Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandra Prakash
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra PrakashYour feedback matters!
Does masturbating 2-3 in a week affect our liver or any part of our body. I feel week and I am having hair fall also. My hands shake sometimes I can not run for 5 mins.
I have migraine problem what should I do. If I don't take torkast FX I feel pressure what should I do?
I had been suffering from trigeminal neuralgia since july 2012 and had been treated with oxcarbazepine (2 x 150 mg a day). My periods of less pain or near-remission increased and the frequency of attacks decreased over time. Over the last 4 months I have not had a single episode of pain and I have not been taking any medicines for tn for 3 months. There has been no pain at all. Is it correct to assume that I am now free of the ailment.
My father had a fall 3 months ago on the road and he had a surface head injury. Immediately I had him hospitalized. CT scan was normal. His BP had dropped but with drip it was back to normal. But he has constantly been reporting Vertigo. We have had multiple sessions with a Neurosurgeon who reported everything normal. What is the next course of action.
I am 38 yr. Old male married and two kids. I had seizure three years ago. I took medicine for three years religiously. Now my doc has stopped the medicine. What preventions to take from now onwards to prevent it further.
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headaches of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to contact your doctor at the earliest and start medication.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!