Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna SeshadriYour feedback matters!
My wife has been suffering from diabetes for 9 years. She is 30 years old. Her height & weight is 150cm, 62kg respectively. Her blood sugar level 250 Fas.&300p. P. She is taking medicine glycomate 1gm &galvus 50 Please take proper.
Just help me with the tips to maintain balance cholesterol & diabetes I am 40 years of age. What should i do for that?
I am 32 years of old. I am sufering with thyroid. Tsh is 22.3. Due to that my skin started with patches. After cinsulting doctor she told me this happened due to thyroid and advised me take to take thyronorm 50mg regularly. No the patches in some parts of the body are totaly gone but on lips it is slowly increasing overally. Please advise me that how can I reduce this thyroid and white on my lipa.
I am 72 years old and suffering with diabetes for the last 22 years. I take glimpryde 4mg twice daily and metformin 1000 mg twice daily and recently started insulin shots once a day. Probably due to diabetes I have become weak in general.
My daughter has type 1 diabetes, I am little confused what fruits she can eat. Some dietician suggest not to eat fruits like banana, grapes, pomegranate but couple of them suggest to eat all the fruits but in limited quantity. Could you please suggest me best fruits for her?
My father was a diabetic patient and he is using insulin as a medicine, what are the remedies to keep the level of diabetics low and is there any necessity for tests.
I am 51 yrs old and suffering from diabetics since 2005. Currently my sugar level remains 200+ after taking glycomet gp2 before breakfast and pioz30 after dinner. What should I do now?
My mother's age is 40 years and I hv a diabetes. I have checked my sugar level and found 277 before meal and 573. How she overcome it.
Hello, my wife is pregnant 4 months, we just did her blood test and report showing as thyroid. What precaution has to be taken kindly suggest.
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!