Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. S. Mohanambal
Submit a review for Dt. S. MohanambalYour feedback matters!
For fat burn what is the best in this products with doing exercises Slim belt ,nutrislim powder, trimmer, etc?
Staying active is a very good way to relieve stress, primarily due to the release of endorphins when you exercise and elevate your heart rate. Endorphins make the body feel good, because you’ve energized the body and accomplished something worthwhile. They can also directly counter the effects of stress hormones in our body. Yoga is another great way of busting stress, as it requires both physical and mental discipline, and is deeply rooted in clearing your mind of anxiety and improving focus. Whatever form of exercise you choose, just get out there are stay active!
Feeling weakness from 15 days and headache regularly. Little bit fever. Eyes have gone yellowish.what to do
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and ff left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dear Doctors, Which exercises should I need to do in the gym to keep by up my health in a good condition?
It is an infectious disease, epidemic and endemic in nature throughout the world. It is basically a virusinfection of nerve cells in the anterior gray matter or cranial nerve nuclei in the brain stem leading in many cases to temporary or permanent paralysis of the muscles that they activate.
It is a disease which occurs effectively in humans.
HOW TO RECOVER FROM POLIO
In this physiotherapy plays an important role. Exercises are the most important part to recover from this condition.
Splintage and correct positioning:
Splintage given so that the lower limb can be immobilized so as to prevent any further damage to the neural structures. Moreover giving a splint also reduces the pain arising from the muscles by immobilizing them and offering support. Splinting in this stage also prevents the muscles from going into contractures.
MMT: immediately after the muscular pain gets reduced and the patient comes out of the initial stage of inflammation, manual muscle charting should be done to know the extent of weakness or paralysis.
Gentle passive movement: the parents of the child should be shown to do gentle passive movement at least 2 to 3 times per day mainly to keep the muscle and joint flexible as well as to improve circulations to the limbs. This depends on the tolerance of the patient and should not be given when the muscles are painful or tender.
Stretching of contractures: the tight and contracted soft tissue should be gently but consistently stretched to prevent the chances of gross deformity. The principle contractures are IT band and ankle equines. If the tendo Achilles is weak with grade either 0 or 1 then while stretching it out excessive stretch should be avoided as there is more anterior gliding of tibia which could lead to calacaneal deformity. Therefore it should be stretched only to neutral position. IT band contracture needs full stretching normally but in cases where there is gluteus medius weakness, full stretching of IT band will further weaken the gluteus medius due to excessive stretch and will lead to or exaggerated Trendeleburg’s lurch. Thus in cases where there is a gluteus medius weakness a decision has to be made whether to stretch it fully or to stretch it only to neutral.
Stimulation and facilitation technique: may be given to maintain the muscular property so that it facilitates improvement in the next stage.