Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T.Rajendra Kumar
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Management of Sugar Disorders
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of High Sugar Levels
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. T.Rajendra KumarYour feedback matters!
French fries as" little carbohydrate sponges soaked in fat" at 25 grams of fat, 500 calories, and over 63 grams of carbohydrates, a large serving of french fries can wreak havoc on blood sugar. The american diabetes association notes that starchy foods like potatoes, corn, and peas are" great sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber" but recommends skipping those with added fat or sodium. You can test your blood sugar two hours after eating to find out what effect any particular food has on your blood sugar.
Have this instead: fries are usually the default option when ordering a burger or sandwich, but most restaurants will swap in fresh fruit or a side salad if you ask.
My mother is 45 now. Her uric acid has increased and it became 5.05.will it be harmful？？which food and vegetable she have to avoid？？？suggest please.
My insulin level fasting is 7.83 and glucose pP is 67.24. I have pcod. Is it must to take medicine to control insulin resistance? Or it can be lowered through diet and exercise?
Hello doc, my sister is suffering from diabetes. She is having glucose level in blood 330. And she is suffering from breathing problem. Tell me your advice for it.
डाइबिटीज, कोलेस्ट्रोल को भगाए घर का धनिया
हमारे यहां भोजन को रूचिकर बनाने के लिए उसमें कई तरह के मासाले मिलाए जाते हैं। उन्हीं में से एक है धनिया। क्या आपको पता है कि हरी धनिया में प्रोटीन, वसा, फाइबर, कार्बोहाइड्रेट, खनिज पदार्थ, जैसे- कैल्शियम, फास्फोरस, आयरन, कैरोटीन, थियामीन, पोटोशियम और विटामिन सी जैसे तत्व पाये जाते हैं। ये खाने को तो स्वादिष्ट बनाती है और पाचन शक्ति को दुरूस्त कर डाइबिटीज भागती है। धनिया को दही में मिलाकर पीने से बदहजमी,पेचिश और कोलाइटिस में आराम मिलता है। धनिया, टाइफाइइड व् डाइबिटीज में भी उपयोगी है। यही नहीं धनिया कोलेस्ट्राल को भी संयमित करता है। गठिए की समस्या हो तो पानी में धनिए का बीज डालकर काढ़ा बनाकर पीएं। इसके सेवन से ब्लड में इंसुलिन की मात्रा नियंत्रित रहती है। इसके साथ ही यह शरीर में बैड कोलेस्ट्रोल की मात्रा घटाने और अच्छे कोलेस्ट्रोल की मात्रा बढ़ाने में भी मदद करता है।
Thyroid disease is a condition that affects the thyroid gland, a small, wing shaped gland that secretes the thyroid hormone. The thyroid is controlled by the pituitary gland and its proper functioning. These thyroid hormones are responsible for the metabolism of the body and a slight tweak in the levels can also lead to the onset of thyroid diseases like hyperthyroidism (excessive production of the thyroid hormone) or hypothyroidism (inadequate production of the thyroid hormone), as well as other conditions. The thyroid hormone has a crucial role to play as far as pregnancy is concerned. Let us find out how.
- Estrogen and hCG: There are two distinct hormones that are related to pregnancy, the human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and estrogen. These hormones can cause an increase in the thyroid hormone levels that are contained in one's blood. The hCG is usually created by the placenta and is quite similar to the TSH or thyroid hormone. The hCG is known to mildly stimulate the thyroid gland, which causes greater production of the thyroid hormone. Also, once the estrogen in the body increases, it can lead to higher levels of globulin, which is a thyroid binding substance. This is a protein that takes the thyroid hormone to the blood and is also known as thyroxine binding globulin. When these hormones change on a less than normal basis, it can lead to difficulties in the thyroid reading during pregnancy.
- Nervous System: The thyroid gland is known to be especially important for the development of the baby's brain and nervous system. In fact, the thyroid hormone supplied by the mother in the first trimester will have a direct bearing on the development and growth of the foetus. This thyroid hormone travels through the mother's placenta. Once the first trimester has been completed, the baby will start to produce its own thyroid hormone.
- Enlarged Thyroid during Pregnancy: While the thyroid does enlarge slightly during one's pregnancy, it cannot really be detected merely with a physical examination. While a noticeable enlarged thyroid may point at the advent of thyroid disease, it will need to be properly evaluated as these problems are difficult to diagnose during pregnancy. This is due to the high levels of thyroid in the bloodstream during pregnancy, as well as an increase in fatigue and the other symptoms that are most commonly associated with thyroid disease.
- Hyperthyroidism in Pregnancy: This condition during pregnancy can cause congestive heart failure as well as the risk of preeclampsia, which can cause the rise of blood pressure during pregnancy.
- Hypothyroidism in Pregnancy: This can cause anaemia due to a low count of red blood cells which prevents proper oxygen supply for the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Thyroid disorders are associated with the thyroid gland. A thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped gland situated right at the base of one’s neck. The role of the thyroid gland is to carry out numerous metabolic processes within the body. The brain regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland through a feedback mechanism. There are a number of disorders, both severe and trivial, which could affect the thyroid gland.
Main symptoms of thyroid disorders:
Weight loss and weight gain
Changes in heart rate (arrhythmia)
Frequent mood swings
Sudden bouts of moderate to high fever
Other symptoms include:
Abnormalities or irregularities in menstruation
Brittle nails and dry skin
Weakened muscle tone and frequent tremors in the body
Intake of thyroid hormone pills may prove beneficial. Once you start with the treatment, you may notice significant improvement within the first two or three weeks. Generally, once affected by thyroid disorders, one might have to be on these medications his/her entire life. Over time, this treatment procedure should result in lowering of the cholesterol levels, increased energy; but in certain cases, might throw up side effects in the form of sudden and unexplained weight loss.
Anti-thyroid medications help reduce and regulate the secretion of the thyroid hormone, thus treating certain thyroid disorders (such as hyperthyroidism).
Beta blockers are drugs help in reducing high blood pressure, heart palpitations and controlling heart rate.
In severe cases, such as enlargement of the thyroid gland, surgery is advised by the doctor, in which the thyroid gland is removed. Tumors or thyroid nodules are also treated by this surgical process.
In cases of thyroid cancer, besides the surgical procedure, radioactive iodine therapy (radioiodine) is recommended. This therapy helps destroy the thyroid gland and other thyroid (malignant) cells which may be taking up iodine. However, the side effects of this technique are minimal. This procedure helps to destroy those tissues which may not have been removed by the surgery. If the thyroid cancer has spread to the lymph nodes or to other parts within the body, this particular mode of treatment can be very effective.
Types of Thyroid Disorders:
Hypothyroidism: This is a condition characterized by an underactive thyroid gland. In this case, sufficient thyroid hormone is not secreted in the body.
Hyperthyroidism: This is characterized by an overactive thyroid gland, that results in overproduction of the thyroid hormone.
Thyroid cancer: It is a type of cancer of the thyroid gland.
Goiter: This is a disorder wherein the thyroid gland gets abnormally enlarged.
Thyroid nodules: This is marked by swelling of the thyroid gland.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!