Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Submit a review for Dr Alka Sinha's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Living Smart with Red Rice!
Its high antioxidants and fibre content controls blood glucose levels, lowering bad cholesterol, fighting against free radicals.
Do follow for more interesting lifestyle tips, and natural healing remedies.
Book for Personalised consultations for close monitoring and betterment.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.
Tongue cleaning is an important part of our oral hygiene as well as a reason for bad breath. Use a tongue cleaner preferably a metal one to clean your tongue and prevent mouth odour.
Everyone wants to live happily in their lifetime but managing to live so is becoming a difficult task due to the stressful and uneventful life. But there are few rules could be followed with due principles and priorities of the facts in the life they are:
A. Breathing exercises to reduce stress and to lead a healthy life style
B. Physical activities like following stretching and strengthening exercises in stipulated time regularly to keep body fit as well as healthy
C. Atttempting newer experience like shopping trekking etc
D. Writing the experiences in the life like cultivating the habit of writing diary habits of every events
E. Listening music may reduces stress in mind and body
F. Moving or friendly with happy minded people
G. Avoiding drugs and alcohol
H. Cultivating regular habit of travelling every 3 or 6 months once with loved one's
I. Regular sleep pattern
J. Communicating in time of difficult periods with concerned rather having it in the mind for long time without any ego
New Study published in American journal of clinical Nutrition, proves that eating Whole grains like whole wheat, Oats, barley, brown rice is healthier over Refined grains products like wheat flour(refined), white rice and white bread ,for better digestion and immune response.
Condoms are the best contraceptive measure you take before having sex because unlike other contraceptive measure such as birth control pills, they actually provide almost fool-proof protection against STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases). However, condoms need to be handled with care because if precaution isn’t taken while putting on the condom, it can cause tears on the surface. Here are 5 things you should know about condoms:
- Size does matter: 'One size fits all' might not be a good approach towards choosing a condom to wear, because thay come in different sizes. You should check the size at the back of the leaflet before buying it because buying a size that isn’t the right fit can result in tears which can put you and your partner at a risk of pregnancy and contracting STDs.
- Condoms do not affect the quality of sex: Contrary to popular belief, condoms do not have any effect on the quality of sex or the level of pleasure you derive from the intercourse. 98% people in a research confirmed this fact. So, not wearing a condom because “it doesn’t feel good” isn’t an excuse anymore.
- Latex allergies are a thing: Some people are predisposed to allergies caused due to the latex which most condoms are made of. Symptoms of latex allergy include itchiness, dryness and lesions on the foreskin. If these symptoms persist, don’t be embarrassed to rush to the doctor because the allergy can worsen and prove to be dangerous.
- The four types of condoms: The most common type of condom is the latex one, but because latex can cause allergies, an alternative material called polyurethane is used to make condoms too. For people who are allergic to both latex and polyurethane, polyisoprene condoms are a good option. The fourth type of condom is the lambskin condom which is made of lamb intestines.
Human sexuality is a field wherein there is a lot of research ongoing and yet still more research required. Female sexuality is another confusing arena wherein, there are studies which tend to be contradictory. Within female sexuality, orgasms are especially, a hot button topic with a lot of conflicting views. However, one thing is clear from the multiple studies; women with better mental health tend to orgasm better, more often and more easily.
Mental health, orgasm and body language: It has been noted in studies that women who are in a better mental state tend to orgasm better and thus, it is reflected in their body language over time. One of the most important parts of human body language is gait or how someone walks. Many studies have shown this to be an important parameter of how women orgasm.
Gait and female sexuality: The relationship between the body language of a woman and her ability to orgasm is generally considered interchangeable. Certain studies have shown that women, who are naturally able to orgasm quicker, faster and regularly tend to have a higher level of self-confidence and thus, it is reflected in the way they walk. Other professionals believe that women who have a better and more confident walk are able to orgasm because they were more confident in their daily lives; thus that mental confidence translated into more orgasms. Whichever be the case, it was proven that gait did have a connection with the ability of a woman to orgasm.
The actual study
In the actual study, a group of sexologists were asked to judge the gait of women who had a history of vaginal orgasms, especially through penetrative intercourse. In most cases, the doctors were able to decipher whether the women had the ability to have proper orgasms or not. The doctors were unaware of the sexual history of these women and had to decipher whether the women could orgasm by judging the walk and general movement. In about 80 percent of the cases, the doctors predicted it correctly. Some of the factors that the doctors judged them upon and were found to be uniform were:
- Absence of stiffness among muscles
- Body posture
The study may help sexologists to clear psychological problems in the cases of many women and help them improve their general self-confidence to allow them to be better in bed and thus be able to orgasm. The gait and the improvement on sexuality will thus help them have a better quality of life in general.
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help.
My precum touched my Girlfriend's vagina yesterday afternoon, but we did not get involved in coitus. She was on her Periods. Since that incident she hasn't bled much yet just a few drops, which is abnormal for her for Day 4 of her periods. We're very concerned and have no intention to have a baby now. Is there any chance she's pregnant now or might get because of that incident? Should she take an emergency contraceptive pill just in case? If she's not pregnant what might be the reason for her bleeding to stop after 2 days of periods? This is very abnormal for her.
Hello doctor what is the sign of pregnancy. Because I try for pregnancy and I feel very hungry in few hour and I also fell sar ghumna at night jab sleep karne jati hu. To kya ye symbol hai pregnancy k please tell me.
Grapes health benefits
It may surprise you to hear that the humble grape is actually considered to be a berry.
The average serving size for grapes is about one cup, or 32 grapes. As a useful measure, you can use the size of your fist to estimate the proper portion size for grapes.
Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. Grapes are high in antioxidants
Cancer: grapes contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, the resveratrol found in red wine famous for heart health is a type of polyphenol found in the skins of red grapes.
Heart disease: the flavonoid quercetin is a natural anti-inflammatory that appears to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against the damage caused by low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol in animal studies.
The high polyphenol content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (cvd) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
High blood pressure
Because of their high potassium content, grapes are recommended to those with high blood pressure to help negate the effects of sodium in the body.
Constipation the high water and fibre content of grapes helps in constipation.
It's 25 days after inter course, is it right time to do pregnancy test? If not, after how many days from inter course I can check it.
Greetings Doctor, Doctor I ended up doing a huge mistake last week and have been regretting a lot. Last week I visited thailand with my friends and ended up sleeping with a prostitute! It was hardly for an hour and we had protected sex, (i was very rough for sometime but was wearing a condom) I did not cum while having sex, maybe she did! and in between we were trying 69 too, we gave oral to each other (which was unprotected, I licked her vagina and she sucked me no condom then) and we even kissed. Had to mention everything as I am very scared, I am scared that I would have picked something from her! have not done my tests yet! I feel very guilty and I read online that for any disease to show it may take min 3 months! what are the chances of me having a bad future? I hope she was clean and unaffected but I doubt! what do I do next doc, please help me. Should I get the tests done asap or should I wait? Please help. I wish that half an hour did not happen in life!
Took ipill 4-5 days after period, then heavy bleeding after 5-6 days again now bleeding has reduce but pain in leg and waist so what are the possibilities?
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that causes thesurplus surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen causes development of weight gain and hair in women as well when they are present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation (release of afemale female egg, ovum) which is reflected in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Owing to troubles in ovulation one may experience difficulty in becoming pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS have a resistance to theaction action of insulin hormone. Normally Insulin drives sugar into the body cell to provide energy for it’s work. Many women with PCOS may appear unaffected by this change, but at cellular level, this resistance means it requires a larger amount of insulin production to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
- Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "Hirsutism"." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.
- Acne. Acne occurs on the face, chest, and upper back
- Hair Loss. Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness and underneath breasts
- Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
There is apparently no procedure to cure PCOS. The aim of treatment varies as per age and the requirement of the patient.
- If the patient is having Infertility: A lack of ovulation hinders the secretion of progesterone (a hormone preparing the uterus for pregnancy), thus hampering conception. In this case, the treatment is directed at maintaining a regular ovulation, by use of ovulation-stimulating medication.
- In patients with irregular cycles NOT wanting pregnancy: The irregularity of menstrual cycle can be fixed by consuming birth control pills. These pills comprise of both progestin and estrogen which aid to bring down androgen production.
- For patients with PCOS and weight gain, obesity: Insulin resistance seen in PCOS warrants the use of certain medications such as metformin which are prescribed to enhance sensitivity of the cells to insulin. Metformin enhances cell function and maintaining sugar levels by its increased consumption by the cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
Increase in birth weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
Premature birth and respiratory diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
High blood pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
Book an appointment with a dietitian and follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition.
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
1. Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who had eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women showed, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycles, which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
2. Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant, if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
3. Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy as a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 23 years old female, I am getting married in next month but I am afraid of intercourse as the size of my vagina is too small, I can't even enter one finger, it gives me a lot of pain. Is this size found in every one or I have some problem, suggest me what I will do.
My precum touched my Girlfriend's vagina yesterday afternoon, but we did not get involved in coitus. She was on her Periods. Since that incident she hasn't bled, even though she's on her periods. We're very concerned and have intention to have a baby now.
Trying to become pregnant can be a stressful time – especially when things aren’t going as per your plan. Couples may experience an emotional roller-coaster of stress and anxiety.
The most common causes of *female infertility* include: endometriosis, ovulation disorders, ovulation induction, tubal disease, cervical factor, unexplained infertility.
It’s important to remember you’re not alone on this journey and help is available. Book an appointment with our *celebrity consultant gynaecologist and fertility expert today to get started with you fertility treatment journey.
*Sannidhya multi speciality hospital, south bopal, ahmedabad* department of obstetrics and gynaecology is fully equipped to deal with fertility problems including laproscopy, IUI, IVF, sarogacy, high risk pregnancy, ante natal care of expectant mothers.