Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GauthamYour feedback matters!
Sir, I often have dry mouth accompanied with bad breath. I had used colgate plax mouthwash but it seems to not work. Can you suggest me some home remedies to get rid of this?
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards.
My tooth was paining what should I do to let go that pain which tablet should I buy then what would I do.
I am 55 years old male and I am experiencing gum recession which is more sensitive to cold and hot water. On consulting a Dentist here in Shillong I was asked to undergo filling instead of gum treatment. Is there any solution to gum recession medically? I shall be highly obliged if you could prescribed medication.
Hi, while spitting I could see some blood in that. I used to smoke before. But I stopped smoking before 2 years. While smoking I got twice. After stopping, 1 year I don't have any problems. But in the past 6 months I got it twice. I always don't have my breakfast. I used to have lots of cool drinks ice creams.
I am a diabetes patient and my sugar level is control but I do not know my right hand side tooth is paining alot from few days. Can you help me?
For past few days , i am having problems in chewing , as the molars teeth on the left side are giving pain while chewing.
I was having a clicking sound while opening my mouth . My dentist consult me to restrict mouth opening and have liquid food and lite food. It is around 1 and half year now. Clicking sound is not there but my mouth is not opening straight but it is better then earlier. But i am suffering from pain in my jaw head and neck sometimes. I want your help in this. When do i able to open my mouth properly. I am 23 years old.Need your help. Thanku
Sir mere dant ke jaad me kida laga hai . Jiske karan mai roti nahi chba pata or bolte time bhi lagte hai. Koi tips bataye jise vapis aa jaye.
Well im having cavities is there any homeopathic treatment I never faced it either now it started but ive also faced sensitivity in my teeth neither nothing worked nd now onwards I sticked with colgate charcoal toothpaste to cure it.
I got a pain on my teeth I saw a dentist he told me that I got a hole and I have to repair it cost upto 5000 but I don't want to do that so please consult me a best medicine I request I just got a pain.
Hello doctor My teeth are becoming loose And my teeth are already loose since my childhood But recently I have lost my front tooth Is it possible I get my foot grow up by it self? Pls let me know the precaution to be taken for my teeth.
Detail and advantages of Dental Implant procedure
Hello, everyone. I am doctor Aman Ahuja. I am an implantology and a digital smile specialist working in Gurgaon. Today I am going to tell you about problems associated with missing teeth. Generally we think that the once the teeth are is extracted and probably once all the pain is gone and there is no other problem but the real thing is that the problem starts once you get the teeth extracted. Yes it is true. Once you get your teeth extracted the real problem starts then. What are the problems associated with missing teeth is my main topic for today. If you see to the video nearby. If you see the problems associated with missing teeth this video will explain you the details. Once teeth are missing any particular teeth in any part of your jaw.
For example if a lower molar is missing as you can see in the video over a period of time from 5 to 10 years you will see that the adjacent teeth will try to take its place and slowly they become bad. You will see the way the other teeth are coming and trying to take its place. Sorry over a period of time there will be four logement and ultimately your 3 teeth become loose because of just missing teeth. It is just like if you remove a brick from a wall, the whole world becomes weak. The same happens. Over a period of time if can observe some mild pain in few cases. So what is the perfect? How can we prevent this damage because of missing teeth. In this video we will give you the two solutions of a missing teeth.
Gone days when we used to give denture removable dentures and things like that. Hair we have the two solutions or fix teeth. As you can see in both cases we have one thing this is the implant option. Implant goes into the bone followed by the abutment along with a fixed teeth or a Crown it is cemented are screwed. So this is once a best solution that is dental implant. Once we decide we have to go for dental implants main question arises like does implant suits me? Can I go for dental implant? Is it painful? Lots of questions in your mind. All you need to do is take one x-ray and visit your dentist. The dentist will observe the quality of your Bone and will suggest you about the dental implant which will sort you.
Once you take your x-ray to the dentist he will observe the quality of the bone, your medical conditions and then you can proceed with the dental implant procedure. How many implants are required for you that can be assessed after we observe the X-ray. As lese as six implants can support one job for one individual teeth one implant can support. So how long will be the duration that exactly can be assessed after we observe your x-ray.
For any other details about dental implants you can definitely contact me on lybrate.