Doctor in Saigram Ayurveda
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Saigram Ayurveda to be very helpful. Is it painful?
Saigram Ayurveda provides answers that are very helpful. It's very useful
Darunak or commonly known as dandruff, is a disorder that affects the scalp. Dandruff causes white, dry flakes of dead skin cells to shed from the scalp. Although dandruff rarely causes baldness and hair loss, the itchiness of this condition may most certainly be a cause of concern. If white flakes persist for a long time, the person may experience symptoms of seborrhea, psoriasis, or eczema. According to Ayurveda, Darunak is a Vatakapha predominant tridoshaj disease. According to Acharya ‘Sushrut’, Madhav’ and Yogratnakar’, Darunak have symptoms like Itching, White scales like structures, Dryness in the scalp. Along with aforesaid symptoms of Acharya Vagbhatta also considered Hair loss and Numbness of scalp. The Adhisthan (place of origin) of this disease is the keshbhumi (Scalp).
Over time, proponents of Ayurveda have conducted various researches on this disease, trying to find out an effective solution when it comes to dandruff related problems.
Prolonged Treatment for Wet or Oily dandruff:
The scalp skin produces sebum (Kapha), which is an oily substance. This sebum helps in keeping your scalp and hair hydrated. It is a natural process, without which your hair may turn dry and frizzy. However, when this sebum (kapha) is over produced due to certain reasons, you may suffer from problems of the scalp. Over production of sebum (kapha) causes oily scales to appear on the scalp, which may cause severe itching and may also result in infection. Therefore, wet dandruff requires prolonged treatment, whereas it is easier to treat dry dandruff.
Impurity in the blood:
According to Ayurvedic system of medicine, dry dandruff is caused because of ‘Vata Pradhan Kapha dosha’. On the other hand, wet dandruff is caused because of ‘Kapha Pradhan Vata dosha’. As per Acharya Videha Pitta and Kapha are involved in causing darunak i.e. Dandruff. The vitiation of Vata and Pitta in the body leads to vitiation of Raktadhatu(blood) thus giving rise to impurities in the blood. This in turn leads to poor nourishment of the scalp. In such cases, detoxification of blood is also required to get rid of dandruff.
Ayurveda places the problem of dandruff in the category of Shudra Roga, which appears due to an imbalance of all three doshas (Ayurvedic humor). The primary doshas involved are Kapha and Vata.Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes Softness, Stickiness, provides nourishment & lubrication. Vata is dry and rough in nature. In an aggravated state, both doshas as per their predominance cause the production of specific impurities in scalp, which are dry and sticky in nature. These impurities accumulate in the deep tissues of the scalp and contaminate them. Contamination of the deep tissues and aggravated Vata-Kapha Dosha causes itching and flaky patches on the scalp. Due to these factors, the scalp sheds larger than normal amounts of dead epidermal cells, which leads to the problem of dandruff.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment is to generally pacify Kapha and Vata through herbal medicines, as well as a tailor-made diet and lifestyle plan.349813 Also, special herbs are administered to cleanse the body of accumulated digestive impurities.
The Ayurvedic system of treatment for wet or oily dandruff, in particular, is briefly mentioned here:
- According to Ayurveda, dandruff could be caused due to prolonged intake of cold water, Excessive usage of foods that taste salty, Chronic Rhinitis, Irregular Sleeping Habits, Excessive Exposure to UV of sun, Suppressing Natural Urges, Excessive consumption of alcohol, Excessive sweating , Improper maintenance of Hair and using very less or no hair oil for massaging Head and Scalp.
- Ayurveda suggests both topical and internal medicines for the treatment of wet or oily dandruff. The topical medicines are intended to manage dandruff and also provide relief from itching and infection, if any. The internal medicines are intended to detox the blood and also improve immunity, nourish the skin and thereby help in improving the quality of hair.
- If dandruff is caused due to psoriasis and eczema, then there are exclusive medicines to combat the infection, detox the body and nourish the skin and hair.
- Ayurveda suggests that foods like coconut, Indian gooseberry ( Amla), Raisins etc. help in preventing dandruff.
- In addition to these, Ayurveda also suggests various home remedies for effective management of both wet and dry dandruff, like washing your hair with decoction prepared with Neem Leaves or Take powder of Mustard seeds and licorice, make them into paste by adding milk to it and leave it on head for 20min and wash later with water.
- Taking Panchkarama detoxification procedures like Nasyam, Raktamokshnam, Shirobasti, Abhyanga Swedanam under the guidance of expert can also play very important role in the management of both the types of dandruff.
- Accumulated hair and dandruff scales can be made returned to the healthy scalp from unclean combs and brushes. This may irritate the scalp and causes flare of dandruff again. Combs and brushes are the tools for the care of your hair; they should be properly made and well cared to accomplish this purpose. Neem wood combs can work wonder but they should also be regularly cleaned and changed every six months. It can be easily deduced that wet dandruff can be effectively managed and treated by undergoing treatment under Ayurvedic system of medicines.
However, you should avail such treatment under the supervision of an experienced doctor specialised in Ayurvedic medical science.
Stress is a very harmful all inclusive component of the human kind and can be good for us at times so that we can meet deadlines, but an excess of stretch can be very hurtful and can trade off our health physically, rationally, and emotionally. Depression is a very common and primarily created by stress.
When we are bearing overabundance of stress, numerous frameworks in the body can be adversely influenced: the digestive framework and metabolic system, the cardiovascular system, the musculoskeletal framework, the nervous system and the immune system. Excess stretch can likewise affect our mental and emotional health, our relationships with others and additionally the well-being of our bones and make us age faster.
Ayurveda offers a wonderful point of view on stress and depression management. Here are a few natural and Ayurvedic ways that can help relieve stress and depression:
- Basil leaves with Yogurt: Take ten or twelve basil leaves and blend them into yogurt. You can also add sugar to make it tastier. Blend this mix nicely to make a paste. Drink this paste to help get rid of stress.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are the best type of herb to cure numerous kinds of diseases and infections. It is additionally extremely helpful during stress and depression. You can use it and feel its benefits.
- Take Chamomile tea: You can have chamomile tea. It is a successful treatment for depression. It can soothe your body from the inside and also help you sleep.
- Lemon Balm: Put on lemon balm to dispose off the tension and any kind of depression. It keeps up the nervous system working.
- Use ashwagandha: You can use ashwagandha to get alleviation from stress and depression.
- Lemon Juice: Drinking a glass of lemon juice every day is useful. Lemon is the best energizer for our body and keeps us on our feet while providing a cool feeling to the body from the inside.
- Almond with Milk: Take five to six almonds and drench into the water around evening time. Peel off and granulate them the next morning. Infuse this paste into a glass of tepid water. You can also add some honey or sugar to make it delicious.
- Triphala Powder: Using triphala with water around evening time is additionally helpful to recover from stress.
- Cardamom Seeds: You can take five to six cardamoms. Biting their seeds at whatever time in a day has been proven beneficial.
- Amla With Nutmeg: Take some juice of a crisp amla (Indian Gooseberry) and include a couple measure of nutmeg powder into it. Add some rock salt and blend them appropriately and drink it.
- Brahmi: Take a teaspoon of brahmi powder and swallow it with any natural liquid. It will help you channel your energy and work towards something more to distract yourself from stress.
- Yoga: For releasing stress, meditation and yoga are best.
While pregnancy is a wonderful experience for most women, it also brings its fair share of troubles. Nourishing and developing another life inside your body could sometimes be a challenging experience. A lot of health issues can also arise due to it, such as back pain, feeling of fatigue, exhaustion and unbearable cramps.
However, these can be easily controlled or reduced to ensure that pregnancy is a joyful experience if you take proper care of your body. Ayurvedic remedies to make your pregnancy a joyful experience:
- Food cravings should be favored: It is important to eat what you desire. During pregnancy, follow a well balanced diet containing a lot of proteins, starch and vegetables. After the fourth month, you should satisfy all your cravings which are more likely coming from the merging nutritional requirements of the developing baby.
- Balance energy: During pregnancy, it is important to keep a balanced nervous system. This should be done by consuming a diet of plant-based, processed foods along with whole and sprouted grains. Start eating freshly cooked food with olive and coconut oil. Avoid consuming leftover food.
- Avoid certain foods: Try to prevent consuming spicy hot foods, uncooked leafy vegetables and undercooked lentils and beans. These food products can cause gas. Avoid preservatives, chemical additives and artificial flavors as they can cause severe stomach aches.
- Right form of milk: Drink warm non-homogenized milk with ghee. Mix the ghee with one cup of milk everyday to boost the baby’s immunity.
- Ayurvedic oils: Pregnancy can also cause pain in the abdomen area. This can be reduced by massaging your belly with Ayurvedic oil. This calms down your nerves and also helps you relax. Sesame oil and lavender oil are two good choices for this.
- Avoiding morning sickness: Sometimes morning sickness can occur from the sixth week of your pregnancy. Roast and grind cardamom seeds and eat a pinch of it each day. Sip ginger or fennel seed tea to reduce morning sickness.
- Exercise: Pregnancy can make you tired and feel exhausted easily. Practice yoga or go for a walk daily to feel energetic. This is also good for the development of the fetus. Meditation will also help reduce any form of stress and help you deal with the physical and psychological issues of pregnancy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You would surely want your hair to be lustrous, voluminous and shiny. Healthy hair indicates healthy skin as well. A number of factors influence the health of your hair; from your diet to the amount of water you drink to the number of hours you sleep at night.
According to Ayurveda, hair loss is caused because of pitta dosha. Pitta governs our metabolism and digestion. A balanced pitta leads to a healthy body and mind. It controls our general well being. Once you identify the reasons of pitta dosha, it becomes easier to correct it. Typically, bad eating habits, anxiety, and stress cause pitta dosha, which in turn lead to hair loss. Excessive consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol, meat, fried and spicy food imbalances the pitta.
Ayurveda is an age old holistic system of medicine. The Ayurvedic remedies for healthy hair are entirely natural and do not cause any side effect. The various Ayurvedic tenets for healthy hair are:
Diet: Following a healthy diet is important for healthy hair. Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet. This provides the necessary vitamins and minerals for the hair to remain healthy and nourished. Include foods that are rich in vitamin B complex such as almonds and eggs.
Water Intake: You need to keep yourself hydrated by drinking sufficient volume of water (about 2-3 liters) in a day. Drinking plenty of water helps keep your body free from all sorts of toxins.
Salt Intake: Avoid unnecessary use of salt. If possible use less salt and sour (vinegar) at least in summers.
Exercise: Regular cardiovascular exercise can help improving circulation in the body, including the scalp. Improved blood circulation in the scalp means an improved supply of nutrients to the hair follicles. A steady supply of nutrients to the hair follicles helps in keeping the hair healthy.
‘NO’ to Smoke: Smoking causes the blood vessels in the body to constrict, thereby, hampering blood circulation. Impaired circulation of blood means insufficient supply of blood to the hair follicles, a factor that makes them weak and brittle.
Good Sleep: Sleep is a very important part of good health. You need enough sleep to let your body relax. After a hectic routine, even your body needs rest. It is during sleep that most of the tissues are regenerated and rejuvenated. You need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep every day. This is important for staying healthy and fit. Hair growth is also promoted if you get enough sleep.
Most importantly Hygiene: Maintain good hygiene at every point in time. You need to wash your hair regularly to prevent accumulation of dead cells. For this, use a mild herbal shampoo to keep your hair clean. Do not over shampoo as it can dry your hair and cause frizzy hair.
My baby is 1 years and 3 months old. She's having running nose and whooping cough and diarrhoea also. Please give me a remedy for it.
Doctor I have an inside cough, means its not like normal cough its occurs only when I am tried to speaking. What can I do?
I feel like I have cold and I can't swallow food properly and there is saliva been produce continuously and feel like spitting every time. Some thing like bronchitis.
High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. Blood pressure is the force that is felt on the artery walls as the blood flows through it. What happens during high blood pressure is that this force of blood against the arterial walls increases.
People who are physically inactive, smoke regularly, consume excessive alcohol or are diagnosed with other underlying health conditions are at the maximum risks of this condition. Factors such as increased levels of stress, old age, psoriasis and pregnancy also contribute to high blood pressure.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure:
The symptoms of high blood pressure include headache that lasts for several days, nausea, vomitting (rare), vertigo, lightheadedness, double vision, blurred vision, nose bleeding (epistaxis), heart palpitation and dyspnea (shortness of your breath). Children with high blood pressure can bear symptoms such as fatigue, seizures, irritability, respiratory disease and Bell’s palsy (inability to move facial muscles of either side).
Remedies for High Blood Pressure:
- Losing weight- Obesity is one of the chief contributors to this condition. Keeping a regular check on your weight and following a healthy diet plan can help you maintain blood pressure. Exercising everyday for 30 minutes can also lower your blood pressure and prevent it from shooting up.
- Eating healthy- Eating foods rich in potassium (fruits and vegetables), whole grains and foods low in LDL count can help reduce blood pressure. Limiting salt and sodium in your diet is also very beneficial in controlling your blood pressure.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption- Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can cause sudden spikes in blood pressure. Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol consumption can normalize the blood pressure.
- Reduce stress- One of the major reasons for high blood pressure is being subject to excessive stress over a prolonged period of time. Try to meditate or practice yoga to be more calm and composed. Keeping mental stress at bay does wonders in reducing blood pressure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!