Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. V.r.vijayaraghavanYour feedback matters!
I have cold , if winter season starts means I suffered with cold and dry cough sometimes I can't able to breath properly in the night time I have pain in face and eyes also.
I was playing cricket 15 days back and during game. Tennis ball hit on my right eye. After immediate swollen. With few recommended drop. My wound inside eye is going to be ok but the sharpness in view is not coming yet. How can I suppose to relieve from that problem?
I am 28 year old male. I have low eye sight in my both eyes [L: -13.50 Syl 1.75 R: -11: 00 Syl 1.00]. I consulted about this to the doctor. The doctor advised me for ICL. I have a few question in my mind before operating ICL. 1. Is it for life time? 2. What is the success percentage in India? 3. After ICL operation doctors give some precautions to the patient, but my question is here that this is only precautions I have to taken or this is for life time? What is your suggest about ICL.
My eye sight is getting weak, I am working in office as data entry operator on computer. Please tell me the best eye drops which can help me in recovering my sight.
Hey doc :) I have an long site problem when I was 15. So I didn't used any specs yet. So if I not did anything means my eye power will get less or what. How to increase my eye power .except eating carrots?
My mother is 47 years old! Housewife! Daughter of 1. Had 2-3 miscarriages in her medical history! Has reading glasses! Sits on her phone for very often! From past month she is complaining of dizziness and blackness in front of her eyes, this episode happens every once in a week. Should I be worried? Or it's just the strain from the phone?
I have colour blindness. Is any treatment is available in medical science for my problem? Please help.
I have read on internet about washing eyes with rose water n drinking green tea helps in improving our eye sigh. Then why we can't use rose water daily for washing our eyes?
Dear doctor I want know about by my aunt. She is near 50 year old. Past 6 year she donate blood from that time she is not well properly always feel Fatigue, some time face become scarlet and coming tears from eyes without any reason. She's taking mecobalamin plus & Pirox Dt 20mg medicine. If she didn't take medicine any day, she come back on that position. We didn't understand how this reason create? Please doctors consult me what to do?
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"