Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. S ShakthyYour feedback matters!
Sir I had a semi paralysis means my left hand fingers were stroked. Now I had took my treatment can drink alcohol.
I am 27 years old female. I am present of 9 month in this time my mouth taste sour, vomiting feeling and stomach pain please suggest me why this type of symptoms.
She had pain in her RIGHT breast from many good days. It pains when touched either very slowly. The right breast looks full and heavy and warmth too. She had not gone through any injury. And her periods is not near too. She visited a Gyno, and the doctor told its because of muscle pull, and advice to take painkiller. As thr is an side effect from painkillers, she insisted not to take them. And thus thought to wait till it soothe naturally. But many days passed, the pain is still there. She still feel pain in soft touched. Please Help!
Mujhe pcod ki problem hai. Weight v normal hai .tsh v normal hai. Urin or nlood report v normal hai. Bs mera period missed rehta hai .jo ab dydrogestrone medicine lene se time pe hota hai par sppoting ya bahut km blood aata hai. To kya ye bina egg k hota hai. Kya ovulation hoti hi nhi. Mai last year 2 month ki pregnant thi par mujhe kisi karan pehle bachhe ka abortion karwana para. Kya mere me infertility ki problem hai .mai bachhe k liye try kar sakti hu kya.
Causes, diagnosis and treatment of Polycystic Ovaries
Hello. I'm Dr. Rakhi Gupta. I'm practicing as a Senior Consultant Gynecologist in Savita Bihar, New Delhi. So today we are here to discuss one of the most important problem such as Polycystic Ovaries.
Polycystic Ovaries as you would have heard is very common these days, especially in the reproducive age groups. The girls between the age of 15-45 often are having this problem and they present as menstrual irregularities, lots of acne on the face, then increase in weight, hair loss from the scalp, excess hair gain from the body. These kind of problems are usually a manifestation of abnormal lifestyle. We must say that it is not a disease but it is a lifestyle pattern. And improper diet, improper exercise and so many other environmental factors that are effective such as radiation, pesticides etc maybe affecting them.
So basically the investigations done in such cases are in the form of ultrasonography and blood test related to hormones such as prolactin, testosterone, insulin and blood sugar levels. The treatment is in the form of weight reduction, exercise, increased physical activities and certain medications that contain the insulin level, the testosterone levels. At times because of infertility, they may be requiring ovulation induction medicines. So the treatment varies as per the symptons and most of the things are under control.
Since this is a problem that is involved in more than 20% of the girls in India it needs an urgent attention and immediate treatment. In case of any query you can contact me through the Lybrate or directly at my clinic. Thank you so much.
I have some period problem its going on around 10 days I take iron and calcium tablet but no effective time duration is same.
I am 28 year old woman and a mother of 3 year old kid. I am having irregular periods from my puberty onward. I am maintaining a healthy bmi, my height is 154cm, nd weight 49-50kg. I dont have pimples or facial hair. Bt my hair started falling heavily after delivery, dat too from the front portion of the head. Quarterly only i'm having periods, and flow and duration are normal. I dont have any significant difficulty or health issues except dis long gaps. What should I do?
I am 29 years old female diagnosed with endometriosis in pelvic region I want to know can I become pregnant in future my menstrual cycle is irregular and I dnt feel pain and other problems during menses.
Your good intention during intercourse might be to give your partner an intense orgasm, but orgasms aren’t something one can “give”. All you can do is make the conditions more favorable for the other person to have them by manipulating your moves.
Here are six ways in which you can orgasm better:
- Don’t skip the foreplay: Just like it is not a good idea to run a marathon without sufficient warm up, it isn’t advisable to skip or shorten the foreplay. Explore and find out and choose the right kinds of foreplay that take the arousal to great heights. Oral sex, clitoral stimulation and self-stimulation during sex are incredible in achieving a better climax.
- Experiment with edging: Try what we call 'edging'. That is, bring yourself close to climax, then stop short of reaching climax, and after a pause a few seconds, rebuild your arousal – again just close to climax. Repeat this until you can't hold any more and then come! The resulting orgasm is very intense and worth the effort.
- Try sex toys: Once in a while let a sex toy join the fun. Sex toys are useful in maximizing the pleasure levels during intercourse or solo.
- Use a lubricant: Don’t think that a lube just addresses the vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. Research shows that as many as 50% women get better orgasms when they use lubricants. The lubrication adds sensitivity to the genitals and helps get good orgasms.
- Target the C-spot: A lot of women have problems in getting orgasms during intercourse as the clitoris isn’t stimulated enough. The clitoris has the maximum number of nerve endings and during intercourse, clitoral contact is needed for most women to reach orgasm. Tip: Try out woman-on top, side-to-side and doggy style positions for clitoral stimulation. There are many more options too.
- Do not overlook the testes: Stroking your sack upwards right before getting an orgasm adds more power to the orgasms in men. The testes are tremendous pleasure points for a man and gently stroking them is useful in heightening the arousal which leads to a stronger orgasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
The most prominent symptom of alopecia areata is patchy hair loss. Coin-sized patches of hair begin to fall out, mainly from the scalp. Any site of hair growth may be affected, though, including the beard and eyelashes.
The loss of hair can be sudden, developing in just a few days or over a period of a few weeks. There may be itching or burning in the area prior to hair loss. The hair follicles are not destroyed and so hair can re-grow if the inflammation of the follicles subsides. People who experience just a few patches of hair loss often have a spontaneous, full recovery without any form of treatment.
About 30 percent of individuals who develop alopecia areata find that their condition either becomes more extensive or becomes a continuous cycle of hair loss and regrowth.
About half of patients recover from alopecia areata within 1 year, but many will experience more than one episode. Around 10 percent of people will go on to develop alopecia totalis or alopecia universalis.
Alopecia areata can also affect the fingernails and toenails, and sometimes these changes are the first sign that the condition is developing. There are a number of small changes that can occur to nails:
- Pinpoint dents appear
- White spots and lines appear
- Nails become rough
- Nails lose their shine
- Nails become thin and split
Additional clinical signs include:
- Exclamation mark hairs - where a few short hairs that get narrower at their bottom and grow in or around the edges of bald spots
- Cadaver hairs - hairs broken before reaching the skin surface
- Regrowth of white hair in areas affected by hair loss.
I'm suffering with irregular periods. Scanning reports confirmed that I had pcod. Doctors advice me to take pills regularly. But their is no result. When ever I stop the pills the menses will be irregular. What should I do?
I have my last period on June 10 and had sex on July 2 and period paining start from 20 days now little bleeding when I wiped in bathroom is it my period or what? Or I am pregnant?
Obesity increases the chance of life threatening disorders or diseases exponentially. Diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems and orthopedic problems are common among obese people. Consuming proper food is very important in this regard as they help in maintaining an optimal weight level and support fat loss.
8 foods that can help in getting a flat stomach are:
- Almonds: Almonds are highly beneficial for your health as they are a good source of Vitamin E, folate, fiber, protein and healthy fats. They help in controlling food cravings and building muscles in the body. They also reduce chances of being affected by various cardiovascular diseases and even cancer.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a super food as they are packed with nutrients. Egg protein has a high biological value, which indicates how well the protein is absorbed into your body. Eggs also keep your stomach full so that you can control hunger cravings.
- Salmon: Salmon contains essential proteins along with Omega-3 fatty acids that help in maintaining protein levels in muscles. It also reduces your risk of getting affected by diabetes and heart diseases.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is a pro-biotic that is beneficial for the digestive system. It contains a good balance of carbohydrates and protein that is beneficial for fat loss.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are good for the body as they assist in elimination of free radicals. They contain fiber, which helps in keeping you full and control hunger cravings. Folate, which is abundantly found in vegetables, minimizes the risk of stroke and colon cancer drastically.
- Lean meat: Lean meats like chicken and turkey assist in controlling obesity and heart diseases. They are a high source of protein, which help in building muscle and boosting the immune system.
- Peanut butter: Consuming peanut butter in small measures helps in building muscle, boosting testosterone levels in the body and burning fat. It is packed with healthy fats that assist in enhancing testosterone levels, which aid in burning fat. It also helps control hunger cravings.
- Whole grains: Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates, which do not allow the sugar level to fluctuate and provide a steady stream of energy to the body.
She is 43 years old lady suffering from heavy menstrual bleeding with swelling around her eyes every month. please help.
Hello please tell me the safest days for sex. I had sex with a guy many times before my period date that is 20th may 2017. Is there any chances for pregnancy?
I and my girlfriend got a sex on 14th on night after one hours she has menses. Will my girlfriend got pregnant . Her menses starts on 17 may but in this month her menses starts 14th on night. Tell me right decision.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.