Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Pediatricians online in Cuttack. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pravas Chandra Subudhi
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Pravas Chandra SubudhiYour feedback matters!
He is very good
My 10 months old baby has got cough and running nose, cold. Please suggest if giving nebulizer helps in speedy curing along with medicines? Will it have any side effects?
My baby is 1 year now. Baby boy. He is teething. Started eating basic food- khichdi, roti, dahi, paneer, dal, egg etc. At times will only take milk and biscuits or some fruits. Takes coconut water. 1) whats the ideal diet for a 1 years old , in terms of quantity and 2) what all should be included in the diet 3) calcium an iron should be continued for how long? 4) spices and salt can be introduced now? 5) can give honey?
Our body has certain mind body principles. According to Ayurveda, and these are known as doshas. The three doshas include Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas. They create an equal balance in the body and are found in every system, organ and part of the same. Vata governs a child’s creativity, communication, nervous impulses and intelligence whereas, Pitta takes care of digestion, growth, transformation and metabolism. Lastly, the Kapha takes care of calmness and serenity.
You can know about the constitutions of these three doshas with the help of an Ayurvedic expert. This way one can know what illness or problems their child might face in the future. Here are a few Ayurvedic elements that can be beneficial for your child in general:
- Ragi, rava and wheat can be added to soup or boiled with goat milk or cow milk.
- When the teeth of the child start to grow, you can give them rice gruels.
- Bocapi moneiri, pierorhiea and elitoria are herbal Ayurvedic medicines that are helpful for a child’s brain development.
- Memory and intelligence can be increased or enhanced with the help of herbs like Brahmi, Shankhpushpi etc.
In case your child is suffering from some of the common illnesses, you can opt for the following Ayurvedic treatments:
- Abdominal pain
- Ajamoda and saunf powder boiled in water and given in lukewarm water
- Jeera or Saindhav dissolved in water
- Common cold
- Tulsi juice with honey, two to three times a day
- Ginger juice sips with lime in lukewarm water
- Sharbat or bilwa fruit pulp with sugar in water.
- Pomegranate fruit powder is given with pomegranate seed juice.
- Throat infection
- Give yashtimadhu stick for chewing
- Salt and turmeric powder boiled for gargling
- Clove, sugar, saunf and puffed rice soaked in water
- Elaichi powder and yashtimadhu powder with ginger and lime powder
- vidangarishta seeds with milk
- Palash beej powder with honey for licking
Ayurveda is a natural method for healing health problems and various kinds of illnesses. It not only eliminates the disease but also creates antibodies for further use. Ayurveda causes no harm or side effects and can be taken by people of any age. The kind of medicines or remedies you need will depend on the kind and type of doshas you have.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My 15 month old son is constipated. We gave him an oral laxative, still he is not passing stools. It has been the case since a month. Please advise.
My son child of the age of 1 month 26 days is making sound. He makes sound after feeding milk and sometimes even also when not needed. It seems he is having problem of breathing occasionally. This may be due to other reason. So needs doctors advice in this regard. Moreover does s dey clinic provide vaccine for immunizing children as I will have to give the vaccines which needs to ne administered at the age of 2.5 month. For this vaccines for pneumonia 2 and rotavirus 2 is being administered there or not?
Your kid's weight should be a real matter of concern for you. In today's world, the number of obese and overweight children is increasing at an alarming rate. Gaining excess weight and being obese poses the risk of numerous health problems in children. The disorders are diabetes, heart diseases, asthma and many others. Obese children face a lot of problems in their social lives, are teased and neglected. This causes lack of self-confidence and self-esteem in obese children. They develop a negative body image and depression. However, by taking proper measures, your child can regain normalcy. Eating disorders may also occur in obese children, and they are also likely to develop substance abuse habits.
The major medical conditions that an obese child can face are:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Problems in bones and joints
- Sleep disorders
- Liver and gall bladder disorders
Is your kid having the right weight?
The growth rate in children varies with time and stages. Hence, it is difficult to tell whether your kid is overweight. You should measure your child's BMI to find your answer. BMI or body mass index uses the height and weight measurements of a person to calculate the amount of body fat and is used for screening obesity problems. BMI is effective in general and provides accurate data. In some cases, it may be imperfect. In case your kid has a high BMI for age measurement, other assessments are made to detect obesity. The assessments include skin thickness measurement, diet evaluation, physical activity and family history.
How to check obesity in your kid?
In order to rectify obesity, a lot of changes must be made in a child's regular habits and schedule.
- Food patterns: You should feed your child a wide range of fruits and green, red, orange and yellow vegetables. Having a proper breakfast reduces chance of obesity and should not be avoided. Focus on healthy cereals and fruits. Other than reducing the intake of chocolates, desserts and fried junk food, food items containing hidden sugar should be avoided. Go for low sugar food items. The meal times of your child should be fixed, and this pattern should be followed. Also limit having outside food. Avoid foods, which contain trans fats.
- Physical exercise: Your child should be involved in regular physical exercise or workout. Let them go out of home and exert themselves, as this would keep them fit and away from obesity. For obese children, exercise will burn calories and help in losing weight.
Your kid's weight should really concern you. You should avoid your kid getting obese and make him/her follow all necessary precautions. In case you suspect obesity in your kid, get the BMI measured. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.