Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HanzaYour feedback matters!
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
I am 61 yrs. Old male I wear dentures for upper both sides teeth sometimes my gums irritated what should I apply to soothen them.
Sir mere teeth ke mashudhe se blood & pip (wbc) nikalta hai please iska thik hone ka upaya bataye.Please tell sir .
Root canal therapy has gone high-tech recently, making the procedure as easy as possible for both patients and dentists!
Thanks to recent root canal technology, teeth can now be treated without invasive dental surgery.
With modern dental instruments and advanced techniques, dentists have more resources than ever to complete successful root canals, and patients can have the procedure done in just one visit -- virtually pain-free!
Dental technology has produced the following advancements in root canal therapy:-------
1.NICKEL TITANIUM FILES -- Stainless steel files used to clean out the root canals were susceptible to breakage and limited the amount of infection that could be removed. Now, dentists use nickel titanium files, which are more flexible with less breakage.
2.ANESTHETICS -- Current local anesthetics make it easier to numb the entire tooth, so patients don't feel any pain during the procedure. There are also more sedation dentistry options for fearful patients, including nitrous oxide and oral sedation.
3.MODERN DENTAL INSTRUMENTS -- New high-torque motor hand pieces are much stronger and faster than before, enabling dentists to have more control over their dental instruments and better shape the root canal. Ultrasonic instruments are also being used during the root canal procedure -- they produce ultrasonic vibrations to clean the root in preparation for the filling.
4.MICROSCOPES -- Used mostly during complex dental treatment, surgical operating microscopes allow dentists to see deep within the root canal for improved removal of infection. Magnifying glasses with fiber optic light can also be worn to give dentists a better view during the procedure.
5. X-RAYS -- Dentists may use X-rays several times during the procedure to check the status of the tooth. Digital X-rays not only produce less radiation, but are developed immediately, lessening the time you spend in the dental chair.
6.APEX LOCATORS -- The dentist's goal during the procedure is to clean and fill the canal to the very end of the root, or apex. If a dentist cannot find the apex, some of the infection may be left behind. An electronic apex locator measures the root, finding the apex through sound waves and guiding the dentist to the end of the root canal.
7.CLEANING AND FILLING THE CANALS -- Dentists take several measures to keep the infection from returning. Once the infection is removed, dentists use a medicated rinse to wash away any leftover debris and disinfect the tooth. Gutta percha, an antibacterial tooth filling material, better fills the canal, and non-allergenic dental sealers seal the space without irritating the tooth.
8.Laser ROOT CANAL THERAPY -- The most recent innovation in root canal technology, laser dentistry thoroughly cleans the root's canal without using drills or hand files. The Waterlase® laser uses a laser and high-pressure water system to