Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G . SivasankariYour feedback matters!
My mother is a diabetes patient and she was not able to sleep at night seems My dad has gone. She used to sleep hardly 3 hrs at night. What should we do?
Hello Doctor I am 22 years. I have sitting job (9 hrs) approx and I have started gaining weight. I have checked My Tsh level.
My father has diabetes and he' s taking regular pills can he switch to insulin. Which one is better pills or insulin. He is 61 years old and suffering from diabetes from the last 10 years. He is 174 cm long and weighs 72 kilograms.
I am 27 years male and I want to gain some weight I am a working guy so I don't have much time for go to the gym my weight is 46 kg please suggest me.
Hello, doctor, actually last few days I feeling weakness, like burn in my eyes, pimple on my face, headache every time. please suggest me.
My brother birth date is 22/09/1991 and height is very long but weight is only 49 kg so please advise how gain weight fast. Advice foods fruit which are most useful in weight gain.
My wife age is 51 & she is diabetic patient .& Her height is 4'8.At this age how much she should have been weight?
I am not able to swim under the water for more than 10 second. Is there any exercises for me to improve.
I have discharge in one nipple with squeeze without pain. I have no identify lumps in my breast. The color of discharge is some time squeeze watery, some time, yellowish, some time rare with blood. I have two children. Second child is 12 year old and I stop feeding in 7 year before. And discharge is release 2 or 3 duct of nipple it is normal?
I am 25 years old female suffering from PCOS. I feel lazy and heavy all the time, even sometimes I crave for sweets. Kindly tell me to control my cravings and also tell me how soon I can get pregnant.
My father is a diabetic for last 25 year. As per his test report urea 83.5 creatinine 2.2 uric acid 6.1 total protein 6.3 alkaline phosphate 135 calcium 8.6 phosphorus 4.3 sodium 134. 6 and other ok.
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are tips to prevent diabetes:
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.