Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana M
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Archana MYour feedback matters!
What is baby bottle tooth caries?
Baby bottle tooth decay is caused by the frequent and long-term exposure of a child's teeth to liquids containing sugars. Among these liquids are milk, formula, fruit juice, sodas and other sweetened drinks.
The condition is associated with breastfed and bottle fed infants who have prolonged feeding habits or with children whose pacifiers are frequently dipped in honey, sugar or syrup. The sweet fluids left in the mouth while the infant is sleeping increase the chances of cavities.
Why should I be worried about baby bottle tooth decay?
Giving an infant a sugary drink at nap or nighttime is harmful because, during sleep, the flow of saliva decreases, allowing the sugary liquids to linger on the child's teeth for an extended period of time. If left untreated, decay can result, which can cause pain and infection. Severely decayed teeth may need to be extracted. If teeth are infected or lost too early due to baby bottle tooth decay, your child may develop poor eating habits, speech problems, crooked teeth and damaged adult teeth.
How can I prevent baby bottle tooth decay?
1. Never allow a child to fall asleep with a bottle containing milk, formula, juice or other sweetened liquids.
2. Clean and massage the baby's gums to help establish healthy teeth with a moistened gauze square or washcloth.
3. Brushing should begin upon eruption of the first baby tooth. When brushing a child's teeth, use a soft toothbrush and water.
4. Parents should first bring their child to the dentist when the child is between 6 and 12 months old for a checkup.
5. Decrease consumption of sugar, especially between meals.
6. Children should be weaned from the bottle as soon as they can drink from a cup, usually by their first birthday.
My daughter is 8 years old with 50 kg weight. Her skin is also very rough. her prescribed tests are normal. what should we do to reduce her weight?
Children are born with juvenile and weak immune systems. Therefore, they have a tendency to get a high number of diseases, every one to two months. Children's immune systems start to develop not long after birth. The quantity of infections and allergies start to run down with time. When kids are in school, their rate of infections is generally the same as the rate for grown-ups. It is typical for a kid till the age of five to fall ill a few times per year. Thrice is still reasonable. If it goes beyond that, it classifies as a constant infection.
Most specialists are only concerned, if the child suffers from basic viral infections to more complicated ones and extreme bacterial diseases such as blood diseases and pneumonia. Bizarre infections or an expansion in the quantity of diseases after some time are other cautioning signs.
However, here are certain homeopathic cures that help build the immune system along with treating some of these serious issues:
- Allium Cepa: When there is watery release from the eyes along with a running nose, Allium Cepa is one of the best homeopathic medicines. It is ideal for infections that are weather-related. The eyes become red and are sensitive to light. The watery release from the nose is thin and harsh. In the meantime, the release from the eyes is a little thick.
- Arundo: At times when the symptoms start with extreme itching, Arundo is especially recommended and is one of the best homeopathic cures for constant infections in children. There is a great deal of itching and tingling in the nose, the eyes and on top of the mouth.
- Sulfur: This is the most common homeopathic medicine for skin infections with extreme itching and burning sensation. The skin usually stays dry and the patient gets relief by scratching it. Remaining tired all the time, having a sad and grimy looking skin, getting temptation for desserts and extreme warmth in the entire body are some symptoms for which Sulfur is selected.
- Arsenic Album: In situations where there is serious thirst and the child feels really weak, Arsenic Album is one of the best homeopathic medications for repetitive infections. There might be anxiety and uneasiness with alternate side effects of fever.
- Merc Sol: When the child does not feel comfortable in warm or cold surroundings, Merc Sol is extremely effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines. There is a great amount of wheezing and watery release from the nose. The child feels worse in humid or wet climate. Increased sweating is another sign in order to take this medicine.
- Natrum Mur: In situations where there is a lot of sniffling and the symptoms begin with wheezing, Natrum Mur is very effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for repetitive infections. There is a lot of dryness of the mouth and mucous membrane.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!