Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Dehradun. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Divye ChhabraYour feedback matters!
I do long running on my toes. This has lead to pain in my calf. What can I do to reduce the pain, as well as increase the strength of my calf?
मेरी पत्नी 64 वर्ष की है उनके पुरे शरीर में दर्द होता रहता है घुटने के निचे बिशेस्कार रात में नींद काम आती है दर्द के कारन मेनोपॉज हुवे करीब २० साल हो गए
I am a student and I work a lot in the college as well as in the fieldwork I got body pain so what to do?
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is damaged. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and help in absorbing shocks. Tears are formed in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to bend the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Prevention and treatment
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
How to get rid off knee pain permanently? How to get good sleep in the night by not waking around 2.30-3.00 AM in the morning and sleeping till 6.00 AM At least? How to get rid off body pain which is occurring throughout the body? How to avoid sleep during day time by not feeling tiredness?
Generally occur in two major cause of heel pain -
Planter fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis.
If the pain is under heel bone its planter fasciitis due to inflammation of thick tissue, repetitive stresses and strain and microtear of planter fascia.
If the pain found at the back side of heel that's Achilles tendonitis its attached your calf muscle or heel bone. It happens due to continuous running, sports injury physical activity and may also contribute to risk of RA
Common causes are -
Tight calf muscle,
Limited range of movement,
Five helpful tips for heel Pain.
Do stretching exercise of calf muscle,
Ice pack therapy,
Avoid prolonged standing,
A pain management specialist helps comprehensive treatment for neck, back pain and also chronic and cancer pains.
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.
I am suffering from distrubbed sleep and even small sound I hear while sleeping suddenly wake up. Suffering from laziness and my age 41 male, married. And I feel very weak and body pains.
I am 70 year old man living a retired life at dehradun. For many years I am experiencing body ache throughout my body. The pain increases when I rest after some physical work and try to get up eg. When I get up in the morning after sleep my body becomes very stiff and painful. As I start walking, the pain reduces. What medicine should I take?
Since last few months, I feel very lethargic and lazy and have pain in thies and ankles specially in morning. Feels like have I have no energy left at all.
My mother 50 years old, last 20 days she is suffering wit body heat, headache, loose motion, leg pain, fever. Last week suddenly bp was high. We had blood test it was negative. Iam very worried about my mother. Kindly suggest me what can I do.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.