Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. S.Vijaya KumarYour feedback matters!
My name is manju I have headache problem I tried some medicine please suggest me some effective medicines.
I am feeling pain in abdominal while sitting down and getting up. Also nausea feeling especially after getting up. tiredness all day. I am not sure about cycle days of mine. We had sex on 7 aug and 15 aug. My last menstrual was on 28 July. I did home pregnancy test it's negative also beta HCG test less than 2.If it is not due pregnancy what could be cause. I don't have fever and eating food is normal. Please suggest.
Sir, I am affected by cough and cold. But because I am a athlete so I have to maintain my fitness by runny. G. So my question is that" I could continue running in cough and cold also" And some household measures to control cough and cold.
How to increase weight and maintain body shapes and retain health good. And how to overcome in during asthma attack and reduce the pressure at that time.
I am 18 years old. L am doing hand job since I am 16. Is there any problem in future? What are the problems?
Hello, I am 25 years old. Actually I sm depressed in thinking about bad breath. A bad smell is spreading out from my mouth cavity. I will not be able to interact with people closely. Suggest me proper medications. I have no medical issues with GI system. I make sure to drink 3 lit. Of water every day.
I am 21 years old and suffering from chronic cough. It is seasonal. I need a permanent solution. What should I do?
Sir I hv the nodular tuberculosis I'll start treatment after 2 days.may i know what r the side effects I'll face by intake of medicine.
Good Morning, I am Rajani Bisht, due to low hemoglobin my head going bald, and my face going be thin. Mostly I have headache on my head's upper part. Please suggest me. What should I do?
I am 72 years old male and diabetic from last 30 years. It is under control with oral medicine. I am now getting problem of constipation and indication from last 8 months. Pl reply medicine.
My weight is decreasing day by day because of Chronic pancreatitis. Please help me to recover my health. Is their any solution?
I am suffering from distrubbed sleep and even small sound I hear while sleeping suddenly wake up. Suffering from laziness and my age 41 male, married. And I feel very weak and body pains.
Hello sir/ma'am, My wife in pregnancy of 3 months. She is very much suffering from vertigo (Chakkar ana ), Stomach ache and head ache. Treatment is undergoing. Please suggest what I can do.
I have been masturbating since last 8 years .n just due to that m penis got bent towards one side. Its not exerting any pressure while sex as I tried once .it gets loose before entering vagina .due to this I failed once .any remedies or medicine.
Hives, also called urticaria are swollen welts or bumps that appear on your skin suddenly.
They itch, burn and sting and can happen anywhere on your body. You can get them on your face, lips, tongue, ears or chest. And in size, they can be as small as an eraser to as large as a plate. They also form plaques and can last for hours or up to several days.
- Acute urticaria - These type of hives last less than six weeks. The most common causes are allergies due to certain foods and medications, or infections. These hives can also happen due to diseases or insect bites.
- Chronic urticaria - Hives lasting more than six weeks come under this category. What causes them is usually more difficult to identify than what causes acute urticaria. In some cases, chronic hives are caused due to thyroid disease, hepatitis or even cancer. This type can affect your internal organs like lungs, muscles, and the gut. Thus, symptoms include muscle soreness, shortness of breath, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- Physical urticaria - These types are caused due to direct physical stimulation of the skin due to cold, heat, sun exposure, vibration, pressure, sweating, and exercise.
What causes hives?
Hives happen mostly due to allergies. Some of the common hive triggers are-
- Certain foods, especially peanuts, eggs, nuts and shellfish- Fresh foods are more likely to cause hives as compared to cooked foods. Certain food additives and preservatives can also play culprits.
- Medicines like penicillin and sulfa- based antibiotics, aspirin and ibuprofen which are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, high blood pressure drugs like ACE inhibitors, and painkillers such as codeine can also trigger hives.
- Insect bites
- Transfusion of blood
- Bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections and infected throat
- Viral infections- common cold and hepatitis
- Pollen grains
- Plants like poison oak and poison ivy
- Cold weather
- Pet dander. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.