Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Muthukumar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MuthukumarYour feedback matters!
My sister often gets mouth ulcers (large in quantity) along with swelling of gums and lips. She has tried homeopathic medication. But this repeats very frequently. What should she do?
Well, you don't have to give up sweetness. Just get it from other sources. Try fresh berries or pureed fruit on the cereal instead of sugar. Explore fruit that's dried, frozen, or canned (without too much added sugar). A glass of low-fat milk or low-sugar yogurt can help. Avoid frozen yoghurt and fruit puree can replace an ice-cream or elaichi and pudina in tea can help you reduce the sugar you add in tea or how about trying a banana or custard apple sheera.
Dr. I have a red sore on my thoung end and some mouth disturbances of taste what is it please help me.
My brother had his front two teeth broken in kabaddi 6 years back. Root canal was done once and we were unable to go for further treatment which prescribed for us due to some reasons. Now I want to help out with his teeth. What will be the best way to make better? Please suggest me.
I have swollen gums on my teeth while brushing little blood comes the swollen is not going what to do .
My mouth is not opening properly due to chewing gutkha & pan masala. Kindly suggest what medication to be done to get my mouth opening to its original shape & size.
For most people, a visit to the dentist is not a routine affair, it is mandated by tooth pain or bleeding gums. Surveys have been conducted to understand this, and at least 50% of the people have a fear of dentists.
Listed below are some common reasons cited by people as to why they fear a dentist:
1. General Anxiety: Unlike a regular doctor's set-up, the dental office with its various equipment and materials can be quite intimidating for anybody. This is one of the main reasons most people fear going to a dentist. Whether it is the big X-ray equipment or the drills used on the teeth, the person walking into the clinic has a general fear.
2. Fear of embarrassment and negligence: As mentioned, most people go to the dentist when a symptom sets in. Visiting a dentist and opening the mouth reveals the negligence of the person in terms of oral health, and this is an embarrassment for most people.
3.Tooth removal: A decade or so ago, for most decayed tooth, removal would be the only problem. In such cases, especially if the tooth was grossly decayed, it would be removed, sometimes with use of multiple instruments and in small pieces. The recent advancements have reduced the instances of tooth removal, however, this is a major reason for people to fear a dentist.
4. Injection: The thought of having an injection in the mouth is another big no-no for most people. There could also be the possibility of having a bad experience with an earlier dentist, where there might have been more than a prick to get the anesthetic effect.
5. Fear of pain: In this major set-up, most people are not sure which instrument might be used on them and they fear that this can cause additional pain to the tooth that is already in pain.
6. Fear of getting bad news: The dentist will diagnose the problem and reveal bad news about the problem. This might involve not just complicated treatment but also can be quite expensive.
7. Connecting to a bad experience: In some cases, the person could have had a previous bad experience and this might prevent them from going to any other dentist. The bad memory always comes to the fore and prevents the person from going through another bad experience.
8. The use of drill: Whether or not the person in the clinic requires drilling, the mere sound of it puts off some people from visiting a dentist. Opening the mouth and getting a tooth drilled is one of the biggest fears for most people.
Walk into a dentist with none of these fears and you will be relieved of your dental and oral problems.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.