add salad, green vegetables, soup, fruits in your diet.
- Increase the intake of water which is free from pyogens and chemicals.
- Do yoga or exercise to increase the circulation towards the brain
- Apart from these tips therapy with tens (done by physiotherapists) is very useful in migraine and headache.
- There are some unani medicines which are also very useful in treatment and prevention of migraine.
Piles or Haemorrhoids is a disease of the anal canal. The veins in this region get affected. They swell as blood stagnates inside them. This causes discomfort while passing stool. The most obvious symptoms of piles are bleeding and pain at the time of excretion or passing of the stool. For most of the patients with piles, sitting or standing becomes a tedious task.
What causes piles?
The primary reason behind the occurrence of piles is a patient’s sedentary lifestyle. Most of it also depends on upon his or her diet intake. Many of us consume a lot of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in our regular meals. But, we forget or are simply reluctant to take up physical exercises. This, in turn, leads to increase in body weight and hampers the activity of our digestive system. As a result, patients develop diseases like piles.
Diet plays a vital role in preventing piles. If we don’t add an adequate amount of fibre or roughage to our diet, there is a potential threat of developing piles. Fibres help with the convenient evacuation of the stool. In fact, fibres form the bulk of the stool. Besides, insufficient intake of water may also cause this disease.
Natural ways to tackle Piles
Piles can be managed or tackled by bringing in some changes in our lifestyle. Some of the ways of managing piles have been listed below:
- Add more roughage and fruits to your diet
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid laxatives
- Sit in a tub of hot water to get relief from the pain
- Drink plenty of water
Should You Consider Homeopathic Remedies For Piles?
Yes. If overtly protruding, medicines may not benefit after a while.
Homoeopathic treatment for Piles
When it comes to the treatment of piles, Homeopathy is quite safe and an effective method to get rid of the problem. It doesn’t have any side effect on the patient’s health. It doesn’t include any painful surgery for removal of piles. Moreover, homoeopathy is budget-friendly. Here are some effective homoeopathic medicines, useful in curing piles:
- Hamamelis: This medicine is useful in stopping the bleeding in piles. It can cure any venous congestion and bleeding. It can also be taken when the patient develops a feeling of soreness.
- Ratanhia: It gives relief from the pain due to piles. A patient suffering from piles feels immense pain and a burning sensation at the time of stool evacuation and even for hours after that.
- Graphites: It is prescribed to a patient suffering from both constipation and piles. It is given to them who are obese, have skin eruptions and constipation.
- Nux Vomica: It is given to patients who have a sedentary lifestyle, take spicy food and are active smokers and alcohol drinkers. Usually, patients who have been advised to take Nux Vomica are aggressive in nature. It cures piles as well as digestive disorders.
Things to remember: These medicines are only some of the homoeopathic remedies available in the market. It is best to consult a homoeopathic practitioner for the perfect treatment.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is among the common causes of vertigo. It is the sudden sensation of the spinning of your head which occurs with the change of position of your head. It is a disorder of the inner ear. It occurs when calcium carbonate crystals accumulate in large numbers in any one of the ear canals and stimulate abnormal fluid movement in the inner ear. This sends false signals of head movement to the brain. This can also crop up post head injury. Rolling over the bed or quick head movements like when sitting up in bed can also trigger this condition.
The common symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo are as follows:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may be treated in the following manner:
- Medication to get relief from the spinning of your head.
- Epley's Maneuver involves transportation of the calcium particles to a different part of the ear which will no longer cause any problems.
- Brandt-Daroff exercises.
- Sometimes watchful waiting can help a person to recover without having to undergo any other treatment but it is a long process and often involves risk factors.
- Surgery: This option is used rarely when other treatments fail.
A very important thing to remember is that vertigo can lead to falls and driving should be avoided. The patient will need support during an episode to avoid injuries.
Drug addiction is one of the social menaces and in most people, what starts off as a result of peer pressure and trying to be cool ends up affecting lives significantly. It is not just social, but also affects financial, physical, emotional, and social well-being. The small periods of happiness given by the drug is followed by months and years of torment.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) has identified that drug addiction causes chemical and structural changes in the brain, leading to dangerous and self-destructive behaviours. The brain’s response to stimulus like pleasure, joy, happiness, and pain are altered with constant drug abuse. For instance, the neurotransmitter called dopamine, which makes one feel good, is usually produced by the brain in small amounts. However, drugs increase this level to 2 to 10 times more, making the person feel extremely high and happy. Since the body is unable to reach the highest level of happiness on its own, the dependency on these drugs to feel good increases.
Repeated use of the drugs leads to increased dependency, wherein the brain refuses to feel good without reaching those high levels of dopamine. The issue is mostly seen in teenagers and young adults but can be seen in any age group.
October 2 is recognised as National Anti-Drug Addiction Day and nationwide campaigns and drives are done to help people overcome addiction. One of the main reasons a drive this size is required is because of the social stigma attached to the problem. Most families shun away from recognising it as a problem that can be easily treated, and so the affected person is sucked deeper into the problem.
Overcoming addiction: One of the main success factors for treating addiction is for the affected person to recognise that he or she is addicted and needs to get rid of the problem.
- There are national toll-free helplines that are set up, which can guide through the whole program. This way, if required, anonymity is maintained and support for overcoming addiction is increased.
- It involves a group effort involving the affected person, family and friends, medical and clinical personnel, and counsellors in some cases.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy: The person is made conscious of the change in behaviour and the way drugs affect it. Healthier patterns to be happy and joyful are discussed.
- In most cases, the underlying reason for reaching out to drugs needs to be addressed also to prevent relapse.
- Group therapies where the person makes friends who have faced similar issues and overcome the problem. This increases their accountability and commitment to getting rid of the problem.
Drug abuse is a national social menace and needs more free admittance and management.