Find numerous Hematologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Hematologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Hematologists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kartthik ShanmugamYour feedback matters!
I can not sleep properly every night. Which medicine you refer to me? And I hv also sugar in my blood.
When I got up today! I found than one of my fingers can't be folded. I used certain oils and rubbed my finger with it. But it is of no use. I am so happy that I found this website. What should I do to get a relief?
How to have a better good night sleep? I play a sport I even study still I don't feel sleepy. I want to have a strong sleep of 6 hours to focus on my studies. Please advice sir / mam.
Curretly i am feeling low Feeling tired and sleepy though I have a good sleep lack of interest in doing day today activities feeling body ache whole day. Please help.
I haven't been able to sleep since 4 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, I am a smoker. What to do? Please help me!
I am 62 years old. I had slip disc last year jan. It became ok after about 5 months. Little pain started about 15 days back. Now pain is nnot there but I feel heavy thighs while walking.
Hello, I want to ask a health related questions for my friend . Actually he has pain in the bone of his leg. It started within 2-3 days when he started to run on the ground. He consulted a local doctor. The doctor gave him some tablets. Now it is 2 months today. But still he has pain in his bone even he is not running on the ground. Kindly help for this problem. Thank you in advance.
Dr, I'm 19 years old and I have this pain in my joints of left hand ie. Elbow,I don't know what happened it pains badly as I can't move my hand properly for (stretching or hitting stuff), need help Pls revert on the same.
I am a 18 years old female and have back and shoulder ache for past 2 months for carrying heavy bag to school. What should I do?
I am 24 years female, I am having pain in my collarbone just below my left hand shoulder and it from quite sometime but it was not so much, but from last 2 days there is a swelling in that portion and it's heating. Also having severe pain while moving my hand. It's a kind of lump in that any, which is paining.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am loosing continuously, I am using head and shoulder shampoo I am not sure what can I do .can you please help me with this problem?
I am 19 years old I have joint pain from last 6 years I have consulted many doctors but its not cured I don't know what to do it just killing me everyday.
Dear doctors. My feet soul is burning like it seems to be red. It also get swallowed. So what are the causes and what should I do to prevent from this problem. It will be best if you suggest any diet or other home method.
I haven't been able to sleep since 8 day and I am having a severe headache tried multiple home are medies but didn't work what to do? Please help me!
Rare forms of bone oriented tumours are giant cell tumours, which are mostly found in the bones that are long. This tumour is mostly found in young people between the age of 25 to 40 years and is more common in women than in men. The slow progressive growth of this tumour is more like a lesion rather than a mass, and it causes significant pain. It can also lead to bone destruction. Let us find out the various facets of these tumours including causes, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- Causes: The actual cause of this condition is not yet known, although many orthopaedic specialists tend to associate it with Paget disease, which is a chronic bone disorder. The main symptoms of this disease include enlargement and deformity of the bones. Giant cell tumours are not associated with injuries, genetics or environmental factors.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms that can point at the presence of the giant cell tumour. These include pain in the joints surrounding the bone on which the tumour is growing. Also, inflammation and fractures might be caused due to this growth. The surrounding joints may face difficulty as far as movement goes, and fluid retention might also take place.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by an orthopaedic specialist who will conduct an x-Ray to study the area surrounding the bone. This will help in throwing up images of the tissue, bones and other organs in the area. The doctor may also carry out a biopsy during which tissue samples will be procured for further examination under a microscope, so as to determine whether or not the growth is a malignant one. Also, radionuclide bone scans may be conducted to find out if there is any bone change due to other bone diseases and this tumour.
- Treatment: The treatment of this condition will depend largely on the patient's age and medical history where the doctor may take stock of any other ailments and diseases which may or may not interfere with the chosen path of treatment. One of the ways of treating this condition is with surgery that will help in removing the damaged bone. In very severe cases, amputation may also be required. Further, bone reconstruction surgery can also be followed for treatment.
- Prognosis: Local recurrence is a risk as far as giant cell tumours are concerned. A CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvic area should be carried out in a routine manner for at least two years after treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.