Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.Uma Maheshwari
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. M.Uma MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
My baby is 2 months old and she is getting water in her left eye continuously since one week what should I do?
How can improve my baby girl weight since 5 months old still at 5.5 kg only present turned in to 11 months please help.
Hi Doctor, My sister daughter weight after 5 days gone down from 3.250 kg to 2 kg. She born on 23 April. Doctor says, dehydration in her body and sodium level going very high due to this bleeding on her brain and blood clots in her brain. Now she is feeding from spoon, open eyes and doctors are giving her blood thinner injection. I want to know some questions which are in mind mind. 1) Will blood clots which are in 35% of brain, are increase or cure in with growth. 2) Could she like be normal child? 3)She will live or going for death? 4)Brain blood clots harm her heart, liver or another body organ? We all family members in very big shock.
Sir my daughter 1 year 3 month old. Went for vaccine. But mistakely I forget my immunisation record of card at my home. The doctor given the vaccine to my doctor of chickenpox. But when I returned home. As per card my vaccine was mmr1. Is chicken pox and mmr are same. Or I have to go for mmr1 vaccine again. Please confirm me. I m in doubt.
Hello doctor I have done my quadruple screen test it shows The calculated risk for Trisomy 21 is above the cut off which represents an increased risk. My nt scan is gud there is not any problem. My doctor suggested me to do amniocentesis test. I'm so tensed that can I go for this test or not. What will I do I just dont understand.
My baby boy is 8 month old he has continuous cold cough and running nose and sometime fever what medicine should I provide him pls tell me.
What is the treatment for 6 years old baby suffering with nephrotic syndrome. She is taking wysolone 25 mg alt. Day. Whether it is curable?
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.