Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Submit a review for Aarushi ClinicYour feedback matters!
High blood pressure can lead to hypertension, which is known to cause a variety of debilitating side effects or symptoms in the life of the patient. It can also lead to a number of related ailments which can affect the various organs of the body. The eyes are one of the organs that are most susceptible to this kind of spike in the body’s blood pressure. Let us learn more about the connection between the two.
Retina: When high blood pressure goes untreated for a prolonged period, it can easily start to affect the blood vessels that can be found in the retina. The retina is the third or the inner most layer of the eye which is sensitive towards light and usually helps in refraction. This is where the light reaches so that one can focus clearly on an image. When the blood pressure of the patient stays high for a prolonged basis, there is significant pressure on the blood vessels in this part of the eye which can lead to an eye disease known as hypertensive retinopathy.
Symptoms: Symptoms of this eye disease include lack of clarity and focus when the eye comes to rest on an object, as well as headaches and other vision problems that typically spring from eye strain that one will go through while trying to focus even harder. It may be seen that the symptoms do not appear in the very early stages of this disease.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by an ophthalmologist who will use an ophthalmoscope in order to project light towards the specific part of the eye so that the back of the eyeballs can be examined. The signs that the doctor will look for during the examination include narrowing of the blood vessels in this part of the eye, inflammation of the macula which is the central portion of the retina, and bleeding in the back of the eye. Also, the doctor will check for spots in the retina with the help of cotton swabs and exudates.
Treatment: The best and only way of treating this condition is by keeping one’s blood pressure in control with the help of medication prescribed by the doctor.
Prevention: There are many ways of preventing the onset of this disease, including losing weight so that there is less pressure on the body. Also, one must stick to a healthy diet and exercise regularly after taking recommendations on the appropriate exercises from the doctor. Additionally, it is also important to see a doctor on a regular basis so that there is constant monitoring and regulation of the medicines and the blood pressure.
Having a heart of gold is a metaphor but at the same time is something which is quite achievable, as long as a person looks out for oneself and makes an effort to eat the right foods!
If a person who wishes to maintain good heart health is willing to search out the right foods to eat, there is a surfeit of benefits. Just some of these benefits are a lower level of the bad sort of cholesterol, as well as a slower rate of plaque growth.
Foods for a Healthy Heart
- Fish is something which is known to have great benefits for the mind and now, the heart, too. This is especially true, if the fish which is being eaten happens to be salmon. Fish in general, and Salmon in particular, has Omega-3 fatty acids, which are the best sort which can be consumed bar none. As a matter of fact, the medical evidence of this is so much that the American Health Association has made it a point to recommend that each person eats fish at least twice a week.
- If eating fish and preparing it seems to be too much of a hassle, what can be done is to make sure that supplements which have these properties are consumed on a regular basis. Talking about Omega-3 fatty acids, adding a small amount of chia seeds to whatever a person is having has a lot of health benefits. However, as should normally be the case, the person has to make sure that his or her hydration is more or less adequate as the side effect of this not being the case can have a greater impact than the benefits as it can result in constipation!
- Oatmeal is something which somehow finds its way to the breakfast table of a lot of health conscious families and it can be said that this is with good reason. This is because oatmeal has the great property of imbibing the cholesterol which is present in a person’s digestive tract and to a great extent, making sure that this cholesterol does not find its way to the bloodstream where it can cause significant damage to the heart and body in general.
However, instead of eating the instant oatmeal variety, having the comprehensive sort is good as it is likely to be sans sugar, which is something which may not be the case with instant oatmeal. All these health benefits add up and can be mulled over a glass of green tea, which is also amazing for the heart!
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.
I'm 22 years old its mean i'm so young but my blood pressure is low 80. How its possible? Please help me doctor.
My mother is cardiac patient, she is having chest pain spreading through throat to neck backside. Due to this not able walk even 10 feet's.
Is IFT Physiotherapy Safe for Myofascial Chest pain? Does it affects to our hearts while putting that electrodes on chest?
I have been getting eruptions on my forearm, chest and inner thighs. When consulted with doctors I was diagnosed with Tinea cruris. When I consume sebifin tablet and apply the ointment it vanishes. But after a short while it reoccurs and spreads viciously. I have also don't a fungal skin scraping test and the results were negative. I feel there is more to this than just a superficial skin problem. Look forward to suggestions or recommendations of any medicine.
क्या आप सांसों की बदबू से पीड़ित हैं? बुरा सांस, जिसे हलिटोसिस भी कहा जाता है, शर्मनाक है और आपके आत्मविश्वास के स्तर को गिरा सकता है। बुरा सांस का मुख्य कारण वे जीवाणु हैं जो आपकी जीभ के पीछे या दांतों के बीच बढ़ते हैं। हालांकि, खराब श्वास के कई अन्य कारण होते हैं जैसे कि दाँत कैविटी, मसूढ़े की बीमारी, खराब मौखिक स्वच्छता, लेपित जीभ, धूम्रपान, शुष्क मुंह आदि। पीड़ादायक गला या साइनसाइटिस जैसे संक्रमण, या आंत्र विकार, जैसे कि हृद्दाह, अल्सर, और लैक्टोज असहिष्णुता, भी बुरा सांस पैदा कर सकता है।
कई लोगों के लिए, टकसाल टॉफ़ी या गम का एक टुकड़ा चबाना, एक तीव्र उपाय है, क्योंकि यह समस्या को छुपा देता है। लेकिन बुरा सांस को नियंत्रित करने के लिए अच्छा मौखिक स्वास्थ्य बनाए रखना आवश्यक है।
सांसों की दुर्गन्ध के इलाज के घरेलू नुस्खे
खराब सांस के लिए घरेलू उपचार समय के साथ आपके मौखिक स्वच्छता में बड़ा अंतर कर सकते हैं। खराब सांस के लिए कुछ घरेलू उपाय यहां दिए गए हैं:
सौंफ़ एक उत्कृष्ट मुंह के फ्रेशनर के रूप में कार्य करता है और खराब सांस को नियंत्रित करने में मदद करता है। इसमें रोगाणुरोधी गुण भी होते हैं जो मुंह में बैक्टीरिया से लड़ते हैं। अपने श्वास को ताज़ा करने और लार के उत्पादन को प्रोत्साहित करने के लिए धीरे-धीरे सौंफ चबाएँ। आप सौंफ की चाय भी पी सकते हैं।
दालचीनी में सीनामिक एल्डिहाइड होता है, एक आवश्यक तेल जो न केवल बुरा सांस को कवर करता है बल्कि आपके मुंह में बैक्टीरिया की मात्रा भी कम करता है। एक कप पानी में दालचीनी पाउडर के एक चम्मच को उबाल लें। समाधान को दबाएं और इसे अपने सांस को ताज़ा करने के लिए मुंह के कुल्ला के रूप में उपयोग करें।
मेथी की चाय बेहद प्रभावी होती है जब श्वसन संक्रमण के कारण बुरा सांस होता है।
बस अपने मुंह में कुछ लौंग को दबाएं और उन्हें अपने सांस को ताज़ा करने के लिए अच्छी तरह चबाएं। लौंग में जीवाणुरोधी गुण होते हैं जो खराब सांस से छुटकारा पाने में बहुत सहायक होते हैं। आप लौंग वाली चाय भी पी सकते हैं।
अजमोद न केवल पाचन आसान बनाता है, बल्कि यह मुंह से दुर्गंध के लिए एक अच्छा घरेलु उपचार भी है। अजमोद में क्लोरोफिल होता है जो कि खराब सांस को बेअसर करने में मदद कर सकता है। ताजी पत्तियों को सीधे चबाएं या उन्हें अपने भोजन पर एक गार्निश के रूप में जोड़ें।
6. नींबू का रस:
नींबू में अम्लीय सामग्री आपके मुंह में बैक्टीरिया का विकास रोकती है। बस एक कप पानी में नींबू के रस का एक बड़ा चमचा मिलाएं और इसके साथ कुल्ला करें। आप इसमे थोड़ा सा नमक जोड़ कर भी इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं।
वैकल्पिक रूप से, आप पेस्ट बनाने के लिए 1 चम्मच नींबू का रस और 1-2 बड़े चम्मच सादा दही मिश्रण कर सकते हैं। अपने दांतों पर मिश्रण को लागू करें, इसे लगभग 5 मिनट तक छोड़ दें और फिर कुल्ला करें।
7. सेब का सिरका:
पीएच संतुलन प्रभाव के कारण, सेब का सिरका खराब सांस के लिए एक अद्भुत उपाय है। सेब के सिरके के 1-2 बड़े चम्मच और ठंडे पानी का गिलास मिलाएं, और इसे एक माउथवॉश के रूप में प्रयोग करें।
आप एक गिलास पानी में कच्चे सेब के सिरके का एक बड़ा चमचा मिलाकर अपने भोजन खाने से पहले भी पी सकते हैं।
8. बेकिंग सोडा:
बेकिंग सोडा एक प्राकृतिक एंटैसिड है। यह मुंह में पीएच स्तर को संतुलित करता है और जीवाणुओं से लड़ता है। एक चम्मच बेकिंग सोडा और आधा चम्मच नींबू का रस मिलाएं, और अपने दांतों पर इस पेस्ट को रगड़ें। इसे एक मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर अपने मुंह को स्वच्छ पानी से धो लें।
9. चाय के पेड़ का तेल:
चाय के पेड़ के तेल में एंटीसेप्टिक गुण हैं और आपके मुंह के लिए एक शक्तिशाली निस्संक्रामक के रूप में कार्य करता है। गुनगुने पानी के एक गिलास में एक या दो बूंद चाय के पेड़ का तेल जोड़ें और इससे कुल्ला कर लें।
Sometimes I have pain in my heart side it's felt like that something is sticking in my heart sie. Can you describe what is that.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Hi am 31 year old and my issue is I am getting pain of may left chest like some one pin it and also getting pain of entire left hand and burning feel on palm of left hand.
My triglycerides 184 mg/dl. Fasting sugar 103 mg PP sugar 172 Mg/dl. Prostatoegaly 50 cc. BP 160/90. I am taking Olmetrack AM for BP. Whether any medicine to be taken for elevated Triglycerides/ PP sugar. I am taking Veltam 0.4 for enlarged prostate. Pl advise.
Hii Doctors, I have recently checked my BP, it was 157 it is not good but I have no any problem, so what is the symptom of BP, and how can I control it.
I have high bp and also want regrow hair and reverse premature greying, So I am taking 3 garlic cloves with 6 curry leaves curry leaves empty stomach. Also I want ask how effective is patanjali Ashwashila capsules for infertility.
Hi, I have blood pressure (detected 3 years ago), I also have mild chest pain on different side of chest. It comes and goes on its own, at first I panicked assuming it is warning sign of heart attack but it has been 2 years and thankfully nothing bad has been occurred yet, its pain I am still having some time. Should I worry?
My blood pressure level is high & I'm suffering from headache, what can I do for solve this type of health issue?
Sir. My father had a heart attack on 30 Apr 17. He has been taking vildagliptin 50 + metformin 500 (OD) for the last 5 years for diabetes. He was NOT taking atorvastatin and aspirin. He has been smoking for 30 years. Angiogram shows a 90% block RCA. Angioplasty done with 2 stents and discharged on very next day. And advised to take aspirin 150 OD Clopidogrel 75 OD metoprolol 25 OD Atrovas 40 OD Metformin SR 1000 BD pantoprazole 40 OD. He stopped smoking then. AND after taking these medicines for a week his sugar level came down to 55 and 60 twice. So metformin reduced to 500 BD. Then also he is facing hypoglycemic conditions. Is vildagliptin safe to take now or continue with metformin 500 BD? And these medicines are for life long?
In Lipid Profile (Basic) report, following is my test report result. Please help to understand pros & cons and precautions need to be take. Total Cholesterol - 169 Triglycerides - 225 HDL Cholesterol - 39 VLDL Cholesterol - 45 LDL Cholesterol - 85 Total / HDL Cholesterol Ratio - 4.3.
The heart's electrical conduction system plays a very important role in cardiovascular functioning. Also known as the atrioventricular (AV) conduction system, it regulates and controls the timing of the heartbeat.
How does the heart's electrical conduction system work?
There is a collection of electrical cells in the upper right atrium of the heart known as the sinoatrial (SA) node which acts as a natural pacemaker and generates electrical signals. These signals travel through specialized electrical pathways and stimulate the muscular walls of the heart to contract in a rhythmic manner. This gives rise to the heartbeat that pulses at a specific frequency every minute.
What is the effect of fluctuations in electrical activity on the heart?
The standard heart rate in human being ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. It slows down when a person sleeps and speeds up when one experiences physical or emotional heightening. These fluctuations are triggered by the brain or other systems of the body and signal the SA node to generate charges more rapidly or slowly. This leads to spikes and drops in the heart rate, depending on the nature of the situation.
What happens when there is dysfunction in the heart's electrical activity?
When the heart's electrical conduction system does not function properly, it leads to the occurrence of a condition known as arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm. This happens when electrical impulses are generated in an irregular manner and causes tachycardia (rapid heartbeats) or bradycardia (slow heartbeats) which takes place in jarring infrequent tempos.
What causes fluctuations in the heart's electrical activity?
There are various kinds of triggers that cause the heart rate to fluctuate. The exact nature of fluctuation also depends on the type of trigger. A few everyday examples of these causes are as follows:
- Exercise and strenuous physical activity increases electrical activity as the heart is required to beat faster so as to increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the muscles.
- Sleep and rest reduce heart rate as the body is not needed to exert itself.
- Release of adrenaline into the bloodstream causes the heart rate to spike up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.