Find numerous Acupressurists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupressurists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupressurists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Mr. SherifYour feedback matters!
Hair loss is a common problem faced by both men and women. Though it is not debilitating or life threatening, but it can pull down a person’s self-image and lower their confidence level. The good news is that this issue can be addressed with hair transplant procedures. A hair transplant procedure involves harvesting hair follicles from one part of the scalp and transplanting them to a bald spot or sections of thin hair. The results of a hair transplant procedure are permanent and hence this a much sought after procedure. However, there are a few things you should know before undergoing such a procedure.
Who is a suitable candidate?
Hair transplant surgeries are not suitable for all people. Firstly, it cannot be used in cases of complete baldness. The minimum age to get a hair transplant procedure is 18 years. You must also have a stable supply of donor hair. There are two types of hair transplant surgeries:
- Follicular unit extraction: In this procedure, individual hair follicles are plucked from all over the scalp. The hair grafts are then transplanted to the bald spots.
- It does not create a scar
- It is faster to heal
- The donor site is not prominently visible
- It is a lengthy procedure
- It may be more expensive
- Follicular unit transplant: In this procedure, the doctor simply removes a section of the scalp from the back of your head with tissue and hair follicles. The tissue is then divided into individual grafts such that each graft has a few hair follicles. These grafts are then transplanted to the bald areas.
- The procedure takes less time
- Higher individual graft survival rate
- Scar at the back of the head
Side effects of hair transplantation
Both types of hair transplants have minimal side effects. Pain killers can help relieve discomfort and pain that follows such a procedure. In some cases, the scalp may be swollen or inflamed after the procedure but this is a temporary condition. Some people may also suffer from bleeding at the donor site and slow healing of the scar tissue.
How to take care post transplantation?
You must avoid strenuous exercising for a few weeks after the surgery. Also, avoid exposure to the sun and anything that can make your scalp sweat like saunas. This is because sweating increases the risk of infections. Your doctor may also prescribe a hair growth lotion that must be applied regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.