Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Dinakar RaiYour feedback matters!
Since last one week I am getting neck pain, and I am taking treatment from phyothrepist still pain is not releasing kindly advise.
Hi , my question is regarding sore muscles. I have done workout last Friday and instructor told me to go for weights. He made me lift weights. I performed bench press etc etc and the day was good. But I'm Saturday, I could not lift even a water bottle. I could not eat meal through hands. I can't fold my arms. I can't sleep it's paining too much. Its in the night 4 am I am unable to sleep. Please suggest.
My back is paining a lot without any injury sometimes it is unbearable and I do not know why it is so.
I have drunk a 150 ml peg daily. I have lite pain in my right lower back. I passed my urine with high bad smell after drink so much water. With extimae I drunk 3 ltr water in my working hours.
I work as a field executive and spend 6-7 hours in the field and drive tw. Recently I found that when I go to bed at night there is a huge back pain. Its only happen when I go to bed for sleep. Is it because I drive tw for more then 5 hours or something else? please suggest.
My right leg knee is giving pain since 1 year , I dint taken any medicine upto now - now I am getting pain frequently , give me suitable suggestion.
I sit eight hours in front of computer. From last two week I feel tightness in my neck and little with difficult to move. Little with pain in front of both side of head. I think I am suffering from stiff neck. Kindly suggest to cure and to whom I have to consult.
I took x-ray 2 days before. Backbone's bottom bone doesn't shows a gap between bones that is not familiar like the middle part of the bone. From buttox through left leg. It gets pain after standing up. For 10 minutes only. Advice please. I used to walk daily for 1 hour. Can I continue walking. Please advice as soon as possible.
A common myth about back pain is that you need to rest and avoid activity for a long time. In fact, doctors do not recommend bed rest. If you have no sign of a serious cause for your back pain (such as loss of bowel or bladder control, weakness, weight loss, or fever), stay as active as possible.
Here are tips for how to handle back pain and activity:
1. Stop normal physical activity for only the first few days. This helps calm your symptoms and reduce swelling (inflammation) in the area of the pain.
2. Apply heat or ice to the painful area. Use ice for the first 48 to 72 hours, then use heat.
3. Take over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
4. Sleep in a curled-up, fetal position with a pillow between your legs. If you usually sleep on your back, place a pillow or rolled towel under your knees to relieve pressure.
5. Do not do activities that involve heavy lifting or twisting of your back for the first 6 weeks after the pain.
6. Do not exercise in the days right after the pain begins. After 2 to 3 weeks, slowly begin to exercise again.
A physiotherapist can teach you which exercises are right for you.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain - This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity - When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities and resumption of normal activities - This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep - Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase - Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems - As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.