Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Cuddalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. G P Sekar M SYour feedback matters!
I have blackheads in my face how to remove them all. When I compare face to body, my body colour is whiter than my face#my face looks darker than my body. Is there any prescription for it or any ointment, fruits etc.
I have uneven skin tone and hyper pigmentation on my face, arms and neck. I have hypothyroid as well. Now I have started observing facial hair on my face. Please help. I am just 23 years old and my face looks so dull.
I am 22 yr old. I had lot of pimples before 6 yrs. But now it cured. I took isoaret tablet. But now I have holes on my face. Suggest me what to do now?
Dark circles in front of my eyes and whenever I get out in sunlight its look very bad and also start pain in my eyes and head.
I am tan from head to leg but I want to look fair in six months. And my under arms are also black and some sort of smell comes from my under arms what should.
Sir I want to ask you that over a few years ago I was infected by chicken pox so by this infection I got some scars on my face. So can you tell me that how to remove that scars?
Doctor I have lump on the left side of my neck near to the Adam's Apple. I have pain on eating foods. What is it?
I am 27 years old I have many hole and bad sign on my face it give me pain when I touch it please give me a way, please.
I have thyroid and I am taking thyronorm 75 mcg current thyroid is 2.270. I am getting my periods 56 days. Now light spotting from 2 days. Hpt is negative. Is there a chance of pregnancy.
Plzz suggest me good sunscreen for normal skin or dry skin. Tell me how to maintain good skin and hair during summer.
Dear sir I'm suffering from fungal infection. Using mone (mometasone furoate cream) on my face Daily night. Is it harmful?
Hii my name Is Nitin, my skin become black day by day. Even I never go infront of sunlight. Please tell me solution.
Hello doctor my wife is upper thyroid she taken daily eltroxin 100 tab for 25 year but her skin turn on black why which is problem and which doctor consult skin problem ya others specialist pls given suggest.
I have a birth mark in my eyes. So it is possible that it can be removed by some technology. Or it can be not seen by someone. So please jus tel as soon as possible.
I am 52 years old. Lately I see a lot of pigmentation and dark spots on my face. Please suggest what I should use or do I need to see a doctor. Kindly help. Thank you.
Facial Melanosis is the effect of excessive Melanin and abnormal Melanocyte under the skin. This results in hyperpigmentation problem; which frequently changes from brown to black and is usually found on the cheek and brow areas of the face. Mostly occurring in females as compared to males, it is found in the age group of over 30 years. Pregnancy, sun exposure, stress, hormone treatments including contraceptive pills, certain medications, and some cosmetics are some of the factors triggering Facial Melanosis.
Treatments for Facial Melanosis:
Facial Melanosis treatment might be very slow to respond. Sometimes, it also leads to irritation in sensitive skin, thus resulting in post inflammatory pigmentation.
Usually, a combination of following measures is helpful:
- Discontinuation of hormonal contraception
- Lifelong, year-round sun protection with a high SPF sunscreen. Reapply it after every 2 hours in case you are outdoors during the summer. Along with this, wear a broad-brimmed hat.
- If applicable, choose cosmetics which have sunscreen.
- Use a mild cleanser and if your skin is dry, don’t forget to use a light moisturizer.
- Application of Anti-Melasma Cream – The main function of Anti-Melasma cream is to reduce the Melanin by interrupting Tyrosinase (enzyme containing copper found in animal and plant tissues which support the secretion of melanin) activity. The active elements in the cream which are intended for Anti-Melasma are Licorice Acid, Retinoic Acid, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Tranexamic Acid, Azelaic Acid and Ascorbic Acid.
- Usage of Sun Protection Cream – You should look out for those sun protection creams with SPF factor above 15. Also, Sunscreen should be Para-Aminobenzoic Acid-Free (PABA-Free). The presence of Micronized Titanium Dioxide, which is an active element that works as UV-A and UV-B reflector, becomes an issue of importance while selecting the perfect sunscreen.
- Peeling – Superficial or the epidermis layer of your skin can be chemically peeled off and this must be done by a specilized dermatologist or under the supervision of a dermatologist.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.