Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Darbhanga. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
I am 32 yrs old man. I take tension a lot. Due that I am very negative. I feel stressed a lot and I have baldness.
What are the best foods, exercises and practices if any for improving memory power and concentration?
My husband looks at all the girls. But I do not mind. But before someday he told me he has some feel towards my sister even my sister is a mother of 2 child. Recently I noted he is looking at my sister I asked to him, he is saying he is feeling like want to see my sister in bad thought. I feel so problematic I feel like want to leave my husband. Is there any solution?
Sir, I am a studious boy. But since dec 2014, I am not able to concentrate in my studies and I lost interest in all the activities I used to excel in. I doubt if it is the primary stage of depression. Please help me to get over it. Thankyou!
She is suffering from acute mental imbalance, emotional ups and down. Therapy and medicine are sounding useless.
My mind is not working properly in study ,the learning capacity is also decreased than before, what I do?
I cannot live in the present moment. I recently (2 months ago) broke up with my girlfriend and since then something is going in my mind every now and then. I can't control my thoughts. Please help me get out of it. please
Why I can't control my emotions? Am a degree student! Mentally am very stressed and I feel very bad Is that any psychological condition.
Male 25years old. I think have an addiction of game called clash of clans. M worry about that. Playing 2-3hrs daily. What should I do to come out of.
MY brother is suffering from past two years from depression. He do self talking, get aggressive, hyper. Pls help me to resolve his problem.
11 tips to overcome loneliness
I have seen in my practice as a counsellor too often, that people are living in big cities, full of people, but they feel very lonely from within and at the brink of anxiety and depression.
Simply defined, loneliness is a condition of emotional disconnect, socially feeling misfit and never ending solitude. Lonely people often feel insecure and pessimistic about finding desirable and compatible friendships. Poor self-esteem and an underdeveloped sense of one's worthiness, likeability and attractiveness prevent the lonely person from taking risks and venturing out into new relationships. Hence, they typically lack confidence and enthusiasm to pursue new relationships or nurture existing ones. As a chronic condition, it can be emotionally and psychologically debilitating.
Contrary to what many people believe, loneliness isn't just a result of being alone or an absence of friends. It is a deeper problem that is caused by thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, imperfection and shame. Chronically lonely people are often holding onto pessimistic predictions about the prospects of finding companionship, social connections and supportive relationships.
The lonely often suffer in silence. For many, it is hidden behind a facade of normalcy. While smiling and having fun, many hide their core feelings of loneliness. For these people, loneliness is not a reflection of what is happening in their lives at any given moment, but what occurs secretively and silently within them. When around people they know, they pretend to be upbeat, positive and happy, while at the same time feeling unworthy and insecure. Since it is a shame-based experience, it is typically kept a secret.
Lonely people inadvertently put themselves in a catch-22 situation: social opportunities seem like a heavy burden fraught with the potential of rejection or abandonment. The more you feel lonely, the more you feel inadequate and unworthy, the more you stop believing anyone will ever like or love you, the more you isolate. With a belief of potential rejection or abandonment, the lonely person is unable to put their best foot forward in any given social situation. Hence, loneliness feeds on itself.
The causes of loneliness are varied and multi-dimensional, including social, psychological and physiological factors. The major cause of chronic loneliness is often attributed to early developmental factors such as a child's lack of attachment to their adult caregivers who only conditionally love (love with strings attached) their children. Similarly, childhood neglect, abuse and abandonment are early childhood factors that eventually manifest into adult loneliness.
Since loneliness is a deeply embedded psychological experience (condition), having enough friends can never result in feeling secure and lovable. Building up one's self-esteem and ability to love, respect and care for oneself is fundamental in solving and healing the deeper psychological conditions that create chronic loneliness. Counselling helps people to explore their early childhood wounds in a safe and confidential space and learn new ways to 're-parent' themselves by learning to love, acknowledge and appreciate themselves.
Life is too short to waste on suffering from core loneliness. Please heed to my suggestion: open up, take a chance and access the hidden part of you that deserves true and loving companions. Heal your childhood wounds. Learn to love yourself and eliminate loneliness from your life!
The following are 10 tips to battle and conquer loneliness:
1. Catch your inner critic's attempts to sabotage yourself. Pay attention to self-degrading thoughts like 'I am too fat for anybody to want to date' I wish I were funnier and had interesting things to say 'or' people never seem to understand me,
2. Replace negative self-talk with affirming messages, such as 'I am perfectly lovable just as I am' and 'I welcome love, friendship and support into my life'
3. Fight the urge to isolate. Isolation validates your fears that you are not worthy of the love and support you absolutely deserve. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do exactly that which you are dreading -- like putting yourself out there.
4. Weed out the toxic relationships and create space in your life for relationships that fuel your spirit. You can't grow lovely succulent vegetables with a large patchwork of weeds.
5. Nurture your support network. Even if there is only one person to start with, you can build on it. Don't underestimate the importance of what you have to offer.
6. Expand your social network. Online social sites such as meetup. Com is an ideal place to meet people and to explore hobbies, interests and social groups.
7. Open your self-up, take risks, and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Since loneliness results in isolation, experiment by sharing aspects of yourself, including experiences, feelings, memories, dreams, desires, etc. This will help you feel more known and understood.
8. Ask for what you need. Find your voice. Tell people what you need from them to alleviate the loneliness. Friends respond to direct messages for help and support. Give it a try, you might be surprised!
9. Take action. Don't wait for an invitation. Be willing to take a risk, be proactive and invite people to share in your life, whether it is for coffee, lunch, a walk, an event or a gathering in your home.
10. Recognize the importance of being alone and enjoying solitude. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Peace, quiet, freedom, space and the opportunity to connect with your deeper self.
11. Consider therapy. Counseling is something that is healthy and proactive that can help you overcome the self-defeating behaviors that exacerbate loneliness. With the support of a therapist, you can change your thinking and relationship patterns and achieve the life you want!