Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in dehradun. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Painuly
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj PainulyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The obesity epidemic around the world is getting worse day by day, though people are getting conscious about their health as well. Thus, a major portion of the fitness industry has grown around weight loss. It is easier said than done as many people lose their motivation for weight loss somewhere along the journey. There are however some really easy steps that you can follow to ensure that you achieve your goals without them being too taxing on you. Let's look at 5 easy ways to lose weight quickly.
- Take walks, as frequently as possible - Without setting duration, it would be a good idea to incorporate walking into your schedule as often as possible. This will feel like less of a work out but will still burn off many of the calories. Here are some things you can practically do:
- Take stairs whenever possible
- Do house cleaning chores such as mopping or cleaning as regularly as possible as these are great calorie burners
- Park your car a little further away and walk to your destination or meetings
- If availing public transport get off a few stops earlier and walk to your destination.
- Drink water right before meals - This is a great way to reduce portions automatically as drinking water right before a meal will fill up your stomach and result in you feeling not so hungry. Once your meal portions are reduced and continued over a long time this will help you lose weight.
- Instead of focusing on foods you don't like, increase foods you like in your diet - This is very true of most diets as people tend to start having cravings when they deny themselves of food. Thus it is advisable to slowly change your diet overtime and incorporate healthy options such as certain fruits or low calorie snacks that you like and slowly replace the unhealthy options.
- Use TV time as a quick exercise opportunity - If you are sitting in front of the TV, you can start a small regimen of doing a few free hand exercises when the commercials come up. Use every day objects near you as weight or as support platforms to do exercises while you don't have to pay attention to what's going on screen.
- Remember it is the journey rather than the destination which matters - Many people tend to get engrossed about the end result and give up midway. You should remember that small things done correctly overtime can help you lose weight quickly and help you keep it off which is equally important.
Are you experiencing a swollen and painful joint and are looking for an effective way to treat it? You can choose homeopathic treatment, which is considered to be ideal for joint pain and inflammation, as it does not have any side effects. When a joint swells up, gets inflamed, or damaged due to an injury, joint pain is experienced. Aging and several medical conditions such as gout, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, general injuries, and sprains are common causes of joint inflammation and pain. A wide range of homeopathic medicines is used for the management of joint pain and inflammation.
Rhus Tox- This homeopathic medicine is very effective in treating joint pain. Both acute and chronic joint pains are cured by this medicine. It is used when a patient experiences marked stiffness in the joints along with intense pain. The medicine treats all kinds of joint pains, starting from rheumatic reasons to injuries caused due to overexertion. Usually, the joint pain gets better with movement and worsens if you are immobile.
Sanguinaria Can and Ferrum Met- Sanguinaria Can is used for treating joint pains which occur in the shoulder. It is most effective in the case of right-sided shoulder joint pains. The right-sided shoulder of the patient may feel stiff and the pain worsens with any kind of motion. The right shoulder joint pain increases during the night. On the other hand, Ferrum Met is used in the case of left-sided shoulder pain. The patient experiences stiffness and cracking in the left shoulder joint along with great pain. The pain increases if you raise your arm and with any kind of movement.
Bryonia and Ruta- These homeopathic medicines are used for the management of joint pain in the elbows. Bryonia is used when the elbow joint pain increases even without movement. It provides sustained relief. The pain is also accompanied by stiffness and swelling in the elbow joint. Ruta, is an effective homeopathic medicine which is used for elbow joint pain treatment, especially when the pain is located near the condyles. Stretching and raising your arms trigger the pain. This medicine is also used in case of inflamed and sore tendons near the elbow joint, which cause pain.
Other homeopathic medicines such as Actaea Spicata and Rhododendron are used in the case of treating joint pains in the wrist. You should consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner before taking medicines for joint pain.
Feeling stressed out? Don’t reach for the pills just yet; there is a better option out there. Almost all conventional methods of treatment come with side effects, no matter how effective they are. Why not opt for an equally effective method, but without side effects, yes you heard it right! Homeopathy is a method of treatment that is effective and free from side effects.
Here are some homeopathic remedies that can help you de-stress:
1. Be active: Feeling stressed of late? Time to get your running shoes on. Research proves that exercise is one of the best remedies for stress, activities such as running and swimming release ‘endorphins’ in the system, which uplift your mood. So go for an early morning jog or a late evening swim, whatever suits you just make sure that you get some exercise on a regular basis.
2. Diet: Stress can result from an improper diet where the body is not well nourished. The body needs its share of various vitamins and minerals to function optimally. So it is important to eat a well balanced meal and avoid eating junk food. Eating unhealthy food can cause reactions in the body that lead to various diseases.
3. Be connected: Being connected does not mean being connected on social media, rather forming and nurturing ‘people to people’ connections. Talk to people, getting involved in team activities and participating in various sports. Form meaningful relationships with others so that you have someone to listen to you when you feel weary and low. Staying isolated can cause symptoms of stress to aggravate.
4. Start a hobby: If you don’t already have one, spend some time doing things that give you pleasure. It can be something that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Doing such activities will keep your mind active and reduce stress levels.
5. Medications: Apart from the above, homeopathy has medications such as Nux Vomica which is used to reduce anger and impatience. For people who are stressed due to overwork, Kali Phos is an effective remedy. In case of prolonged grief such as the one resulting from a sudden demise in the family, Natrum Mur and Ignatia are advised.
Hair loss often starts as a problem we tend to brush aside until it actually starts showing up in worrying quantities on the hair brush. Suddenly, we observe our scalp to be more visible, there is more hair in the shower drain, on our shoulders and on our seats.
It is common to shed around 50 hairs in a day but when this dramatically changes to 150+ a day, you need to take action as quickly as possible.
These alternative ways will help ensure you don't suffer from any hair loss. These include:
- Having a dry scalp can also increase itchiness. It would be a good idea to use natural oil on your hair before you wash it if that's the reason behind your itch.
- Sensitivity to a new product may be causing a sudden itchiness in your scalp. So, if you have switched to a new shampoo, mousse or anything else, do try abstaining from applying it for a few days to see if the itchiness subsides.
- Instead of scratching, pat or rub the sensitive area with the flat of your fingers. 4. When your scalp feels itchy, try and distract yourself. The more you think about how itchy your scalp is, the more it will itch. While scratching your hair does lead to hair loss, the good news is your hair will grow back because the damage is not permanent. However, it is not advisable to keep scratching your head because you'll just lose more hair. 5
Homeopathic treatment to deal with hair loss:
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is a homeopathic treatment that is used to treat hair loss. It promotes hair growth in spots where hair loss has occurred.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is an excellent homeopathic remedy to treat hair loss as it promotes hair growth. It also eliminates dandruff from the scalp.
- Natrum Muriaticum: This homeopathic remedy is made from sodium chloride and is used to treat hair problems resulting from skin complications. It is also recommended for women who face hair loss from menstrual problems. It treats dandruff and hair disorders due to hormonal imbalances.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Low libido is fundamentally a functional and emotional issue, which can lead to long term issues in terms of the relationship of the individual as well as the mental health of the patient. Homeopaths trust that it can be dealt with exceptionally well by homeopathy. Homeopathy can treat your low sex drive created by a number of reasons, ranging from depression, hormonal imbalance, and low self-esteem to unhappy marital relations. It helps in lifting up your mood and gets rid of the problem from the very root.
Loss of sexual desire over a period of time is one of the symptoms of low libido. In case it is experienced suddenly, one may need to take a look at neurological issues. Less drive for sex, repellent to sex, and absence of joy in sexual activities are a part of the many symptoms of loss of libido. The treatment relies upon the cause behind the low sex drive.
How soon would you be able to see the results?
A homeopathic solution for your low sex drive can take more time to show results when compared with allopathy treatment, keeping in mind the side effects you encounter. Since homeopathic remedies are usually personalised, you have to ask your homeopath when you can hope to achieve the results promised. However, once relief is felt, you need to stop taking the medication. In case you are not seeing the results for a prolonged time, you may want to talk to your homeopath about changing the medicine or dosage.
How homeopathy function to support libido?
Homeopathy works by fortifying the body's own particular healing system. Your homeopath will recommend pharmaceuticals after an exhaustive assessment of your case to discover the cause and degree of the loss of your sex drive. They will make inquiries regarding your closeness with your partner.
Homeopathy treats the basic problem, which might be the reason behind the low sex drive, as discussed previously. There are a number of cases in which low libido might manifest with no other reasons in the background. Homeopathy offers promising solutions about enhancing low libido. Here’s how:
- Treating the basic disease
- Treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Reducing stress and enhancing your stretch coping mechanism
- Replacing your antidepressant medicines at whatever point possible
- Enhancing your temperaments and improving your sex drive
You may also want to treat related ailments in order to improve your libido. For instance, hypothyroid and diabetes improve the interpersonal association with your partner, help you reduce weight in case you are obese, and assist in reducing stress as far as your job and personal relationships go. Change over to mild solutions, for example, homeopathy, for depression, tension issues, if that is the hidden cause.
Lichen planus is a skin rash triggered by the immune system. It’s not known why the immune response occurs. There may be several contributing factors, and each case is different. Potential causes include:
- Viral infections
Sometimes lichen planus occurs along with autoimmune disorders. While it may be uncomfortable, in most cases lichen planus is not a serious condition. It’s also not contagious.
However, there are some rare variations of the condition that may be serious and painful. These conditions can be treated with topical and oral medications to reduce symptoms, or by using drugs that suppress the immune system.
Symptoms of lichen planus
- Purplish-colored lesions or bumps with flat tops on your skin or genitals
- Lesions that develop and spread over the body over the course of several weeks or a few months
- Itching at the site of the rash
- Lacy-white lesions in the mouth, which may be painful or cause a burning sensation
- Blisters, which burst and become scabby
- Thin white lines over the rash
The most common type of lichen planus affects the skin. Over the course of several weeks, lesions appear and spread. The condition usually clears up within 6 to 16 months.
Less commonly, the lesions can occur in areas besides the skin or genitals. These may include:
- Mucous membranes
- The scalp
There are also variations of the condition more common in the middle east, asia, africa, and latin america.
What are the causes and risk factors?
Lichen planus develops when your body attacks your skin or mucous membrane cells by mistake. Doctors are not sure why this happens.
Lichen planus can occur in anyone at any age, but there are certain factors that make some people more likely to develop the condition. The skin form of lichen planus occurs in men and women equally, but women are twice as likely to get the oral form. It’s very rare in children and older adults. It’s most common in middle-aged people.
Other risk factors include having family members who’ve had lichen planus, having a viral disease like hepatitis c, or being exposed to certain chemicals that act as allergens. These allergens may include:
- Iodide compounds
- Certain kinds of dyes
- Other medications
- Diagnosis of lichen planus
Anytime you see or feel a rash on your skin or lesions in your mouth or on your genitals, you should see your doctor as soon as possible. Your primary care doctor may send you to a dermatologist if a diagnosis of lichen planus is not obvious, or if your symptoms are making you very uncomfortable.
Your primary care doctor or dermatologist may be able to tell that you have lichen planus simply by looking at your rash. To confirm the diagnosis, you may need further tests.
Tests could include a biopsy, which means taking a small sample of your skin cells to view under a microscope, or an allergy test to find out if you’re having an allergic reaction. If your doctor suspects the underlying cause is an infection, you may need to have a test for hepatitis c.
Treating lichen planus
For mild cases of lichen planus, which usually clear up in weeks or months, you may not need any treatment. If the symptoms are uncomfortable or severe, your doctor can prescribe medication.
There is no cure for lichen planus, but medications that treat the symptoms are helpful and some may even be able to target a possible underlying cause. Medications often prescribed include:
- Retinoids, which are related to vitamin a and are taken topically or orally
- Corticosteroids reduce inflammation and can be topical, oral, or given as an injection
- Antihistamines reduce inflammation and may be particularly helpful if your rash is triggered by an allergen
- Nonsteroidal creams are applied topically and can suppress your immune system and help clear up the rash
- Light therapy treats lichen planus with ultraviolet light
There are other things you can try at home to complement your prescription treatments. These include:
- Soaking in an oatmeal bath
- Avoiding scratching
- Applying cool compresses to the rash
- Using otc anti-itch creams
Talk to your doctor before adding otc products to your treatment plan. This way you’ll be certain that nothing you might take will interact with prescription medications you’re taking.
Some of my friends have suggested to do the ozone therapy for the heart blockages please suggest me on this.
I feel very distracted these days. I had a fight with my best friend. We did not talk for three no now and I feel really isolated. No Frnds in college. There is no sense of belonging. I can't go out and socialize bcoz I don't have time nd I am studying for entrance. So I always stay in the house. When I get out I don't know what to talk to people. I am less focused on my work. Nd can't perform good becoz of no communication. Should I join mental asylum.
Diabetes: Symptoms, Causes and Treatments
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person experiences high blood glucose levels either because the body produces inadequate insulin or the body cells do not respond properly to the insulin produced by the body. Patients with diabetes often experience frequent urination (polyuria), increased thirst (polydipsia) and increased hunger (polyphagia).
There are three types of diabetes:
1) Type 1 diabetes
The body does not produce insulin. Some people may refer to this type as insulin-dependent diabetes, juvenile diabetes, or early-onset diabetes. People usually develop type 1 diabetes before their 40th year, often in early adulthood or teenage years.
Type 1 diabetes is nowhere near as common as type 2 diabetes. Approximately 10% of all diabetes cases are type 1.
Patients with type 1 diabetes will need to take insulin injections for the rest of their life. They must also ensure proper blood-glucose levels by carrying out regular blood tests and following a special diet.
2) Type 2 diabetes
The body does not produce enough insulin for proper function, or the cells in the body do not react to insulin (insulin resistance).
Approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes worldwide are type 2.
Some people may be able to control their type 2 diabetes symptoms by losing weight, following a healthy diet, doing plenty of exercise, and monitoring their blood glucose levels.
Being overweight, physically inactive and eating the wrong foods all contribute to our risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Drinking just one can of (non-diet) soda per day can raise our risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 22%, researchers from Imperial College London reported in the journal Diabetologia. The scientists believe that the impact of sugary soft drinks on diabetes risk may be a direct one, rather than simply an influence on body weight.
3) Gestational diabetes :-
This type affects females during pregnancy. Some women have very high levels of glucose in their blood, and their bodies are unable to produce enough insulin to transport all of the glucose into their cells, resulting in progressively rising levels of glucose.
Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes :-
The symptoms of diabetes occur because some or all of the glucose stays in the blood, and isn’t being used as fuel for energy. The body tries to reduce blood glucose levels by flushing the excess glucose out of the body in the urine.
The common signs and symptoms of diabetes include:
> Increased frequency of urination, especially at night
> Frequently feeling thirsty
> Weakness and fatigue
> Unexplained loss of weight
> Genital itching or thrush
> Blurred vision
> Increase in healing time of cuts and wounds
People with diabetes can benefit from education about the disease and treatment, good nutrition to achieve a normal body weight, and exercise, with the goal of keeping both short-term and long-term blood glucose levels within acceptable bounds. In addition, given the associated higher risks of cardiovascular disease, lifestyle modifications are recommended to control blood pressure.
Medications used to treat diabetes do so by lowering blood sugar levels. There are a number of different classes of anti-diabetic medications. Some are available by mouth, such as metformin, while others are only available by injection such as GLP-1 agonists. Type 1 diabetes can only be treated with insulin, typically with a combination of regular and NPH insulin, or synthetic insulin analogs.
In countries using a general practitioner system, such as the United Kingdom, care may take place mainly outside hospitals, with hospital-based specialist care used only in case of complications, difficult blood sugar control, or research projects. In other circumstances, general practitioners and specialists share care in a team approach. Home telehealth support can be an effective management technique
We all have used homeopathy as a cure, and we know from experience that it works. This complementary modality of healing works on the principle of ‘like kills like’. All homeopathic medicines are derived from natural sources and are then diluted and ‘potentized’ to make them safe.
Here are a few common ailments that respond very well to homoeopathic medicines:
Common Cold- Allium Cepa (onion) which causes tearing in the eyes and dripping from the nose, is a frequent remedy for common cold and hay fever. It is very effective when there is a watery, and burning nasal discharge from the nose. Oscillococcinum, Bryonia, Belladonna, Arsenicum Album and Aconite are also excellent cures for influenza. Bryonia is especially useful in treating body aches that accompany fever.
Shock and Trauma From Injury- Arnica (mountain daisy) is the best remedy for trauma due to injuries and is an excellent first aid. It also helps to reduce pain and speeds up the healing process.
A Sore Throat- Aconite, Arsenicum Album and Belladonna are very good. Aconite helps during the onset of a sore throat while Belladonna is helpful in curing tonsillitis.
Nerve Problems- Hypericum (St. John's wort) is the first medicine to consider for injuries to the nerves or to parts of the body rich with them, like the back. This medicine is especially good for treating shooting pains.
Psychiatric Ailments- Ignatia (St. Ignatius bean) is most effective in treating acute grief, anxiety, and depression, especially due to loss of a loved one.
Cramps- Magnesia phosphorica (phosphate of magnesia) is the most effective remedy for cramps, including menstrual cramps.
Indigestion- Nux Vomica (poison nut), Aconite, Carbo Veg and Pulsatilla all treat indigestion. Nux Vomica is especially useful in relieving symptoms of flatulence, constipation/diarrhoea and heartburn. Carbo Veg is extremely useful for getting rid of gas after food.
Sprains-Rhus tox (poison ivy) is the medicine of choice for people suffering from sprains and strains. It’s especially useful when the person suffers from more pain when he starts moving after resting. It can also treat symptoms of arthritis and flu.
Remember to take these medicines in the 6th or 30th potency only. If you are suffering from minor pain or discomfort, you should take the medicine 3 times a day but if the discomfort is severe, you can take the medicine every 1 to 3 hours, tapering off later.
If you do not observe at least some improvement even after 24 hours of taking the medicine, it probably is the wrong one. Consider taking another medicine or better still, consult a homoeopathic doctor. It is also best if you treat yourself for non-threatening acute conditions only and go for professional care for chronic conditions.