Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Dehradun and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShailajaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have a problem of tooth sensitivity in my rightmost tooth. I am regularly doing sensodyne toothpaste from past two months due to which there is a lot of relief. But on some occasions I get sensitivity during drinking cold water or soft drinks or juices. Do I need medication? what should I do?
I really have a bad breath in the morning and sometimes even after the long hours like 4 or five hours after i do brush. What should be done? Please advise?
I took the treatment of bad breath from dentist. He done cleaning of my teeth and I regularly use mouth wash as per his suggestion. But there is no effect on bad breath problem. I clean my whole mouth regularly. please help me.
I have bad breath since couple of weeks my mouth becomes dry. Especially when I wake up it stinks. First I thought its because I am not drinking enough water but thats not the problem. I brush my teeth two times a day. Not on any other prescription. Please help. Thanks.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
I met with an accident before an year At the time of the accident I lost my half teeth not fully exactly half of left 1molar and 2molar teeth and now when ever I drink any cool drink it's feel soo sensitive there and I stop drinking how to get rid of that problem.
I have teeth problem as usual a little bleeding in the morning while brushing the teeth what should I do?
I have a cavity problem in my teeth and also smell very bad when someone gets close to me what should I do please suggest.
Im 26 male, unusual secretion of saliva in mouth n I unable to stop myselfin swallowing it, least once in a minute, from last 3 yrs, getting thinner, weaker day by day, mental disturbance, cant concentrate. Loosed confidence, career destroyed. Please help me out.
Sir I had faced accident at the age of 13 years and I lost my teeth, and now I am 22 years old so I think to fit my new teeth is it harmful to me?
I have gap of near about 0.4 mm between my two upper front teeth, can it be treated? If yes, then how much it will cost?
I usually breath from my opened mouth at night. And drop lots of saliva on pillow. How can I cure it? because my nose are always blocked.
I have halitosis problem feom years. No problem with my teeth as It confirmed dentist. No problem in my stomach it was confirmed by my physician. No sinus as it met ent specialist also. My dont know my problem.
A person's looks can be greatly dented by presence of a missing tooth. The effect often trickles to denting their speaking, eating and ultimately their self-esteem. Health wise they will compromise the oral health of a person for there will be increased pressure on the adjacent teeth which may impact negatively on the bone structure that supports it. While there are traditional remedies for countering this such as using crowns and bridges, many users find them uncomfortable and limiting. Besides, they don't avail the permanent function they are expected to as replacement teeth. Thanks to modern science though, dental implant surgery is now possible to provide patients with functional tooth restorations that are long lasting.
What are dental implants?
These are basically artificial tooth roots that are placed into the jaws of patients with missing teeth so that they can hold replacement teeth. The artificial roots will be cemented such that they will blend in with the existing jaw to become a part of your mouth. They are usually placed during dental surgery where titanium will be placed in the jawbone that will then fuse with the existing jawbone to provide a strong foundation for the replacement tooth.
Situation you may need implants...
There are various situations that put people in need of dental implants and replacement tooth. First is when they need to replace a damaged tooth. You could also get one when you want to eliminate weak teeth in your mouth, replace a damaged tooth or want to replace a knocked out tooth that may have experienced trauma. Also, you could get a dental implant when you want to take care of weak teeth that result from bone loss due to any gum disease.
What the procedure involves?
First, the patient has to visit a doctor for assessment on whether he is the right candidate for the procedure. If you are, the doctor will determine if other procedures need to be performed before the surgery such as bone grafting; especially if your bone structure is weak. The doctor may use dental x-rays to determine if the gums are strong enough to withstand implants. Then the bone will be drilled if it's ready to create room for implant placement. Thereafter, the area will be left sutured for about a week so that implants are firmly in place and then removed. After the gum has healed, a metallic post is then placed, which will offer support to the crown that will be laced to act as the replacement tooth.
With proper oral health, dental implants can last a really long time. Brush and floss daily so that no materials accumulate under the implant. For anyone suffering from damaged tooth, dental implants are the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.