Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Davanagere and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shreeharsha T. V.Your feedback matters!
I hv ylow teeth. M thnkng to go fa scaling n polishing. N if results r nt good. Thn I wl go fa bleaching. Is it ok? Sugest me.
I want to know about oil pulling. Is it good for oral health? Which oil is very useful in oil pulling. Is mustard oil is good or not for oral health. Can you help help me.
I have an upper tooth cleaned up 2 yrs ago. It's irreparable. It is not shaking but if something goes inside sometimes it pains. Any cure available without pulling it out?
What causes tooth decay?
Bacteria and food can cause tooth decay. A clear, sticky substance called plaque is always forming on your teeth and gums. Plaque contains bacteria that feed on the sugars in the food you eat.
As the bacteria feed, they make acids. The acids attack the teeth for 20 minutes or more after you eat. Over time, these acids destroy tooth enamel, causing tooth decay.
Things that make you more likely to have tooth decay include:
- Not brushing and flossing your teeth regularly and not seeing a dentist for checkups and cleanings.
- Eating foods that are high in sugar and other carbohydrates, which feed the bacteria in your mouth.
- Not getting enough fluoride. Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making teeth more resistant to acids produced by plaque.
- Not having enough saliva. Saliva washes away food and harmful sugars, so it helps protect your teeth from decay. A dry mouth may be caused by a condition such as xerostomia or sjögren's syndrome, by taking certain medicines, or by breathing through your mouth. Older adults are more likely to have a dry mouth.
- Having diabetes.
- Chewing tobacco.
I daily brush 2 times a day and I use a powder (manjan) to brush my teeth but still it looks yellow. I know that this is due to gums that release some liquid that make teeth yellow how can I treat that.
14. Visit your dentist for a regular advice and cleaning tips.
Hi. I have throat pain from last 3 days. I am not able to swallow any thing. please advice me what to do.
I have a dental problem in my last teeth injured with brush & I not able to eat food properly please suggest me good treatment.
I accidentally sipped hot water. Though I spit it out at that time but now my mouth is paining very much till my neck. What should I do now?
I don't feel hungry at all and even feel lazy to eat anything. I skip meals on regular basis. I even tried eating tonics to increase my hunger but it only effect me for 1 or 2 days and than it also stop working. Honestly, I'm not so regular in eating medicines or tonics. Now I'm 19 and slowly all my body parts are getting weaken. Like my eyes they recently got specs of about -0.5 and my teeth started aching due to lack of calcium. In short, all the energy which my body has saved is now vanished resulting me in a poor health condition. N even though I know the reason, I can't tackle it. For me eating food is like the biggest responsibility. Need help please and I look very thin.Please tell.
Whiteness inside mouth I do not know what is this, please help, some doctor said it may cause cancer.
1.Baking soda - Baking soda is one of the best ingredients that you can use to get rid of yellow teeth. It will help remove plaque and make your pearly whites shine.
Recipe: Mix a quarter teaspoon of baking soda with a little toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this gritty mixture and rinse with warm water. Use it once or twice a week. Alternatively, you can combine baking soda with lemon juice, white vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide.
You can make a whitening mouthwash by mixing one tablespoon of baking soda and one and a half teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide with one cup of cold water. Rinse with the mouthwash two or three times a day.
You can also scrub your teeth gently for at least two minutes with diluted baking soda. Do this twice in the first week, and then every 15 days. It is essential to note that excess use of baking soda can strip your teeth of its natural enamel.
2. Orange Peel: Cleaning your teeth with the fresh orange peel on a regular basis will reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth. Rub orange peel over your teeth every night before going to sleep. The vitamin c and calcium in the orange peel will combat the microorganisms throughout the night. Do this for a few weeks and you will notice effective results.
If the fresh orange peel is not available, you can use dried orange peel powder.
3. Strawberries: Strawberries contain a good amount of vitamin c, which helps make your teeth whiter. Grind a few strawberries into a paste. Rub the paste on your teeth gently. If done twice daily for a few weeks, the yellow tinge on your teeth will vanish.
Another option is to mix the pulp of one strawberry with one-half teaspoon of baking soda and spread the mixture onto your teeth and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse out your mouth and brush your teeth with toothpaste to get rid of any residue.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide: The mild bleaching effect of hydrogen peroxide can help make yellow teeth white again. Rinse and gargle with a mouthwash that has hydrogen peroxide. Make sure not to swallow the hydrogen peroxide. You can also make a paste of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide and gently brush your teeth with it. Later, brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste. Use hydrogen peroxide with extra caution as it can cause irritation of the gums and make your teeth sensitive.
5. Lemon: The bleaching property present in lemons can also help get rid of yellow discoloration. In fact, gargling with lemon juice and scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel is one of the best ways to make your teeth white again. Mix together a few drops of lemon juice and some salt. Apply the mixture on the stained teeth and rub the paste vigorously over your teeth and gums. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Do this twice daily for about two weeks to get rid of tartar and the yellow tinge.