Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Dehradun and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SashendraYour feedback matters!
I have developed tingling sensation/numbness mostly in sole and palm.However sometimes it is felt at the other part also.I have also developed pain in my shoulders. With the input of medicine(Jalra M 500/50),the diabetese is under control.I am also suffering from gas formation in my stomach which always disturbs me while i amm attending a meeting/conference. Please help. 48 yrs.Male
Sensitive pain in lower side of brain, continued for last one year. Stretching in lower portion of brain and neck. Not able to sleep turning body left. I would be highly thankful if you can help. Please tell.
Eptoin 100 mg and clonotril-0.5 morning dose and lopazam 10 mg eptoin 100 mg clonotril-0.5 night dose taking from last month patient body and mind uncontrollable same like fully alcohol drunken, female patient, is seizures can be treated with these medicines. Best way to cure.
Hello,. I am 42 years old and I am suffering from severe back pain. I have this pain for last 2-3 months and I am not getting relief from so. Not only this but I have a pain in my legs also but not much as my back but it makes it difficult for me to climb stairs as my home is on the the second floor. I am suffering from migraine also so I have headache most of the times. I am using various ointments and medicines but there are of no help. I need a immediate help. I consult a doctor long time back for the treatment of the diabetes and blood pressure and I am consuming the same medicine for so long (zoryl m1 and repace h). Pls help me.
I have been operated for brain tumours in 2012, in 2013 again operated for the same and kidney tumors, I had recovered, in 20150 it started pain in my back and hips, the doctor asked me for spinal mri and its found multiple internal tumors in my spinal cord, I have been operated for it on 11 January 2016, now I have pain in my thig and hips but well than last months, please tell me how much time it take to reduce my pain?
My age is 31 due to stress and work load I feel a lot of weakness inside and my hands shiver I feel sexually weakness also m not able to give my 100%.
Epilepsy is a very common in general population. It can start at any age but its curable in most of the cases. The most important thing is proper diagnosis and proper treatment. It's important for the family members to make a video of the event when somebody's getting attack.
The word epilepsy brings to mind visions of people frothing at the mouth and rolling on the ground. However, epilepsy affects each patient in a different way. This can make it hard to recognize at times. In the more serious cases of epilepsy, an epileptic attack can make a patient injure himself or develop other life threatening conditions. In rare cases, epilepsy can even cause death. Thus it becomes imperative to understand how to deal with epilepsy.
Treatment options for epilepsy can be categorized as medication, surgical procedures and dietary changes.
Medication for epilepsy is prescribed on the basis of the symptoms presented and the type of epilepsy the patient is suffering from. In most cases, seizures can be controlled with a single type of medication, but in others, the doctor may need to prescribe a combination of medicines to control epilepsy. These forms of medication do have side effects and hence any reactions to the medication must be immediately brought to the doctor's notice. The dosage for epilepsy medication may need to be varied with time. An epileptic patient should never discontinue medication on their own.
Depending on the type of seizures and the area of the brain affected, a doctor may advise surgery in cases of severe epilepsy. Surgery can help reduce the number of seizures experienced or completely stop them. Surgery to treat epilepsy is of many types. Some of the common procedures are:
1. Surgery to remove tumor of any such conditions that may be triggering the epileptic attacks
2. Surgery to remove a small section of the brain from where a seizure originates. This may also be referred to as a lobectomy.
3. Multiple subpial transaction or a surgery that involves making a series of cuts in the brain to prevent the seizures from spreading to other parts of the brain.
4. Surgery to sever the neural connections between the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
5. Surgery to remove half the brain's cortex or outer layer
A diet rich in fats and low in carbohydrates can help reduce seizures. This is known as a ketogenic diet and aims at making the body break down fats instead of carbohydrates. It can cause a buildup of uric acid in the body and thus should be practiced only under the guidance of a dietician. In cases where epileptic attacks are triggered by malnutrition and birth defects, taking vitamin supplements can help lower the frequency of seizures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm a 16 year old girl. I suffer from sleep paralysis. I feel suffocated, helpless, and I can't move at all when I wake up from sleep. I can see everything. My eyes are open. But I can't move at all. I try a lot to scream and call my mom or someone to wake me up but all in vain. I can't even move a finger. I shout internally in the hope that voice will come out. But it doesn't. I have to remain like that only. I get scared and helpless. Its terrifying. I don't wanna go to sleep sometimes because I'm scared that this will happen again. Please help me.
I am suffering from sleep paralysis while going to sleep frequently and sometimes after going to a deep sleep I maintain a healthy time and I do yoga this sleep paralysis bothering me a lot because of this disturbance is occurring in my daily life.
I am a 18 years old guy. Whenever I sit cross legged, I'm experiencing numbness in my legs due to obstruction of blood flow. What might be the reason and suggest me some remedies to prevent it from happening.
I get anxious and thoughts worries thinking makes me sleepless at night, maybe insomnia effecting my health n routine, I get upset and depressed oftenly. Kindly help.
Hi past 1 months I have pain in front of my skull in right side. I can't touch the skull. I comb my hair it is pain why. please explain.
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.