Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Dehradun and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 Years old Since my birth I didn' t have any eye problems but now a days am getting squint frequently. Two years before I practised to get squint jus for fun. I think those funs are the reason for my squint. And I felt severe pain in eyes. Even I can' t work for 5 hrs continuously. Dont know what to do. Is this disorder or some kind of vitamin deficiency? please suggest me some medicines to get cured.
Eye fatigue is a condition where the eyes are constantly tired and in some amount of pain as well. The other symptoms of this condition can also include swelling, burning and itching. Other ailments and conditions in the body like computer vision syndrome and others can cause this condition as a side effect and it should be referred to an ophthalmologist at the earliest for treatment.
So what else do we know about tired eyes or eye fatigue? Here are our list!
- Causes: Usually, this condition may be caused by activities that require the constant movement and focus of the eyes for tasks like reading, writing, focusing on the glare and flicker found in computer screens or on smartphones, and more. Also, driving for a long time and exposing the eyes to too much sunlight can lead to this condition. Video games and handheld devices may also lead to the same. Also, the presence of more serious ailments in the body as well as computer vision syndrome that hits roughly 50 to 60% of workers who use computer screens on a daily basis and for long hours, can lead to this condition. Lack of sleep and a poor diet that does not have plenty of nutrients can also cause this condition and other related symptoms.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms of this condition including redness, itching, burning, swelling, watery eyes and much more, which will leave the eyes feeling tired. Also, blurred or cloudy vision may be experienced by patients for whom this condition has become more severe. The patient will also end up facing difficulty when it comes to focusing or driving for long periods of time, and headaches may take over after a few hours of reading or computer screen times. Also, related symptoms include acute pain and dull aches in the neck and shoulders which can trickle down to the upper back region.
- Treatment: The best treatment for this condition is with the help of lifestyle changes like cutting down your working hours and taking frequent breaks. Also, you could place your computer screen at least 20 to 26 inches away from your face while you are working so that your eyes are at a more comfortable distance and do not get affected too easily. You must also try and limit your screen time in terms of hand held device usage. A doctor may also carry out an eye exam and prescribe artificial tear inducers or bifocal lenses to deal with the problem.
Persistent eye fatigue must be checked by an ophthalmologist who will arrive at a proper diagnosis and treatment.
She is wearing spectacle of power -7bifocal at age of 19 now regularly watering and when she feel emotions eyes goes watering. Does it sign of blindness? Suggest?
What is the disadvantages LASIK Surgery? If LASIK Surgery is fail? Any fear precaution before LASIK Surgery?
Under eye skin, just near the lower eye lashes become itchy, flaky and swells. What's the remedy for it ?
My dad is suffering with water stored below the eye he consulted number of doctors but no use do you have any solution.
He has a problem in his eyes ,it becomes red and several head ache ,he doing a night shift job in call center, any solution for this problem.
Last 2 to 3 month. I am feeling not clear vision to my eyes. Whenever I use cold water to my eyes. It gives good result up to 10-15 minutes. After that feeling not clear vision. Is it increases my permanent eye point or temporary because of any problem? please tell me briefly.
Hi I feel dryness in my eyes during summers. Also red eyes. Accompanied with little headache. What cud be d cause?
I feel pain in my eyes. I always have to apply hair, if do shampoo on my hair again I have the pain. It's difficult while blinking the eyes. Pain on head also.
I am using spectacle till last 8 years I had hypermatropia I can not see farsight. N the power on my left eye is 4.00 n right eye is 3.00. Whether my spectacle remove or not please give me best medicine. To remove spectacle.
I am 25 years old my specs number are 3.5 in bth the eyes I want to reduced that plzz help me how to reduce that?
Headaches are common among working people as accumulated stress results in headaches and tiredness. Among the many different causes, strain on the eyes is one of the leading reasons for that annoying headache.
Taking an eye exam is recommended in case you are having headaches. The issues may not always be related to the eyes, but still a thorough eye check up is recommended. Strain in the eye is caused when small muscles present in the eye have to put in more effort than usual. Symptoms include aching, tired eyes with blurred vision and accompanying headaches. Such headaches are caused because of the following reasons:
Astigmatism: The cornea is in abnormal shape and causes people to squint when they want to focus, and this leads to bad headaches.
Hyperopia: This disorder is also called farsightedness. In case of this disorder, the images are focused by the eye behind the retina, and causes blurred vision and strain upon the eyes. Headaches occur as a result.
Presbyopia: This kind of problem occurs when the lens hardens and becomes inflexible with old age. This makes it hard for a person to focus and causes sore eyes along with headaches.
All disorders or conditions of the eyes can be rectified with the use of prescribed spectacles and contact lenses. For people already having glasses, regular eye check up should be carried out. Your power may increase which you are unlikely to notice, so regular check ups are vital.
Other causes: Headaches related to eye strain and eye problem can also develop from other causes. They are:
- Glaucoma, an eye disease also causes headaches. This disease is characterized by the development of a fluid in the eyes, which in turn causes the internal eye pressure to shoot up. This pressure fluctuation can lead to headaches in many cases of glaucoma.
- Cataract affected people suffer from headaches as well. Cataracts develop in individuals due to ageing. The lens becomes cloudy, and the vision gets blurred and slowly diminishes. The eye has to give more effort resulting in eye strain and accompanying headaches.
Prevention: In case you are having headaches, and you are not being able to find out the reason behind it, you should have an eye check up. Eyes are very sensitive and added strain to them causes headaches. People who use computers for long hours are affected by headaches due to eye strain. The best prevention is to have an eye examination and switch to glasses or lenses if required.
Headaches are of various kinds and arise from different factors, but eye strain is known to cause a lot of headaches in people who do eye stress involving activities.