Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Dehradun and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.P.KalraYour feedback matters!
My 1 year old son goes to day care. I am working and I have heard that day care/creche gives sleeping pills to babies. Please tell me how can I assure that my baby is not getting these pills. I will be back home by 6 in evening. He will be active for sometime and then have milk and sleep. Please help me to know that I am not risking my son's health.
My daughter is 4 years old. Tomorrow night she fell down and her lips got cut by teeth and her nose was bleeding. Please help me.
I am 26 years old and breastfeeding. I get leg cramps in the night. I take my meals on time. I drink milk at night but still because of the pain I can't sleep the whole night. Please prescribe any medicines.
Now my baby is 5month old. I want to know the best contraceptive method which I can use for next 3yrs.
My sister's son is 2 years old. I think he is not normal. He never speaks even with his mother. He likes to play all alone and does not like anybody disturbing him. Also he never respond to anybody even to his name. He is least bothered who comes or goes. He never makes eye to eye contact with anybody. He not even feels shy or afraid on seeing unknown people. He simply sits alone for hours together with his toys. Also when he wants something he will take us to that place but will never ask for it. I mean never speak a word. Is there any problem. If yes then what is the solution. Or are there any tests that has to be done.
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is used in transporting oxygen through the bloodstream and is essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Insufficient intake of lean meat
- Pure vegetarian diet
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment.
Related Tip: Permanent Cure for Anemia - Only Through Homeopathy
Behalf of my wife am posting this question. Recently we are blessed with a baby girl. Delivery was not normal. My wife keep feeding for more than 30-40 mins. She keeps feeding else baby cries. Per day she feeds more times. Can someone pls advise what kind of food my wife have to take? We don't know really is this is a problem or milk is not enough for the baby from mother. How to check it? I heard moms use to feed for 10-15 mins. But in our case duration is not normal. Pls clarify us what we have to do.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.
How to handling my child in health and food and all kind of life and tell me how to take care my wife health after born baby.
I am 34 years old. My new born baby (male) 4 months old now but his ureter is very big found. And urine is retain. His bladder is small size. How can I do doctor.
My baby fell at my home. After 2,3 minutes his forehead was in reddish and also swelled. We use little thromphophob and also ice pack for reduction of swelling. He s having little temperature. What can I do immediately.?
My Son is 17 Months old. I am a working mom. My son was on breast feed till 2 days back. Off late my son has stopped eating breakfast because he sucks milk whole night. From few days he eats only 2 mouths of food in the afternoon and nights. We tried everything, changing the taste, texture, type of food. My sister suggested me to apply female No bite and to stop breast feed so that he will start eating food. I did the same. My son literally cried for 2 nights and yesterday he was quite okay. But still his food intake is the same. I am emotionally feeling very bad. Whenever I lie down he kisses me for milk. He hugs me, looks at me in a sad way. Some of my office peers suggested me to feed him milk for 2 years. My question is what if he still doesn't eat food. At-least before I was relieved he was getting my milk. Pleas suggest me what should I do. Can I continue feeding him for another 6 months. My mom told by now my milk would have become sour. Is it true.
My daughter had turned 2 months old today. Her vaccination hexavalent pneumococcal conjugate is due by end of 2nd month. Can I delay this vaccination by another 1 week. As there is no provision for vaccination in this town.
Hi sir, My Sister son have a problem with PROLAPSE. He is 3 year child. It is a serious problem or not. How to rectified that one sir ?
Hi sir, my wife is 3months pregnancy n it was by ivf. Now we were done blood test today tsh is. 09 n t4 is 2.03. Is there any risk to baby? Please suggest me a good solution please.
My daughter 2.8 years age often complaints about stomachache; more often before passing stool. What can be the reason and what is the remedy.
My daughter age is 4 years and 9 months ab tak bolna nahin sikhi hai please advice me what can i do to solve this problem?
My daughter is 7 years old and she is having bed wetting problem. Please do suggest me what should I do ?
Preconception planning: Be prepared to give your baby the best from the start.