Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Healthy Heart Diet
Food Plan Preparation
Weight Management Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Management Counseling
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Customised Diet Chart
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Diet Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G . SivasankariYour feedback matters!
Am on diet, I eat very limit and healthy food only but once in a while I attend parties/functions where I eat excess. In such situations how to digest? How to keep my stomach clean? Normally I drink zeera water with lemon. Kindly advice on this. Regard
Hello sir. Mere pet (abdomen) normal size hai, lekin fat jyada hai ,to mujhe normal fat ke liye kya Karna chahiye, jisse mere body tight ho.Please tell.
What is the correct weight a girl should have before her marriage and could you please suggest some diet. Which the bride or bridegroom should have before their marriage?
I am 68 years old and a diabetic. Pp sugar is 199. I take pio m 15 before breakfast and glycomet 500 after dinner. I do not eat anything which has sugar and any food grown under the earth as per advice of my physician yet the sugar level does not come down. I drink beer may be once in a month, vodka twice in a month just 2 pegs and not more with 7up or sprite. Please suggest some remedies to reduce the sugar level.
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
• Adequate calcium intake and a reduced risk of osteoporosis.
• A diet low in sodium and a reduced risk of hypertension.
• A diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol and reduced risk of coronary heart disease.
• A diet low in dietary fat intake and reduced risk of cancer.
• A diet high in fiber-containing grain products, fruits and vegetables and a reduced risk of cancer.
• A diet high in fruits, vegetables, and grain products that contain fiber, particularly soluble fiber, and reduced risk of coronary heart disease.
• Low-fat diets rich in fruits and vegetables, and a reduced risk of cancer.
• Healthful diets with adequate folate and a reduced risk of neural tube defects.
• A diet focusing on sugar alcohols versus regular sugars and starches and a reduced risk of dental caries.
• Soluble fiber from oat bran, rolled oats (or oatmeal), whole oat flour, or psyllium seed husk and a reduced risk of coronary heart disease.
• Soy protein as part of diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol and a reduced risk of heart disease.
• Diets high in potassium and low in sodium and reduced risk of high blood pressure and stroke.