Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N PrinceYour feedback matters!
I'm a male of twenty two years old and I have a tooth ache. I brush my teeth daily but at no regular intervals. It seldom pains me and no bad smell or any other issue cannot be traced. I will be happy if you can tell me why I'm facing such a problem and how to get rid of it. The previous time when I faced such a problem I visited a doctor and he advised me to change my tooth paste bud it seems of no helpful. Awaiting your reply, thank you.
I am 31 years old and want to inline my teeth with fastest results. What is the cost and treatment period of metal braces with straight wire.
Hello doctor, my mom is suffering from mouth ulcers since long. Doctor prescribed her medications (cap cobadex z and orasep gel). Ulcers got cured with this medications but again she started facing the same problem. It seems this doesn't work. Also today morning she checked her throat and it seems red inside. She told me earlier when spitting in the morning while doing teeth brush, blood appears in spit. Please let me know if that's just a mouth ulcer/throat infection/tonsil problem and any thing critical. Lookinf forward for your quick response as her pain is troubling her and i'm getting more worried. Many thanks. With regards, meena.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.
Dear Sir, earlier I was taking gutkha and now a day I have quit all bad habit. My mouth is not open properly only two finger entered. Have any treatment so that I can open my mouth.
Sir, it seems that a gap has been created between gums and my upper teeth. It pains while eating if any food particles struck it. Normally it does not pain. I cannot eat from my right side of the mouth. What can be done to cure this. Any procedure or medication can heal it.
In my mouth there are three small poxes just inside the lips I feels pain when I take food or water. Suggest me thanks.
Am not able to open my mouth complete from past four years due to develop of last teeth at end, wat to do.
Doctor. From last 15 days I am suffering from bad breath. Even I brush 2 times. And use mouthwash also. Can't reduce. What should I do.
In feb. 2016 I have done root canal. During the process a piece of needle is break in my teeth root. And it will not come out. How it will create any problem of cancer or any other problem . please help me.
How to get rid off bad smell from mouth, even though I'm brushing twice a day, and gobbling with salt water. Suggest some medicine or cures.
The signs of gingivitis are:
1. Bleeding gums, especially when brushing or eating
2. Redness and swelling of the gum.
The good news is that gingivitis can be reversed.
You might think it is best to stop brushing if your gums are red or puffy. Try to keep brushing, as this will get rid of the bacteria and plaque that is causing the problem. Soon the gums should look and feel better. If not, see your dentist for proper treatment.
I am 24 years old, Since 3 months, Often like every month Ive been suffering with mouth ulcers when I eat something spicy like pickles etc. But only once it was very much severe and painful and I got rid of it with some medicines anyhow. I wanna know the reason whether it's because of vitamin deficiency. No signs of fever or body pains when I get. Just mouth ulcers causing little pain.
Dental sealants act as a barrier to prevent cavities. They are a plastic material usually applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (premolars and molars) where decay occurs most often.
Thorough brushing and flossing help remove food particles and plaque from smooth surfaces of teeth. But toothbrush bristles cannot reach all the way into the depressions and grooves to extract food and plaque. Sealants protect these vulnerable areas by 'sealing out' plaque and food.
Sealants are easy for your dentist to apply. The sealant is painted onto the tooth enamel, where it bonds directly to the tooth and hardens. This plastic resin bonds into the depressions and grooves (pits and fissures) of the chewing surfaces of back teeth.
The sealant acts as a barrier, protecting enamel from plaque and acids. As long as the sealant remains intact, the tooth surface will be protected from decay. Sealants hold up well under the force of normal chewing and may last several years before a reapplication is needed.
During your regular dental visits, your dentist will check the condition of the sealants and reapply them when necessary.
The likelihood of developing pit and fissure decay begins early in life, so children and teenagers are obvious candidates. But adults can benefit from sealants as well.