Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in DEHRADUN. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh Deep SinghalYour feedback matters!
She has diabetes nd she even takes medicine nd rarely she eats any sweet thng or sugar thn why it is so tht he blood sugar level is high like 215 or 169 nd so. Also he blood pressure goes down to 170.
Need BP Monitor for Home. Which Brand is Better and giving accurate results for monitoring BP. So that we can control it.
Please provide me some diet chart as per my cholesterol cholesterol total-226 mg/dl triglyceride-309 mg/dl HDL-32 mg/dl LDL-132 mg/dl VLDL-62 mg/dl Non HDL-194 mg/dl.
I am taking starcad b25 mg For bp Now its normal. I am concerned does this medicine cause sexual dysfunction or ed Is it safe to tale? I am 24 years please advice.
She is feeling pain near heart. Ecg is coming normal. Can you tell me the reason behind the pain. Thanks.
Hi if I am sitting my heart beat is normal. Sometimes if I am doing some work my heart beat is running fast is there problem or not?
From many years my BP comes 90/130 and some times 85/135 and 40 also. I have anxiety problem from many years. Taking alprex. 25 mg sos. I should take BP medicine or not.
Hello gynecologist Mam, My Preg confirmed on August 2015 28th (4 week) Ges sac measures 3MM and Yolk sac identified On sep 4th New guy missed me for sex O sep 11th 2015 (6 weeks with fetal pole imaged and heartbeat 117) On oct 16th 12 weeks On dec 18th 20 weeks My delivery date on May 1st week Please let me know is there my ges sac DNA will change after early preg confirmed due to this new sperm or my old pregnancy only progressing still? Please advise me.
From last 3 days I having a normal chest pain. It occurs and suddenly stops. Is it a acidity or something else.
My age is 64 and I am having diabetes and BP, which are under control. My Blood Sugar PP is 151 and BP is 120/80 (taken today). Daily in the night I am having continuous cough, for the past one month. I don't have asthma and wheezing problem and also fever of chest pain. Kindly advise whether it is due to heart problem or some other reason. Kindly advise. N. Manoharan.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when there is a vascular event in the brain causing a blockage of blood vessels or a rupture of vessels causing hemorrhage. The brain cells are starved of food and oxygen or are assaulted by a barrage of harmful agents released as a result of hemorrhage, suffering reversible or irreversible damage. Dead or disabled brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients may lose control over parts of the body or lose the capacity to speak, think or remember.
Strokes can be mild to severe and require immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and a stroke patient is ideally treated by a multidisciplinary team of experts. At various stages of treatment, the attention of doctors specializing in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Critical Care, Medicine, Radiology and Physical Medicine may be required. Besides, good nursing care and physiotherapy are essential for better recovery from stroke.
Types of Stroke-
- Ischemic Stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. The commonly seen underlying causes are atherosclerosis (which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels) or embolism (blood clot formed elsewhere reaches the brain circulation and blocks a smaller blood vessel). Other rarer causes of ischemic stroke are trauma, hypotension, vasospasm, etc..
- Hemorrhagic Stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel ruptures into the brain. This can be caused by high blood pressure, weakened vessel wall due to atherosclerosis, or vascular malformations like aneurysms, AVM, or cavernomas.
- Transient Ischemic Attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini-stroke. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature, and may happen repeatedly.
Treatment of Stroke:
A. General Treatment: Most cases require supportive management to prevent the secondary complications of stroke, so that the patient gets adequate time for the brain tissue to recover functions. Medicines are administered to control brain pressure, prevent convulsions and aid brain tissue recovery. Paralysis of muscles, difficulty in eating, drinking, breathing, controlling urine etc. make the patient highly dependent. Physiotherapy is essential for good recovery of impaired functions. It is essential for family and friends to encourage the patient and involve themselves in supportive care to prevent depression from setting in and for robust rehabilitation.
B. Specific Treatment of Ischemic Stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes presenting early. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is again useful only if the patient reaches early. This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
- Decompressive craniectomy: Large ischemic strokes cause a rise of brain pressure which may cause death. To reduce brain pressure, decompressive craniectomy surgery may be required if medicines alone are not effective.
In this, a large part of the skull on one side or in the front may be removed to allow space for a swelling brain and relieve intracranial pressure.
C. Specific Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to remove blood clots, repair vascular malformations and for relieving pressure within the skull. The need for surgery depends on the cause, location and volume of hemorrhage besides other factors. It is an important decision, and the family needs to consult with the neurosurgeon and understand the implications thoroughly before agreeing or disagreeing for treatment.
- Endovascular coiling or embolisation: Act as standalone treatment or as an additional aid to surgery especially in vascular malformations like aneurysms or AVMs.