Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Patil
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev PatilYour feedback matters!
I'm a 4 month baby's mom. My tummy seems to be sagging and I could feel skin below navel is like shrink. How to get back to normal tight skin. Please advice.
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: this is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: this is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: this remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and Vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: this is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.
Known as elaichi, this spice is effective in curing nausea acidity, bloating, gas stomach cramps.
-it helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
-it also improves your circulation to your lungs.
- it is a good detoxifier. It helps clean out the urinary tract, bladder and kidneys.
- it is also used for mouth ulcer and fights bad breath.
- it also helps to get rid of hiccups.
I had my periods on 29th April to 2nd May. According to my app I am ovulating today. I observed that I am bleeding today. Kind of periods but the colour is like dirty brown. Is this sign of pregnancy?
I have too much menstrual pain during periods for 2-3 days. On the first day, I suffer from vomiting also. No painkiller is fruitful for me in these days. So may you prescribe any effective medicine for me?
I have period problems which is irregular, I have done my sonography which show there is syst n blood r less in body,
Sir/Mam I did UPT test of my wife which was positive. I am considering that my wife is pregnant as her LMP is 10th of april. But till now I didn't saw early signs of pregnancy like nausea and etc. So is there anything for worry. Or what should I have to do now. And what precautions I have to take. As I want a baby. Kindly explain me everything please.
Uterine cancer of cancer of the uterus is a fairly common type of cancer. In fact, this is the fourth most common type of cancer to affect women. This type of cancer is usually diagnosed in its early stages and hence can be easily treated. However, did you know that this type of cancer can be prevented? This is primarily because most cases of uterine cancer are caused by an increased amount of estrogen as compared to progestin. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Birth control pills: The regular use of birth control pills for at least a year is believed to reduce the risk of uterine cancer by at least 50%. The longer these contraceptives are used for, the more effective they are. The protection provided by them lasts for 15 years after their use has been discontinued.
- Reduce weight: Being overweight not only increases the risk of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure but can also increase a woman’s risk of suffering from uterine cancer. This is because fat cells produce estrogen that further dis-balances the estrogen to progestin ratio. Reducing weight can thus help lower the estrogen levels in the body and prevent cancer. To lose weight, one must keep a strict control over portion sizes, eat nutritious food and exercise regularly.
- Use an IUD: Some methods of contraception not only prevent unwanted pregnancy but also reduce the risk of uterine cancer. Many IUDs or Intrauterine Devices contain progestin. This helps balance the estrogen and progestin levels in the body. Additionally, it also reduces the risk of hyperplasia. This is a condition marked by the abnormal thickening of the lining of the uterus. In many cases, this condition is a precursor to uterine cancer.
- Question Your Family: Genetics can also influence the risk of developing uterine cancer. For example, people carrying the gene responsible for Lynch Syndrome or hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer have a much higher risk of uterine cancer as compared to others. Thus, if you know of family members who have suffered or are suffering from uterine or colon cancer, it is a good idea to undergo genetic testing.
- Broccoli - A super food: Some foods can also help strengthen the immune system and reduce the risk of uterine cancer. Broccoli is one such vegetable. This is known as a super food that can prevent cancer. The best way to eat broccoli is by steaming it. This has the higher amounts of glucosinolate as compared to fried or boiled broccoli. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Hi I am married and I am trying to having a baby but its not happening I don't know I have a problem or my wife dose have a problem?
The physiological process of intercourse involves four stages excitement, plateau, orgasm and climax or resolution stage. Excitement is the first stage which, occurs with the physical or psychological stimuli to involve in sex. Plateau is the next stage which involves much of foreplay in which the partner involved is in physical arousal. Third stage is orgasm which involves the mating of the partners and actual act of sex and ends with the ejaculation of the semen. The last stage climax is the resting stage which most often delays for females and men achieve after the ejaculation of the semen. For those male with premature ejaculation the semen ejaculates too early with the initiation of the orgasm. They lack the control over the ejaculation of the semen.
Who is at risk?
Premature ejaculation is most common for those encountering psychological issues. Anxiety (performance anxiety) is the most common cause of premature ejaculation. Relationship issues, unresolved conflict and having sex for a limited number of times may also cause premature ejaculation.
Can it be treated?
Self-treatment: Males usually try self-treatment options like withdrawing themselves from their partner before the sense of ejaculation, slow thrusting or penetration force and purposeful masturbation before sex. Some may also try the use of extra condoms.
Sex therapy: Sex therapy involves doing exercise to improve the strength of the perineal muscle and increase the control over the ejaculation. This therapy involves Kegel’s exercise, stop – start technique this helps to desensitize the response of the men towards sex. This may also include squeeze technique, which involves squeezing at the tip of the penis near the shaft to hold the ejaculation manually by causing obstruction externally.
Psychoanalysis: Psychology states that men ejaculate too early because of the anxiety and over excitement. Many psychologist states that premature ejaculation can be treated with psychoanalysis, but this is much effective in all cases.
Medication: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are commonly used to increase the serotonin level that helps to delay the ejaculation. Antidepressant drugs or topical application of anesthetics like lidocaine are also used to treat premature ejaculation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!