Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Dehradun and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Basnt KoliYour feedback matters!
My eyes is etching fro. Last 2 weeks a d want to do solution for my this eating eyes. If you have any solution then tell me I am waiting for this replay.
I am 21years old girl, I have eye sight so I consulted the doctor and undergoes some tests then doctor said PRK lasik treatment ki good for my eyes, so I am going to take lasik treatment, so, will you please suggest me what precautions I have to take after treatment and how many days I have wear sunglasses?? And I am software engineer is it ok if I work with system after 15days of the treatment??
I have red eyes with last three days and I can't sleep well in the midnight also so please what should I do??
Lazy eye can develop in children if they have vision problems, squint etc. Children less than 6yrs will not be able to tell you about eye problems. It is very important to have their eyes examined even as early as 3yrs. After the age of 8 or 9 yrs treatment of lazy eye becomes very difficult.
What is hypermetropia? What are the causes for that? How it can be prevented and how it can be corrected?
In was recently hit by a ball on my eyes and I feel it's going to be a problem to me when I grow old. What should I do.
I am having power in my eyes it is increasing higher now it is -2.25. please tell me any home remedy. If I do laser does it affects? please ans it.
My three years old daughter have eye problem which may be squint or false squint........ I want to know about this issue , can you help me out of this?
I am suffering from hyper panic disorders from 6 years. I can't live without medicine even 1 day. Almost everyday I face panic attack. My heartbeat racing too fast, shaking body inside, sweating, cold flash during panic attack. Its really too painful. I checked up too many doctors, doctor gave me medicine but after taking 1, 2 month of medicine slowly same problems start. Many times I get side effect. Then I slept almost 24hours, even I can't ate. Now I also get a new big problem when I move my eyes I get a extreme facial shock over whole face and into head. And 3 times I suffered sleeping paralysis at morning time. I have also hyper depression, frustration, I can't go anywhere without medicine and mother. Is this problem can be cured fully for lifetime? I want to live. Please doctor help me. I want to cure fully please.
Hi. Doctor am not getting sleep I feel sleepy but when I will go to bed and close my eyes I Will never get sleep I will not think also anything bcs of not sleeping proper I feel very tired next morning I can't do any work pls help me pls suggest any medicine or something pls help.
I use to wear specs every day, how can I improve my I sight, is it possible to improve? If it is possible by yoga or something else, can I wear specs during that treatment?
My Blood pressure will increase while I running time causing problem as my both eyes are rounded. I not able to see picture clearly. Picture looking same like cloudy. My running stamina suddenly slow. My breath is going to high that not in control. My leg not move more 1-2 step after its happen. I fall down suddenly. Kindly how I control it?
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty