Doctor in Ahuja Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Ahuja ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Hariom to be saved my life, helped me improve my health, nurturing, practical and sensible. This is what i wanted....I don't smoke....But i used to drink heavily at times....Now everything is stopped since i take Naturamore nutritional supplement.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Hariom to be prompt. Good and Immediate Response.. Still I'm looking forward for the next treatment.. Wt is d nxt step that i can follow..
Dr. Hariom provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks sir but there was a possibility of blood sucking and saliva might have been through nasal so.
Dr. Hariom provides answers that are very helpful. What should be the vitamin D status Doctor? Thanks a lot for your suggestion
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Hariom to be very helpful. Kindly plz give any medications dr
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Hariom to be very helpful. Yes sir. It's in pelvic
Very nice. Excellent environment, friendly doctor, best treatment but not money minded.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Hariom to be very helpful. Thank u
Dr. Hariom provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
It was good
It was gud
The food you eat is critical for your overall wellbeing as a number of cancers that affect the human body are of gastrointestinal origin. Stick to organic and chemical free foods to live a healthier life since they reduce the risk of cancer substantially. Regular consumption of the food items mentioned below increase your risk of developing cancer as well as many other conditions and should be avoided at all costs.
1. Microwave Popcorn - Most microwave-popcorn bags are lined with c8, also known as perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) which increases the risk of certain cancers such as kidney, testicular, bladder, pancreas and liver cancer notably. Microwave popcorn also contains an artificial or synthetic butter flavoring called diacetyl which is extremely toxic and obstructs breathing.
2. Canned Tomatoes - While tomatoes are considered to be cancer fighting foods, their canned counterparts are extremely unhealthy and may cause cancer. This is mainly due to the lining of the cans they are put in which contains a chemical known as bisphenol-A or BPA that has been proven to elevate the risk of infertility as well as prostate and breast cancer. Due to their (tomatoes) high acidity, BPA leaks from the lining of the cans and penetrates into the fruit. Tomatoes should be cooked fresh or stored in glass jars.
3. Processed/Grilled Red Meat - Processed meats such as sausages, prosciutto, bacon, pimento loaf, bologna, hot dogs etc., contain various chemicals and preservatives such as sodium nitrate. This is added to make the meat look fresh and appealing but are, in fact, carcinogenic in nature. Moreover, you should also avoid grilling meat since it releases a carcinogen known as heterocyclic aromatic amines. Another dangerous food item includes smoked meat since it picks up tar from the smoking process.
4. Farmed Salmon - It is imperative to avoid farmed salmon because they are fed unnatural diets that are contaminated with carcinogens, antibiotics, chemicals, pesticides and so on. They also harbor sea lice, 30 times greater in amount than wild salmon. High levels of PCBs, cancer causing dioxins, and mercury have been found in them. It is advisable to opt for wild sockeye salmon instead of farmed salmon
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers.
Neck pain is fairly common among adults. It results from the soft tissues such as ligaments, muscles and tendons. It can result from spasms and muscle strain from neck problems such as disc degeneration and spinal stenosis. Be it a chronic pain or a sudden one, addressing it is important to get on with the daily office life.
Here is a list of some quick solutions, which when followed can give considerable relief from the pain:
- Computer should be at eye level: While sitting at it you must ensure that the middle of the computer screen is parallel to the eye. If it is required that you bend your neck to view the screen, then you should adjust the screen, without bending your neck. This happens most often while working with a laptop. The chair length can be adjusted to fix this problem.
- Refrain from neck straining while typing: If typing requires straining the neck, it should be ensured that the same doesn’t happen. This is the case while texting in a mobile. A better solution is to fix this is to take the mobile at a level which does not require the neck bend down. It will ensure that the joints and discs of the neck are not stressed.
- Use headset: If the work demands longer time on the phone, instead of bending the neck it makes sense to use a headset. Practicing the chin tuck exercise can help in this case. This exercise can strengthen the soft muscles of the neck. It also maintains the alignment of the head and the shoulder.
- Stay hydrated: Enough hydration is necessary to ensure spinal alignment and disc height. Hydration also takes a eases the spine and relaxes the soft muscles. A practice of adequate hydration throughout the day can help stop the degeneration of the cervical disc. While drinking water is a matter of practice, keeping a water bottle serves as a constant reminder to drink it throughout the day. Keeping an alarm after 2 hours also serves as a constant reminder to drink water.
- Carrying weight: One common mistake committed by most people is to carry weight with one hand. Since the load doesn’t distribute evenly, it strains the neck muscles causing pain. It should be ensured that the office briefcase or the heavy purse is carried with equal stress on both the shoulders. This will ensure a painless day at the office.
- Maintaining a good posture: Poor sitting or walking posture is often the cause of neck pain. While sitting it should be ensured that the back is straight and rests in the chair once in awhile. The neck and head should fall in a line while working.
While most of us consume alcohol on a social basis, or during certain special and momentous events of our life, there are some people who may be classified as heavy drinkers. There is a certain alcohol limit as per the sex, age and climate that a person can have on a daily basis. When a person overshoots that limit on a daily basis and that too by a large margin, he or she may be known as a heavy drinker.
If you fall in this heavy drinking category, then you may want to go through the following tips in order to bring down and curb your habit so that you can drink in moderation, without causing undue problems for your mental and physical health.
- Use bitters: Using bitters, especially digestive bitters, with your drinks can help in bringing down the amount of alcohol that you consume in one go. This can also help your body in digesting the alcohol in a better manner so that you do not wake up with a hangover. Also, the use of digestive bitters can help in detoxification of the liver and prevent it from getting coated with toxins released by alcohol.
- Water: It is a well-known fact that one must stay hydrated while drinking so that he/she does not get carried away and drink too much. You can easily have a glass of water between each drink so that you keep the buzz at a stable level rather than letting it get to your head, to a point where you start to ask for even more alcohol. Moreover, before a big party or event, it is best to first have plenty of water so that you do not end up going overboard.
- Cleansing juices: The latest diet and fitness fad includes a dose of juices churned from various kinds of fruit and vegetables. You can also try this cleansing juice menu every time you feel like reaching out for a drink. This will help you in keeping things in perspective and then drinking moderately, if and when the need arises.
- Set a drink deadline: If you want to cut back on your drinks significantly, then one of the best things to do is to set yourself a drink deadline. As per this deadline, you will set a number where you will stop. For instance, once you have reached 2 to 3 drinks, you will automatically stop so that you do not binge.
- Find a support group: It is best to find a support group of friends or even an alcoholic anonymous group so that you can share your experiences and find motivation at the same time. This is especially important for those going through withdrawal symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The monsoons cool the air down but also provides an ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes. A mosquito bite is universally abhorred. A sting that turns into dengue is even more disliked. Dengue is a mosquito borne disease that causes high fever, rashes and pain in joints and muscles. Since there is no vaccine that can completely eradicate dengue, it becomes important to take preventive measures to reduce mosquitoes and keep the disease at bay.
Here are a few tips that can reduce your risk of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- Do not allow water to accumulate: Mosquitoes breed in standing water. To prevent this do not allow rainwater to collect in pots or stagnate in your garden. Ensure that your water tanks are kept covered always. Keep buckets turned over when not in use. Coolers are generally ineffective in the monsoons so empty them out and keep the trays dry. It is also a good idea to empty and dry swimming pools and ornamental fountains during the monsoons.
- Use mosquito repellant: Dengue mosquitoes typically bite a person during the day. Hence, make it a habit to put on a mosquito repellant along with your sunscreen every time you step out. Mosquito repellants should be used on all the exposed areas of your skin including your ears. Using a mosquito net around your bed at night is the best way to ensure safety against mosquitoes. You could also attach mosquito repellant patches on your infant's clothes.
- Do not allow mosquitoes indoors: Install mesh shutters on your doors and windows. This will allow air in but will keep mosquitoes out. Take a close look at your doors and windows for holes through which mosquitoes could come in. Also look at their joints and edges to ensure that there are no gaps. Burning camphor and lavender or tea tree aromatics can also help keep mosquitoes away.
- Grow mosquito repellant plants: Citronella and tulsi are two plants that are well known for their mosquito repelling properties. Grow these plants near your window and the entrance of your house to naturally repel mosquitoes.
- Avoid outdoor activities at dawn and dusk: Sunrise and sunset are when mosquitoes are most active. Hence avoid being outdoors at this time. If you must be out, wear protective clothes that minimize the amount of skin exposed. Wearing light colours instead of dark colours can also help as mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Commonly people believe that you can understand your blood pressure is high if you are feeling dizzy suddenly, or you are not able to sleep at night. Also sweating profusely is often related to having hypertension. But, to be honest, hypertension usually does not have any symptoms which might help you get alert and take action to control it. This actually imposes a great threat to your well being as you do not understand if you have hypertension. It is extremely important for you to keep checking your blood pressure level in order to avoid developing hypertension and hence developing a risk to your heart.
Although there aren't any major or very noticeable symptoms, here is a list of some rare symptoms which you can follow:
1. Headaches: If you are suffering from dull headaches almost regularly, it might be because you blood pressure has increased. The headaches can be a dull buzz or a severe migraine like ache. Keep monitoring your headaches and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
2. Dizziness: You might suddenly feel dizzy or you might feel you are about to pass out if your blood pressure increases. Make sure you refer to a doctor as soon as something like this happens.
3. Nosebleeds: A sudden occurrence of nosebleed might also be a symptom of a sudden increase in your blood pressure.
4. Severe anxiety: Severe anxiety or a panic attack is often referred to as a symptom of hypertension. If you have a sudden panic attack with no apparent reason, it may be because your blood pressure has suddenly risen.
6. Nausea: A sudden increase in blood pressure might make you feel nauseous. You might even vomit when this happens.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Obesity and diabetes usually go hand in hand and both of them have one common solution - physical exercise. It is a known solution to obesity related problems and after fat loss, many people have stated reduction in health problems caused by it.
However diabetes, whether caused by obesity or not can also be kept in check by regular physical exercise. Let's see how it does so:
1. Keeps body insulin in check - Exercising regularly ensures that insulin levels within your body are kept in check. Insulin is what makes the blood sugar get absorbed into the muscles for energy in the form of glucose. Thus this reduces blood sugar levels within the body and keeps the levels within the body under control for patients who have higher blood sugar counts.
2. Exercising helps reduce depression and stress - Exercising is known to have a very positive effect mentally as endorphins are released after a workout. This makes you feel happier and better about yourself and reduces stress or depression. Both depression and stress are known to have triggered Diabetes related issues in the long run and exercising can definitely help keep them in check.
3. Exercise can actually correct insulin resistance - It is a myth that people who suffer from insulin resistance cant benefit from exercise and it helps regulate resistance. If you start exercising and working out, then the insulin resistance is checked and regulated where in the capacity of the body to absorb blood sugar in the form of glucose actually increases.
4. Reduces the chance of heart problems caused by diabetes - Diabetes increases the chances of heart problems and also the blocking of arteries through arteriosclerosis. These blockages could result in a heart attack or other related problems and exercising can help reduce their possibilities as well.
5. Exercising also helps to keep your appetite in check - it is known that proper exercising works as a hunger killer and thus will help control your appetite. This is good in two ways:
- A controlled appetite will helps you lose weight which may be a contributing factor to your diabetes
- If you have non obesity related diabetes, then appetite suppression will help you eat better and stop you from eating foods or untimely snacks that may contribute to blood sugar issues.
However, it is prudent to visit your doctor and discuss how you can optimize your exercise routine to get the best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Nasal congestion (blocked nose) can give you nightmares. The condition often results in people breathing through their mouth. Mouth breathing, once a while (due to factors that affect the nasal breathing) is understood. The main problem arises when people, especially kids continue to breathe through their mouth even under normal conditions. Nasal breathing is what we have learned and practiced all along. Breathing through the nose is a healthy practice that has many health benefits. Any alteration in this habit can have a deleterious effect on the health in the long run. It can alter the body dynamics and mechanisms, necessary for the proper functioning of the body.
Though cold and nasal congestion are the most common causes of mouth breathing, other conditions that often contribute towards this unhealthy postural habit include:
● Severe respiratory infections.
● Allergies which tend to block the nasal airway (either partial or complete).
● Kids who have a habit of sucking their thumbs or fingers are often found to breathe through their mouth.
● Sinus, enlarged adenoids or tonsils, hay fever, can also result in mouth breathing.
Harmful effects of mouth breathing
In mouth breathing, there is less absorption of oxygen into the bloodstream as compared to the nasal breathing. This oxygen deprivation can give rise to serious consequences and health problems.
- Snoring and sleeping disorders (sleep apnea, often resulting from oxygen deprivation) are common among people who breathe through the mouth. Many people wake up with a terrible headache, feeling tired, irritated, and fatigued (in spite of having their full quota of sleep) in the morning. Unable to have a sound sleep often interfere with the overall performance of the affected person. Low levels of oxygen in the bloodstream can also result in hypertension and cardiac problems. Some people also suffer from brain fog (mental fatigue resulting in confusion and at times, hallucinations).
- Dry mouth along with cracked lips is one of the harmful consequences of mouth breathing. Under normal situations, the saliva (in the mouth) prevents the bacteria from thriving within the mouth and causing infections. When the mouth becomes dry (less saliva), bacteria can easily thrive inside, resulting in infections (throat and ear), cavities, bad breath, Gingivitis (gum inflammation brought about by a bacterial infection).
- A person with mouth breathing may suffer from digestive problems such as acid reflux, gas, and stomach upsets.
- Believe it or not, but mouth breathing can give rise to skeletal and facial deformities (especially in children). The face may appear narrow and long, the chin and jaws lower, and the cheekbones often suppressed. There is also an improper alignment of the teeth (teeth appear crooked).
- Mouth breathing can also lead to speech impediments, especially in children between the age group of 4-12 years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.