Doctors in Aarogyam Naturopathy and Dental Care
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Toothache
Treatment of Cavities
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Bleeding Gums
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Treatment of Bad Breath
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Sensitive Teeth
Root Canal Treatment
Submit a review for Aarogyam Naturopathy and Dental CareYour feedback matters!
The colon is a part of the digestive system of your body, which extracts the vitamins, nutrients, water and salt from the indigestible food. This helps in getting rid of solid waste from your body. Now, you may wonder why colon cleansing is necessary. It is required when there is some disorder in the normal colon function, such as when the colon absorbs the toxins in place of removing them from your body, you may experience colon problems. These results in syndromes like gaining weight, fatigue, lack of energy, constipation, bloating and many more.
Cleaning the colon in a natural way is one of the earliest processes by which you can get a normal colon. This process is also called autointoxication. There are some ways by which you can go for natural colon cleansing.
- One of the easiest and best ways for colon cleansing is drinking plenty of water. Regular intake of water will keep your body hydrated and the body organs functioning. It will also help your body to get rid of various toxins.
- Intake of apple juice is yet another process of colon cleansing. Apple juice normalises your bowel movements and keeps your liver fit. It keeps the digestive system functioning as well. One glass of raw apple juice followed by one glass of water half an hour later works best for colon cleansing.
- Lemon juice with a high amount of vitamin C is excellent for the digestive system. A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey keeps your liver, colon and the entire digestive system fit and fine.
- Stay away from fried and processed food for a couple of days. It is better if you drink fresh vegetable juice for a number of times in a day. Green and leafy vegetables remove toxins from your body. They have high amount of minerals and enzymes which provides energy to your body.
- Yogurt is your best companion when it comes to colon cleansing. It contains some bacteria, which are good for your body and helps accelerate the digestion process. It is one of the best way by which you can cure every stomach and digestion-related problems.
Piles, Pilonidal sinus and fissures are all ano-rectal diseases which cause tremendous pain and discomfort. Anal fissure or anal fistula is also popularly called fissure-in-ano. It is a disorder in which a tear develops in the skin which lines the anal opening.
Causes of anal fistula-
- Hard, dry movement of the bowels
- Severe constipation
- Chronic diarrhoea which causes excessive friction in the anal area
Symptoms of anal fistula-
- Pain during passage of stool
- Bleeding during bowel movement
- Discomfort during passage of stool including cramps
- Issues while passing urine
- Itchiness in the anal area
Kshar Sutra Treatment for Anal Fissures:
Anal fistula is quite painful and is often wrongly diagnosed as piles. This makes the treatment even more time consuming and less effective. Allopathic treatment involves surgery and drying of the wound. The chances of re-appearance of fissures are high in case of surgery. Ayurveda provides a less painful and more effective cure for fistula. Ayurveda has prescribed kshar sutra treatment for different ano-rectal disorders including anal fissures.
How does kshar sutra treatment work?
Kshar sutra is a para-surgical treatment in which a medicinal thread is used to not only remove the infection but also to heal the wound by promoting growth of healthy tissues. Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment for fistula includes the following steps-
- Preparation of the Kshar sutra or the medicinal thread by coating it with medicinal herbs.
- Physical examination of the fistula to identify its location and extent.
- A small cut or incision is made through which the medical thread is introduced into the problem area.
- The medicine on the thread heals the infection and promotes growth of healthy cells.
Ayurveda promotes an all round treatment of the disorder to prevent its reoccurrence. Fissures can be easily cured using kshar sutra. But, along with it, Ayurveda also suggests a healthy, wholesome diet to make the passage of stool easier and pain free.
Nature calls are to be attended to, no doubt, but when it is a fart, most feel embarrassed. On an average, humans fart fourteen times a day which they generally either control or excuse themselves, but helpless when the farts come out at night.
People may seek medications to control farts, but the reality is that these medications do not work. Many people also consider using butt strips which are said to open up the anal canal, but they are extremely dangerous as they can pave the way for anal inflammation and may lead to severe health complications.
What causes night farts?
During sleep, the body relaxes entirely, and it lets go of all its tensions, and one of the ways it does this is by releasing farts. The reason behind regular farts is consumption of air while eating foods. This air comprises of different types of gases, which reacts with the other gases during the process of chemical breakdown and digestion. Since the gases cannot rest inside the body, they come out in the form of farts. People tend to fart while asleep because all the muscles relax during sleep and the pubococcygeus muscle is no exception to this. Though it is a common health problem and can create a lot of issues in the personal life.
How to get rid of excessive farting during the night?
- Diet: Diet plays a critical part in determining how much gas is formed inside our bellies. There are some foods which are known for causing more gas than others including prunes, peas, broccoli, onions, garlic, bananas, leafy vegetables like cabbages, and various fried foods. All of these foods contain high level of fiber, which causes flatulence levels to skyrocket. If you are lactose intolerant, then dairy products are bound to cause more gas in your tummy which is expelled at night. Eating right before going to the bed leads to the excessive stimulation of the digestive system which causes the gas to come out through the rear end. You should try to quit eating any solid foods at least four hours before sleep.
- Do not hold your fart: Another important tip to reduce night farts is to fart through the day. Even though this may sound absurd, many people tend to hold their farts because of their shame without understanding that it may lead to health issues.
- Do not sleep on your stomach: If you are already suffering from night farts, you should avoid sleeping on your belly. This position would invariably press the gases and compel them to come out.
- Plenty of water helps: It may sound like a no-brainer, but drinking an adequate amount of water throughout the day will not just eliminate the bacteria, but also reduce the problem of night farts but settling down the gases.
Farts, though embarrassing, are common. Following the tips mentioned can help you get rid of them. If you can’t, don’t bother. Just let go!
A menstrual cup is a flexible cup designed out of medical grade silicone or rubber, which can be inserted inside the vagina. It is not used for absorbing blood; rather it collects the menstrual blood.
Advantages of menstrual cups over tampons
- Tampons are disposable. Menstrual cups can be cleaned, rinsed and reused.
- Need not be changed after every few hours. One can go without changing a menstrual cup for more than 12 hours.
- Easier to use compared to a tampon. The insertion is smoother and it is generally not very uncomfortable if insertion is done correctly.
- The menstrual cups need not be replaced frequently. Tampons however are needed in large numbers every month.
- Tampons absorb almost all the vaginal fluid, leaving it dry and prone to irritation. Menstrual cups on the other hand, leave the beneficial bacteria in place and maintain vaginal pH.
- Menstrual cups help prevent menstrual odours as it is present internally.
Reasons why you should use menstrual cups
Menstrual cups rarely cause allergic reactions, unlike tampons. One menstrual cup lasts an entire day, month and even years. They are also the most environment friendly choice as there is no need to dispose them after every use. They prevent staining, leakage and do not increase muscle cramps. There is no risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) from menstrual cups, which is a major risk from leaving tampons inside the body for too many hours. Menstrual cups are also helpful if you are a swimmer. They don’t make things difficult for you at all. Menstrual cups are made from 100% medically approved silicone and not cotton or rayon. If you are unable to use tampons, you may choose menstrual cups as the insertion is generally smoother. However, it completely depends on individual preference. Menstrual cups also reduce the bulk of having to carry like sanitary napkins during travel, and urgent needs to change. Thus it makes a long journey worry free. No matter what protective measures you take, remember to be comfortable. Try and maintain a diet rich in nutrients, that can help regulate the blood flow and prevent painful blood clots. Also, it is important to remain physically active to prevent muscle cramps and back pain.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
The main reason behind indigestion is stress due to which relapses occur -
* Do exercise 5 days/week for 40 min (including breathing exercises).
* Discuss about your problems with doctor or friends or family members.
* Stop overthinking and live happily.
* Never drink water after meals atleast for 40 min.
* Always drink water with sips.
Trichomoniasis is one of the most commonly occurring sexually transmitted infections. It generally happens on account of having multiple sexual partners or not using condoms and other protective measures during sexual intercourse (vaginal or anal).
Trichomoniasis leads to a foul smelling vaginal discharge and other symptoms that include spotting/bleeding, painful urination, itching in the vaginal region, all of them resulting in painful sexual intercourse. The single- celled protozoa (pathogen) causing this infection is Trichomonas vaginalis.
The most common symptoms among women are:
- vaginal discharge, which can be white, gray, yellow, or green, and usually frothy with an unpleasant smell
- vaginal spotting or bleeding
- genital burning or itching
- genital redness or swelling
- frequent urge to urinate
- pain during urination or sexual intercourse
The most common symptoms in men are:
- discharge from the urethra
- burning during urination or after ejaculation
- an urge to urinate frequently
Treatment Options for Trichomoniasis-
The treatment options for Trichomoniasis can be categorized as follows:
Antibiotics such as ‘Tinidazole’ or metronidazole can be administered.
It is advisable not to consume alcohol within the first 24 hours of being administered ‘metronidazole’ and the first 72 hours of being administered tinidazole as it can lead to severe vomiting and nausea.
Metronidazole is strictly advised against during pregnancy as it can harm the baby.
The preventive measures include:
Indulging in safe sex is the best way to prevent Trichomoniasis.
Condoms should be used by both the male and the female partners during a sexual intercourse (anal or vaginal).
Sharing sex toys is another big ‘NO’ as the carriers of various STDs may spread through their common usage.
If a person has already been infected by Trichomoniasis then abstaining from sex is the safest option to prevent it from spreading.
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (URTI) occurs when a person inhales infectious bacteria along with air that passes through lungs via respiratory tract. One of the main causes of these respiratory infections is Air Pollution.
According to the WHO survey, among 1600 world cities, the quality of air in Delhi/NCR is one of the worst. Many studies have also shown that air pollution increases the risk of URTI; as these infections occur due to the inhalation of harmful pollutants like SO2, NO2,O3, and PM particles mixed with air.
One of the recent reports shows that this season has a great chance for smog. Smog also plays a role in increasing the risk of Upper Respiratory Tract Infections.
- Rhinitis: Rhinitis occur when the nasal cavity of the body gets inflamed.
- Sinusitis and Rhinosinusitis: Commonly called as Sinus infection; such infection inflames the sinuses.
- Nasopharyngitis or Common Cold: This is one of the most common problems that causes inflammation of pharynx, nares, hypopharynx, tonsils, and uvula
- Pharyngitis: This causes inflammation of uvula, tonsils, and epiglottis.
- Epiglottitis and Laryngitis: Epiglottitis causes inflammation of epiglottis whereas Laryngitis infect larynx.
- Laryngotracheitis: This inflames both larynx and trachea.
Is Homeopathy Helpful for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection?
Yes, out of many standard and alternative medicines, Homeopathy is one of the most adequate ways for the treatment of URTI. It is helpful in treating many symptoms of URTI. Apart from treatment, it also provides strength to the Immune System of the body so that these infections inhibit the bacteria to infect the body in the future.
Facts about treating URTI with Homoeopathy:
- Best for Common Cold: When it comes to Common Cold, Homeopathy is the best treatment. It provides relief from the blockage of nose, burning sensation, and itching.
- Homeopathy Inhibits Infection: Homeopathy helps a person who is suffering from sneezing and coughing. There are many medicines which help kill bacteria in the body.
- No Side Effects: The best thing about these medicines is that they help treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infections without any side effect.
How to Prevent Air Pollutants That Cause Upper Respiratory Tract Infection?
These are the preventive measures which one can take to prevent themselves from URTI:
- Wear protection masks before going out from home.
- Decrease the usage of vehicles.
- Use Biogas.
- Plant more indoor plants for more oxygen.
- Keep a neat and clean environment.
- Apply cream near the Nostrils.
- Wash face frequently
- Consume Jaggrey in appropriate amount after coming from outside.
- Take vitamin C supplements.
- Inhale steam and gargle with salt water.
The deteriorating air quality of Delhi/NCR may lead to many respiratory infections, which is why it is our responsibility that we take some serious measures about air pollution and prevent URTI.
Having a surgery, big or small, will subject your body to a certain degree of pain. Post operative care, hence, is of paramount importance. You'll have a surgical wound where the surgeon makes the incision. To ensure it heals quickly and reduce your chances of an infection, it is important you care for your wound area and keep a regular check for unusual signs and symptoms.
Let us take a step back to understand the normal process on how a wound heals. At first, there will be inflammation during the first week when blood flow to your wound increases. This is a crucial care period as your wound is still fresh. The second phase is proliferation where new blood vessels and tissue begin to grow around the area. The third and final phase is maturation where new cells develop to strengthen the wound and soften the scar. Depending on the location and size of your wound, your surgeon may have used stitches (medically called sutures), metal clips or staples and adhesive dressings, tapes or glue. Stitches, clips and staples are usually removed between three and 14 days after your treatment.
1.Change your dressing regularly: Most patients are called to the hospital at regular intervals during the first week for a two or three dressing changes. The nurse or doctor ensures a sterile environment during the process. If you find your dressing falling off late night and can't go to the hospital, you can wash your hands thoroughly and open a new sterile dressing package and apply on your wound. At all times, touch only the edges of your old / new dressing.
2.General care for your incision site: Keep the incision site as clean and dry as possible. Keep it covered with plastic during a shower if it is on your hands or legs or take a sponge bath until you get a green signal from your doctor. Protect the incision from sunlight. Some incisions may get itchy as they heal. This is quite common but it is important not to scratch your incision during this period.
3.Eating and drinking properly to heal quickly: Vitamin C and protein are important to aid wound healing. Eat a healthy, balanced diet with plenty of variety including lean meat, fish, eggs, dairy, and fruit and vegetables. Make sure that you drink enough water because if you're dehydrated, your wound may take longer to heal.
4.Look for signs of infection: The common signs of an infection are redness, swelling, unusual drainage, warmth around the incision site
increased pain or tenderness at the incision, incision opens up or a fever of more than 100.4 degrees F.
Eczema of the scalp, which results in itching, flaking, or crusting of the scalp, is called scalp peeling or is commonly referred to as “dandruff”. This condition causes increased shedding of normal scalp skin cells. Dandruff may also be caused by a fungal infection, other than just dehydration of the scalp.
The causes of an extremely dry scalp, thereby causing dandruff or even bigger flakes falling from the head onto shoulders and clothes, may be due to scalp psoriasis, eczema, poor nutrition, generalized dehydration, exposure to too much direct heat, and using too much of shampoo.
The three types of dandruff that need to be treated are those resulting from fungal growth, dry scalp and the one resulting from product build-up.
- Fungal growth: This kind of dandruff is a chronic condition, caused by increased oil content on the scalp or an off-balance pH of the scalp. It may also be due to poor cleansing habits, or even an allergic reaction to the hair products one uses. Try switching shampoos, conditioners, or styling products to sulfate-free formulas to cure this condition.
- Dry scalp: Sometimes, the skin of the scalp is literally so parched and dry that it is flaky and falls away like snakeskin. People with this kind of dandruff usually have drier hair and notice a tightness in their scalp. To treat dry-scalp dandruff, it is wise to indulge one’s hair with moisturizing and hydrating shampoos, cut down on or space out harsh chemical treatments like relaxers, permanents, or dyes, and take in more moisture from the inside - drink at least 8 eight-ounce glasses of water a day, and your skin (including your scalp) will show you results that you want. Eliminating sulfates from your shampoos or other hair care products will also help with dry scalp, since these ingredients help strip away natural oils. Brushing hair or massaging the scalp - either with bare fingertips or a few drops of oil - is another great treatment, since massage helps stimulate circulation and bring blood, nutrients, and oxygen to the scalp and hair.
- Product buildup: The most common type of dandruff is due to product buildup. This is what happens when people with otherwise healthy manes and scalps use too many styling products, such as layering gels, hair serum, hairspray, wrap lotions, scalp oils, heat-protecting serum, and so on. Dandruff caused by product buildup usually looks more like small clumps or balls of dirt. It may have a brownish color, since all those products attract and trap plenty of dirt and sweat. Product-buildup dandruff also tends to appear sporadically, only when hair is in need of a wash, whereas other types of dandruff show up more quickly and regularly.
To treat this kind of dandruff, one should wash hair more often or simply aim for using minimum chemical-rich hair products.