Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. V.thangaveluYour feedback matters!
I am 34 year old male from India. I'm married and have a 4 year old daughter. I have been under treatment for depression, social phobia, and anxiety disorder for about 6 years. I always feel tired and sleepy while my colleagues are always active. I am taking Prothiaden 75 mg once in a day for two weeks now, as my doctor suggested me. Can you tell me why I always feel tired and sleepy? Is this due to the depression? What can I do to feel energetic every day. Also i'm very less talkative. Is this any kind of mental problem? My father is also less talkative. When he talks he does not talk clearly. Only murmurs. I think he too suffers from depression as he always like to sleep and do not want to do anything. He has partial blindness also.
Hi sir I have a long site problem please guide me how to reduce that! please because this s irritating me.
Its been 3 months, I see floaters in my left eye. Suggest remedy to cure this. Also sometimes I feel something is there in my left eye, by massaging with fingers it goes away. Is it something serious?
Sir I am having eye problem. Firstly it started from June. And I took medication from doctor then it reduced and now it started again. Before that I want to precisely state few points that before June 2016 nearly 2 years I waited for colleges from Usa and I got in November 2015 and for some constraints I dropped down. At that time I forcibly put down my sleep at 11 pm and 12 am. And for consultant of Usa colleges I used to sleep at 3 or 4 am. And I got jetlagged at 3 am to 4 am and used to wake up at 11 am in the morning. And in June I got burning sensation in my eyes because of vigorous computer browsing for colleges and replying mails and for Usa universities negotiations now I got an admission in a reputed college in hyderabad. Now the problem here is from 8 am to night 12 pm I use to sit in front of computer and after 6 pm at practice time I am getting mild eye pain and headache and I can't concentrate on studies. Please give me solution and exercise if possible and food diet as well. I am a pure vegetarian. Thanks.
I am 19 years old boy. And I want to remove my specs. But I have a problem in vision. What should I do??
Hllo doctor. .main laptop ko apne kaam k liye bhut use krta hoon .but meri eyes pain krne lagti hai to mujhe kya krna chahiye or kya main zero no. K glasses lga sakta ho k nhi .plz suggest me..
I have a problem in my right eye since last 1 month. Tears coming out of it regularly. What should I do?
There is too much pain in my eyes from few days even though I wear spectacles. What remedy is available.
I have problem with head ace, please suggest me how to reduce that. And also my eyes are getting strained from that, so please suggest the things.
I have problem of not eye contact with others? What I can do for eye contact? Any asanas have for this problem?
I am having some burning in my eyes pls tell me how to react with this problem please tell me some solution on this I am having this from one month.
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
Age-related macular degeneration, also known in brief as AMD or ARMD is one of the most common age-related causes for vision loss. It causes “blind spots” in vision, causing difficulty in activities requiring central vision like reading, sewing, driving, watching TV, computer usage, etc.
How it happens?
The centre portion of the eye is known as retina which has a screen in the posterior portion. For proper vision, light falls on this screen and is then processed to enable ‘vision.’ When this screen is not clear, blurred vision results. It may not cause total blindness but impairs vision including double vision and loss of central vision.
Types: There are two types of AMD, wet and dry.
- Dry: There are yellow deposits known as drusen which form in the macula, and as they grow in size, they impair vision, specifically the central vision. This is the common variant and can lead to the wet form.
- Wet: There are abnormal blood vessels which are formed in the retina. There is leaking of blood and fluid which makes it ‘wet.’ There could be scarring of these leaked substances, which again leads to loss of central vision. Further studies have shown that retina produces a protein knows as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) which promotes the generation of new blood vessels, normally required for the production of new blood vessels. However, increased VEGF causes excessive proliferation of blood vessels, leading to macular degeneration.
Risk factors: Though age related, there are definitely some factors which put one at a higher risk for AMD
- Genetics: AMD is hereditary and runs in families
- Gender: Females are more prone to develop AMD than males
- Ageing: People above 60 are at greater risk
- Smoking: Direct and passive smoking contribute to AMD.
- Obesity: Accelerates the pace of AMD and severity of complications.
- Hypertension: Increases the chances of developing AMD
- Ethnicity: Caucasians are more prone to develop AMD as their lighter skin and eye color is more prone to sun damage
- Sun exposure: Increased sun exposure accelerates the onset of AMD
- No symptoms in the initial stages
- Gradually, there is impaired central vision, affecting activities like reading, driving, and computer usage
- Color perception is impaired
- A routine eye exam will reveal the yellow deposits which actually cause the condition.
- An angiography may be done after injecting a dye to detect blood vessel growth.
There is no cure, but progress can be delayed
- Anti-angiotensin agents reduce pressure in the eyes and stop development of newer blood vessels
- Vitamins help slow down loss of vision
- Vision aids to correct vision