Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do?
I have swelling in my lip. Its been there over a month. Also Dr. said its because of Slavia. What should I do?
For the last 2 weeks I am having pain in upper left corner four teeth which are in a bridge. My dentist did xrays but could not come up with some result and referred to an oral surgeon who is advising an implementation of 3 teeth and replacement of one with a total cost of circa 10-15, 000. I am now seeking a second opinion from a dentist who can just do the needful so that I can travel abroad in three weeks and do the necessary after my 6 month stay abroad or get it done there in india.
I am a 32 years male and facing gum receding issues since last 6 months. I have tried several home remedies. What to do. I used to smoke earlier but I have quit smoking now. Still gums not improving even after going through scaling. How many times one should ideally brush. Some says 2 and some says three. What to do? Please help. I am worried about my teeth.
I can feel a lump on my left cheek when I move my tongue around my cheeks its not painful and not too big can it be a tumor of oral cancer cause I used to smoke and drink earlier and I am having a body pain in left side.
Hi sir, I have been suffering from toothache, ear pain, neck pain and sore throat for 3 days. I have consulted dentist but he has prepared tablets augmed625, ultracet tab and uniques tablet. I have used but I cannot get rid of these pains, then what can I do.
My teeth has very spots and scary I want any cleaning items to clean my teeth whitening please help me.
Sir, This is for the first time I am here! I have a problem of Bad Breath. Please help me in this case. You can imagine how difficult it becomes to live with such kind of a problem. Sir, I work in a School & its so embarrassing to interact with the people face to face. Please tell me how can I overcome with this problem?
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
Gargling right before bedtime with an effective mouthwash
Cleaning the tongue surface twice daily
Eating a healthy breakfast with rough foods helps clean the very back of the tongue
Flossing is particularly important in removing rotting
Periodic visits to DENTIST