Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R Peter Ram
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R Peter RamYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My Brother has got premature baby born at 26 weeks pregnant, now he is 47 days age, he has go brain bleeding problem after 10 days of birth, they have used lot of antibiotics during the treatment for the lung infection, now he has not yet put any weight, same the weight of 850 gm, he is active and movements are okay. Starting he was on ventilator, but now he is taking his own breath, the heart beat rate is 96, In brain CT scan it showing that everything normal except gross hydrocephalus with thinned brain parenchyma, doctor said its not the position to do any operation on him, so paediatrician it self pulling out water by injection method with the guidance of Neurologist in video call. So please provide us if there are any other options and suggestions for us.
Hi, our relatives baby has hydrocephalus and placed a stunt from head to stomach almost 3 years back. Now she is nearly 3.6 years old. What would be the next step and how world be her health in future. Now she is very active and doing well. Please let us know the consequences and about her health problems in future. Thanks,
Hi, My baby is in mid of 7th month. Had loose motions for 2 days last week. Had given him probiotic, zinc syrup snd ors. Now he is pooping 6-7 times a day (not loose stools). His bum area looks reddish sometimes after pooping and he starts crying. Using rashfree ointment as suggested by doctor. Still condition is same. Please help me to make my baby feel comfortable. Thanks
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.
My nephew and he is 7 years old. He is in 2nd class. He is not eating properly on time and he is not focusing on study. He wants to watch TV only. He is short tempered. So please suggest what do we do to take him on the right way.
Hi Sir, My son is five and half year old. He does not eat properly food. In a day he eat only one time. This problem is from January. His behavior is not good.
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is an essential nutrient for formation of Hemoglobin, which transports Oxygen and Carbon dioxide through the bloodstream and it is also essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiency of it causes anemia specific to iron.
Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.