Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Dehradun and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh SharmaYour feedback matters!
Why I have a red eyes? Why I get this frequently? What is the reason? What should I do? I don't want answer.
Every morning when I wake up my head feels a little heavy or like someone is pressing my head. Also my eyes burn when I wake up. What should I try? I have 7 hours of sleep everyday.
After cataract operation my husband has heaviness/drowsiness in the head/eyes esp. In the evenings. He is a very nervous person and after the operation he has become worse. Does not want to go anywhere, impatient in a traffic and wants to return back. He has to do the second eye operation. Soon but looking to his condition I feel apprehensive.
To help avoid workplace - dry eye and eye strain, follow these eye ergonomics tips.
1. Stay at arm’s length: try placing the monitor 25 inches away from your face. No measuring tape? put your screen an arm’s length away.
2.Take care of glare: while many new phones and laptops have glass screens with excellent picture quality, they also produce a strong glare that can aggravate the eyes. If you use a glass screen device, try a matte filter for your screen.
3. Give your eyes a break: strain occurs after long, continuous periods of reading paper or viewing digital screens up close. follow the 20-20-20 rule: take a break every 20 minutes by looking at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Looking into the distance allows your eyes to relax.
4. Defy dry eye: many newer office buildings have humidity - controlled environments that suck moisture out of the air. In winter, heaters on high can further dry your eyes. Try a desktop humidifier to add localized moisture.
Keep artificial tears at hand to help lubricate your eyes.
5. Lighten up: when your screen is much brighter than your surroundings, your eyes have to work harder to see. Adjusting your environmental lighting can reduce eye strain. Also, try increasing the contrast on your monitor.
I have defect of short sightedness, and it is from three years and I am wearing a glass of -2.00. Can it be cured by naturally or any clinically treatment? If yes, how?
I have pain in my eyes very hard what can I do I take medicine but still pain is there can you give me any good medicine to my eyes I have very pain tell me please what can I do this is very hard to handle it my eyes give me rlp kk.
My daughter is 2 weeks old and has blocked tear ducts on both her eyes. The eyes are always watering and she wakes up to crusty eye discharge shutting her eyelids. Im giving her massage and warm compresses, I need to know whether breast milk squeezed into her eyes can do good as my mother says still I'm worried to try without any Dr's suggestion. Kindly help me with this query I cannot see my little one shed tears all day long.
Doctor My left eye power is -0.75 sph -0.50 cyl axis 80 and right eye -1.50 sph. I used Bio medics lens and now bought soft lens 59 which shows letters with shading when using computer. I don't thing its manufacture defect. Please advise. Thank you for your time.
I have repeatedly occurring pain in my left eye. Its bulging like feel and thoroughly coming tears. What should I do.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.