Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr.Adil AhmadYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The doctor was very helpful. The overall treatment was good. I recommend this doctor.
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
Exercising outdoors is fun and refreshing in its own way. An early morning jog or doing pull ups on the goal post are fun ways of working out. Summers are usually the best time to take your workouts outside, as it decreases stress levels and revitalizes your body. It is also a good method to increase vitamin D levels in the body as the body is exposed to the sun.
In spite of this, there are some disadvantages of taking your workout outside. Let's focus on them:
1.Chances of accidents go up
It is very common to see people jogging on the road with their headphones plugged in. Incidents of joggers being hit by cars are fairly common, due to the fact that they are unable to hear the honking of a car or may change course along the road without realizing a vehicle is nearby.
2.Too much exposure to the sun
Long distance runners are mostly affected as they log plenty of miles. This can lead to ultraviolet ray exposure which increases the risk of skin cancer. It can also lead to sunburns and tanning of the skin. It is also known to suppress immune system and increase the risk of various infectious diseases.
Working outdoors increases your chances of injuries. Running on hard surfaces tends to cause damage your calf, hamstrings and thighs. It can put more stress on your knee, calf and cause various problems such as runner's knee and shin splints.
4.Difficult to find Help
If you suffer from a serious injury while exercising outside, then it may be difficult to find help. If you injure a joint and are unable to walk, then it may be a problem in getting you proper treatment. This delay in treatment may cause the injury to aggravate.
Always make sure that you use the therapeutic hot agents when the injury is in the chronic stage. They can also be used prior to physiotherapy or exercise to decrease muscle tension and increase flexibility.
I am suffering from heel pain a lot while standing and even on moving my foot. Sometimes unable to stand without pain.
Sir I'm having grade 3 horizontal medial meniscus tear in posterior horn n body +partial acl tear presently recovery from injuries from after injury recovery should I go for physiotherapy or surgery for betterment of knee.
Hi, I am 28 years old. I gave birth to my child one year ago, I got tailbone pain since his birth. Had normal delivery and didn't have epidural injection. How to get rid of pain?
Hello hi I am suni I was suffering from backache for last 2 years I have used some medicines bt have not worked on me.
Hello hi I am bhanuprakash I was suffering from backache for last 2 months so please give some suggestions.
I have pain on my upper back. on first 7 days there is a severe pain and I used volini spray for 5 days. And now I have a small pain and also have cold. Is there any checkup is needed for me.
I am suffering from back pain. I have used many tablets and consulted many orthopaedic specialist but nothing happened. I am 22 years old unmarried girl. I am not able to do house works because of back pain. And my weight is also gaining I am so worried please help me anyone and give best suggestions what I have to do?
Sir , I am 16 . I eat properly .but sometimes. My middle right back pains a lot. I am also regular to gym.
I have got elbow Pain from 17 days Dr. says you R suffering from planter faccities . Suggest me for the treatment for this Thanks Mohan bohora.
Hello doctor. Mere right ankle me joint ke paas lst 3-4 week se pain ho rha h. Ankle ko clockwise & anti-clockwise move krne pr pain ho rha h. Kv kv blkul v thik ho jata h fr pain hone lgta h. Mai x-ray phle krwa kr fr doctor k paas jane ka soch rhi hu. Please doctor suggest me mujhe kya hua h & mujhe kya krna chahiye.
I am suffering from tennis elbow pain for the last about 3 months. I took pain killers, applied ice packs and still wearing tennis elbow band. Suggest me as I did not get any relief.
After every hour, take mini-breaks from your work desk and do some stretches to loosen your shoulder and neck muscles and shift position.